Pages:
Author

Topic: Is mining coming to an end? - page 3. (Read 371 times)

Activity: 163
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 03:58:23 AM
Hey everyone,

So I know there are still coins getting made that can be mined but compared to how it used to be and how many tokens get made instead of actual blockchain cryptocurrencies that can be mined.

Could it get to the point where mining actual Cryptocurrencies comes to an end?

It could but right now, still have a very long way to go.
Activity: 462
Merit: 18
January 28, 2018, 03:53:44 AM
I'm not sure how do u see that ending while mining is the core of what decentralized means, so the servers & rigs need to be up and running.

I see that in the close future maybe a new coin will be able to do that wich will probably revolutionize the process ... even so the mining atm is also an industry ..
Activity: 89
Merit: 5
January 28, 2018, 03:53:04 AM
Likely.
Now every single minable coin (and non-minable) is overpriced. Total hash power is insanely high, most coins' mining difficulties are ridiculously high, all GPUs sold out etc. And still more people are joining the world of mining. This growth isn't sustainable.
If this trend keeps unchanged...
Within a year or two, mining difficulty of every minable coin will be so high, and all mining hardware will be so overpriced, that it's not profitable anymore for anyone to mine, without first investing at least several $10k in hardware.
And if the crypto bubble then bursts, most coins crash some 80%-90%, even the biggest miners will lose money mining, just like bitcoin mining back in 2014.

So yeah, mining will be dead probably by 2020. Grin

At that time expect the craziest GPU dumping sell in history. Be prepared to buy some nice used GPU cheap!
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 03:44:41 AM
It might be comming to an end, but that end is not that near to be feared right now, as the person above said, it could be a good thing on the other hand with spending less energy
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 28, 2018, 03:42:54 AM
It should.
We need to use as less energy as possible while making our transactions.
Energy is costly and energy hungry process of confirming a transaction by mining is getting more industrialized that also undermines the decentralized nature of crypto currencies. 
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
January 28, 2018, 03:39:53 AM
Hey everyone,

So I know there are still coins getting made that can be mined but compared to how it used to be and how many tokens get made instead of actual blockchain cryptocurrencies that can be mined.

Could it get to the point where mining actual Cryptocurrencies comes to an end?

Pages:
Jump to: