Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MaidSafeCoin actually a thing? - page 6. (Read 14852 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
January 15, 2017, 02:09:30 PM
A "one day" coin.
Another in the long list of one day it will be big "coins"

If a coin was good it would be obvious at the start.. not dropping in price over a span of years going no where.

If you can't recognize a currency that can compete with Bitcoin WHEN IT LAUNCHED then you are an idiot.
And you deserve to get stuck with bags.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
thecryptocurrency.directory
January 15, 2017, 10:55:10 AM
You might want to look on Burstcoin it's far more profitable than any harddrive based crypto currency,it can easily be mine by any computer all you needis a large space of harddrive and they had a good potential in the market and their community is growing as well.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
January 15, 2017, 08:39:58 AM
Their project is utopia dream, I invested in maidsafe in 2015, they said they would release the official product "soon". I started to buy from 8k sat to 5k sat, after I went all-in my 50 BTC in maidsafe, they dumped it to 3k sat, I was panic dumped and gambled with left 25 BTC, because I want to make money to cover my trading loss. But tragedy happened, I lost my all bitcoin, now after one and half year, it is still in alpha test, even not in beta test, hilarious slowest development in the world.

I hate it.

MaidSafe started back in 2006, predates Bitcoin and still hasn't launched a product.   That was warning enough back in 2014 ICO and should be a warning today.  Nevertheless, they must be very good con artists because there's still suckers lining up to give them money.

I'm surprised they had not made a top 10 list for vaporware scams.  They raised $7 million from their ICO and they also received millions pre-2014 (and even before Bitcoin was created).

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
January 15, 2017, 07:40:38 AM
For my taste the concept is pointless. Why de-centralise the web, whats the advantage of that for the average Joe hosting a website.
Storage on a public blockchain has too big an overhead. For what?
It may have applications for private clusters, but there I'd rather go with SIA.
What they came up with so far is rather poor, I tried it and was quite disappointed.

But as a pure speculative investment it is very interesting.
Should be part of every portfolio.
It will be pumped up big time with every new release, big money behind it, no matter whether its useful or not.
Activity: 938
Merit: 511
January 15, 2017, 07:20:27 AM
Their project is utopia dream, I invested in maidsafe in 2015, they said they would release the official product "soon". I started to buy from 8k sat to 5k sat, after I went all-in my 50 BTC in maidsafe, they dumped it to 3k sat, I was panic dumped and gambled with left 25 BTC, because I want to make money to cover my trading loss. But tragedy happened, I lost my all bitcoin, now after one and half year, it is still in alpha test, even not in beta test, hilarious slowest development in the world.

I hate it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 11
January 15, 2017, 06:56:11 AM
So today I took a look at this MaidSafeCoin.

I think the concept is pretty interesting. In fact I thought about if a coin like MaidSafeCoin could be realized long before I heard about it.

If you don't know what this concept is: You can offer some space of your hard disk as storage to the SAFE network and will in return be rewarded with coins for this. They call this farming and as I understand it this farming is meant to replace the mining you have in other currencies.

I find this interesting because this would actually be useful beyond just securing the network.

My question however is: Can this MaidSafeCoin actually offer a secure distributed currency like bitcoin is or are there any downsides of using this farming instead of mining?

I could not find too much information on the web that would clear this up for me. Maybe someone of you is a bit more familiar with this coin or point me to some detailed explanation of how securing the network is supposed to work with this coin.
Pages:
Jump to: