Pages:
Author

Topic: Is mining coming to an end? - page 2. (Read 371 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 0
January 29, 2018, 09:34:52 AM
By time more and more coins will use another proof of work and less energy will be used. Only some old coins will still be mined in oldschool , but without gpu cards with special hardware.
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
January 29, 2018, 09:26:07 AM
Hey everyone,

So I know there are still coins getting made that can be mined but compared to how it used to be and how many tokens get made instead of actual blockchain cryptocurrencies that can be mined.

Could it get to the point where mining actual Cryptocurrencies comes to an end?

My thought that mining will come to its end asap.
More and more people were realized about the fact mining activity just like burn our earth as fast as possible. How mining activity consumes a lot of energy and then it will become an evil activity only to secure the network to be the decentralized.

The hybrid system will become preferable system rather than go all to the mining side.
Activity: 11
January 29, 2018, 09:04:50 AM
Eventhough it is not, my hashflare account says it is...
With the recent return rates I wouldnt invest another penny
Activity: 140
Merit: 14
January 29, 2018, 08:58:17 AM
not sure if im correct but lets say everyone stops mining except a few, wouldnt those few earn all the rewards for them in a network?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
January 29, 2018, 08:42:11 AM
Mining contracts are not profitable at all. Only if you have big mining farms you can turn over a decent profit.  do believe though that mining for the masses will be more popular in years to come with coins like Electroneum, which will be mined on mobile devices. This will help people all over the world become their own bank and people in much poorer countries may eventually be able to earn a small living from the coins generated from their mobile devices.
Activity: 756
Merit: 294
January 29, 2018, 08:41:03 AM
It should.
We need to use as less energy as possible while making our transactions.
Energy is costly and energy hungry process of confirming a transaction by mining is getting more industrialized that also undermines the decentralized nature of crypto currencies. 

make sense and I concur that we really need to have less energy used in all our cryptocurrency transactions.

I just don't know about burstcoin as it just uses external hard drives to mine burst and it saves a ton of electricity compared to gpu mining. I am in the process of building my burst mining rig but also worry that it might not work for me as it takes too long for the ROI to happen if we base on burst mining calculator.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
January 29, 2018, 08:37:04 AM
Hey everyone,

So I know there are still coins getting made that can be mined but compared to how it used to be and how many tokens get made instead of actual blockchain cryptocurrencies that can be mined.

There is only one way that cryptocurrency mining will end. if all people around the world will stop using or lost their interest in mining or using cryptocurrency. if all existing cryptocurrency right now become not profitable anymore, im sure that there will be another new coin that will still be profitable to mine so this will not stop mining. if countries ban cryptocurrency mining. i doubt that they cant do that.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Earn with impressio.io
January 29, 2018, 08:35:24 AM
i don't know, but i think i cant be end, supply of mining should always provided. if they stop of supply maybe bitcoin going be end and cant getting high anymore because nobody can buy it.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
January 29, 2018, 08:31:08 AM
I dont think that mining will come to an end because there are bitcoins and altcoins that are still available to mine and mining is one of the basic strategies of how to earn money in crypto.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 08:21:19 AM
Mining the heart of cryptocurrency, it never be end.
Maybe in the future we seen more efficiency methods of mining , but today best is POW
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
January 29, 2018, 04:18:58 AM
No, there will be no end for mining. Remember on how transactions are being processed with bitcoin? It needs to be confirmed with miners so I don't think that there will be an end to the miners or there will be time that we don't need miners anymore.
We need to use as less energy as possible while making our transactions.
Energy is costly and energy hungry process of confirming a transaction by mining is getting more industrialized that also undermines the decentralized nature of crypto currencies.  
This is the disadvantage of mining, not unless there will be a change for those coins that needs confirmation through mining.
Activity: 262
Merit: 10
January 29, 2018, 04:16:00 AM
In the future for large and old coins it will be meaningless to mine for private traders. Large Chinese shops producing coins will still make a profit, but not the same as before. The time of major currency mining is passing. This is a worldwide practice for any things. When large corporations enter the scale production of a particular product, small or private enterprises can not compete with such a product. And of course close. And if we add to this the artificial limitation in the speed of mining, then for small players there is no room at all. So it's too late to connect to the majoring of a large currency, but it is possible to switch to new and promising ones.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
January 29, 2018, 04:11:12 AM
That's unlikely to happen. We know every year the mining enthusiasm is getting bigger and the power of wattage require for it is getting bigger, and indirectly the CO2 emitted is large, Well, we know nowadays the miners is utilizing the green energy like the hydro plant and etc, but I believe it still bad for the efficiency.

And if we look at a bigger picture, miners are required a graphics card to be used, which is the graphics card company will be profitable. I believe in case the miners lose a popularity the graphics card companies will pressure the community and will offer a better altcoins alternatives.
Activity: 98
Merit: 16
January 29, 2018, 04:04:31 AM
This should have been the case, but as long as new coins appear, the mining situation will exist and people will always expect that they own more coins, so the waste of such resources will still exist.
Activity: 840
Merit: 128
January 29, 2018, 03:46:09 AM
The decentralized cryptocurrencies need to be mined in order to get them. This how they are made.
Without mining, the transactions cannot be confirmed, and we have nothing.
We can't change that, at least to the current existing crypto coins.
In order to stop it, another new coin has to be issued having that will be produced in another way.
Or if we want eco-friendly coins, we can accept centralized coins and give the profits to their creators.
Activity: 472
Merit: 101
January 28, 2018, 04:04:41 AM
It's according to the coin which is being mined ; if it's a promising alt , then miners won't leave it & continue working on even though it consumes a considerable energy amount and vice versa, if it doesn't worth it, automatically miners would stop mining it .
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
January 28, 2018, 04:02:19 AM
I think it may or may not come to an end. Looking back, before we only had BTC but now there are other currencies that were "derived" from it. As long as there are miners, the possibilities of new crypto currencies may seem boundless. That's why it may not end. Why it will end? When miners actually stop, I guess.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1448
January 28, 2018, 04:01:09 AM
Mining algoritms becomes more different. I think it will come to an end soon. People dont eant to mine, the just sant x2-x10 their investments and quick
copper member
Activity: 358
January 28, 2018, 04:01:03 AM
Still, a Really long way to go (there are still many other mineable alt coins which can take-over), keep mining until it lasts.  
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
January 28, 2018, 04:00:20 AM
I think its bit 2014 thingy, ya know. Mining consumes too much electricity, some people use it as argument to "wealth creation" but I don't buy it. We don't really need proof of work. We just need fast working trust network. Pos is good enough.
Pages:
Jump to: