Pages:
Author

Topic: Is mining going to die soon? - page 2. (Read 1843 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 1
February 17, 2018, 03:58:43 PM
Hello! Which is better to buy a miner ?
Activity: 145
Merit: 16
February 17, 2018, 10:38:52 AM
I don't mean die completely but with ETH announcing moving to POS
and am sure we have seen some new coins go along with fully POS or POS/MN without any POW
we might start to see some shift in the crypto space where people start to move away from POW gradually

What do you guys think?
Those who are long time invested heavily in mining farm, are you planning on sclaing up or down on operations as far as adding more rigs or selling off gradually?

Those about to enter the mining business, are you still going to do it or will you step back and watch what is going on for now?

Please pour in your thoughts

Thanks
I don't mean die completely but with ETH announcing moving to POS
and am sure we have seen some new coins go along with fully POS or POS/MN without any POW
we might start to see some shift in the crypto space where people start to move away from POW gradually

What do you guys think?
Those who are long time invested heavily in mining farm, are you planning on sclaing up or down on operations as far as adding more rigs or selling off gradually?

Those about to enter the mining business, are you still going to do it or will you step back and watch what is going on for now?

Please pour in your thoughts

Thanks

Mining won't die completely almost ever, at least in next 5-6 years. there always will be some coins which coul'd be mined. I was mining BTC with graphic cards back at 2013 but you can't do that today... but there is some other coins to mine...

Activity: 141
Merit: 4
ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.
February 17, 2018, 10:36:14 AM
Lol people are getting butt hurt over gpus. Relax guys. This is supposed to be fun. A learning experience.
Activity: 210
Merit: 174
BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange
February 17, 2018, 03:57:50 AM
I sold 21 1070's
 I sold multiple  case builds
I sold a few 1080tis

You are doing it right, better to sell now while there are idiots paying for those overpriced prices, cause very soon there will be plenty of gpus available for gamers.
why are you talking about idiots if anyone buys a GPU for the current price? And indirectly you say you're smart? everyone has his or her own motivation to buy the GPU.

I know, you reason a compare prices GPU and current coin revenue. but it no enough a reason to talks idiot. it could be the person you say an idiot, saying in his heart: you are more idiot.
Activity: 644
Merit: 24
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 16, 2018, 07:12:52 PM
I sold 21 1070's
I sold a few 1080tis

You are doing it right, better to sell now while there are idiots paying for those overpriced prices, cause very soon there will be plenty of gpus available for gamers.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
February 16, 2018, 06:51:53 PM

Asics blow they suck basic reason is terrible after market service and warranties.

Your article is interesting Nvidia makes a tweener chip only good for mining.

Well it means they believe in mining having enough legs to dent the gaming market.

I do want you to understand  I have quite a few gamer people I sell rigs to every one mines.  About 30 of 30 people.

Most do so while sleeping. So  Nvidia will do well to consider that gamers will be pissed  that their 2080 or 2070 or 2080ti  does not earn back coin to make it a cheap card.

Would love to see how it all unfolds.  I am cash heavy right now.

I sold 21 1070's
I sold a few 1080tis

all of them sold  at prices just above retail after I mined them for 2-4 months.

I still have 28 1080tis left  I will hold them and mine them for a bit.

I am asic free other then  4 usb sticks from sidekick and 8 usb sticks from jestanop.

Xtreme Monster
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
February 16, 2018, 05:47:01 PM
Wonder if they'll start climbing the clock tower before or after you do. hehe

Nvidia is developing a gpu for cryptomining only which means, the end of gaming gpus will end soon, my hopes is gaming gpus will only be for gaming like it was meant to.

Probability zero.

There are *3'd party* Nvidia card makers that have created mining-specific CARDS, but Nvidia doesn't consider the cryptocoin mining market to be enough of their market share to bother with mining-specific GPUs at all.

*AMD* might think about it - but even there it's doubtful, they have some strong memories of the 2014 GPU mining collapse and how sudden it happened.
AMD however has sold a significant number of their sales during 2017 to folks that made cards that were eventually sold to miners - possibly as high as a QUARTER of their sales - where the same figure for Nvidia is definitely less than 10% and more likely 5% ballpark during 2017.

Activity: 141
Merit: 4
ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.
February 16, 2018, 05:10:58 PM

Nvidia is developing a gpu for cryptomining only which means, the end of gaming gpus will end soon, my hopes is gaming gpus will only be for gaming like it was meant to.

hehe

you love pushing metroids buttons. lol.
February 16, 2018, 04:21:10 PM

hehe
Xtreme Monster
February 16, 2018, 04:20:16 PM

February 16, 2018, 04:08:47 PM
Yeah, it will die, as far as can tell, still no hope yet. Idiots paying $1000 for a rx 580, soon, will all commit suicide.

Xtreme Monster
February 16, 2018, 02:59:20 PM
Yeah, it will die, as far as can tell, still no hope yet. Idiots paying $1000 for a rx 580, soon, will all commit suicide.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 02:27:49 PM
It’s not necessary that the mining will die, unless whole of the Blockchain technology go vanish. Though it is a difficult time, when the prices of most trusted and known Bitcoin are getting down, but the mining will still be profitable if you mine correctly. Proper Mining rig setup allows the user to mine properly but at the same time the expenses of Electricity and power4 will surpass the profit that we earn. But you can mine other crypto coins with the mining rig, that will not surpass any of the expenses and no other Crypto needs this big setup to mine the block.

That is true if you can find a good coin to mine which does not have the ASIC.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
February 16, 2018, 12:54:52 PM
9 Vega 64 now struggle to make $9 a day

Think about that...

4 1080tis struggle to make $10 a day

Think about that....

Now ask your self will a Vega 64 ever go back to $499 in price?

Your problem is you that you think too much about it in fiat.  Who gives a fuck about fiat?

The large number of us that have BILLS to pay.

Everyone has bills to pay.  If you didn't over extend yourself to begin with (not saying you, just in general), you would have money to pay your electric costs out of other funds as opposed to cashing out crypto at the wrong time to do it.

There are lots of reasons to sell off gear. Then buy some back later.

In December I had 60k in gear and I now have 20k in gear.

But If I sell a pair of 1080tis for 1500 in btc  today at 10000 a btc  I get .1500 btc

If I sold a pair of 1080ti's at same price in december I get 0.0750 btc

In both case fiat is =  but btc 2x depends on how you think of it.

Fiat is a key part of your math  in this game.

Gear availability
gear reliability
power cost
coin prices
diff for coins

your ratio of gpu to asic to cash to debt to power cap to heat cap to cooling cap to diff to coin price all matters.

Mining will do fine for the time being.  But long run they may want to force out the smaller players.

February 16, 2018, 09:31:23 AM

Think about that...

Think about that....

Your problem is you that you think too much about it in fiat.  Who gives a fuck about fiat?

The large number of us that have BILLS to pay.

Everyone has bills to pay.  If you didn't over extend yourself to begin with (not saying you, just in general), you would have money to pay your electric costs out of other funds as opposed to cashing out crypto at the wrong time to do it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 12:46:20 AM
It’s not necessary that the mining will die, unless whole of the Blockchain technology go vanish. Though it is a difficult time, when the prices of most trusted and known Bitcoin are getting down, but the mining will still be profitable if you mine correctly. Proper Mining rig setup allows the user to mine properly but at the same time the expenses of Electricity and power4 will surpass the profit that we earn. But you can mine other crypto coins with the mining rig, that will not surpass any of the expenses and no other Crypto needs this big setup to mine the block.
legendary
February 06, 2018, 05:08:39 PM
Gpu mining died in 2012 and again in 2013 yet we grasp the last bit of cryptos with all we have it really doesn't matter how many times gpu mining dies as long as there are devs and miners we do what we do.

It didn't die - it just lost all the "get rich quick" types and cut back to where EFFICIENT, LOW COST operations were the only ones that were profitable.

legendary
February 06, 2018, 05:07:34 PM

Think about that...

Think about that....

Not soon, if ever - but that's more about "no more low cost reference cards" and the 3'd party cards so far being much higher-end cooling and such that allow for higher PERFORMANCE as well, coupled with RAM price increases.

Pages:
Jump to: