Pages:
Author

Topic: Is MtGox dying? - page 2. (Read 12699 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
February 11, 2014, 08:12:33 AM
This is truly terrifying. If the 5% fee withdrawal doesn't even work now, it really does seem as though Gox is dying/insolvent. Has ANYONE managed to get money out of them in the last few weeks?

I can confirm that I received a withdraw which I ordered in end of November and received it on 5th February (last week):

http://fastimages.eu/images/mtgoxgxg.jpg
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
February 11, 2014, 07:54:33 AM
Activity: 181
Merit: 104
February 11, 2014, 04:24:43 AM
MtGox failed to transfer USD funds to my bank account, requested on 14 December 2013, even though I agreed to the outrageous 5% extra handling fee, but after many Support Requests, they finally credited my MtGox account back with the funds on 10 February 2014. Of course, I now have MtGoxBTC and MtGoxUSD which are useless since transfers have been suspended.

This is truly terrifying. If the 5% fee withdrawal doesn't even work now, it really does seem as though Gox is dying/insolvent. Has ANYONE managed to get money out of them in the last few weeks?
Activity: 28
February 11, 2014, 01:43:41 AM
MtGox failed to transfer USD funds to my bank account, requested on 14 December 2013, even though I agreed to the outrageous 5% extra handling fee, but after many Support Requests, they finally credited my MtGox account back with the funds on 10 February 2014. Of course, I now have MtGoxBTC and MtGoxUSD which are useless since transfers have been suspended.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
February 08, 2014, 05:16:51 AM
The reason why I do believe Gox is likely to solve its current problems (wrt fiat withdrawals, btc withdrawals):

They did fix their horribly broken trade matching engine last year. I think it was something they ought to have done much earlier (they had time and they had the money to buy expertise), but better late than never.

So, with this precedent, I'm reasoning they have extremely inefficient / stupid leadership culture, where they only dedicate any resources to their systems when problems arise. They're working on a misunderstood "if it ain't broken" principle; they only fix things when it comes painfully, publicly apparent that they are broken.

I think so, too. I believe they are not scammers.
I exchanged a couple of emails with the support team.
They were happy to hear that I was cheering them up instead of scolding them.

Besides, do not forget that mark is a PHP programmer.....PHP is nice but known to produce spaghetti code...

How exactly is PHP nice? PHP is a HORRIBLE language by any count. I use and even administer some systems written in PHP but not by choice, rather by poor choice made by others. Everyone should read this article before claiming PHP to be good for any purpose: http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/

Good for rapid prototyping but yeah for the rest...that would explain why mark cannot delegate...he is probably the only one that can read the code.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
February 07, 2014, 10:26:14 PM
Activity: 501
Merit: 500
February 07, 2014, 07:29:38 AM
The reason why I do believe Gox is likely to solve its current problems (wrt fiat withdrawals, btc withdrawals):

They did fix their horribly broken trade matching engine last year. I think it was something they ought to have done much earlier (they had time and they had the money to buy expertise), but better late than never.

So, with this precedent, I'm reasoning they have extremely inefficient / stupid leadership culture, where they only dedicate any resources to their systems when problems arise. They're working on a misunderstood "if it ain't broken" principle; they only fix things when it comes painfully, publicly apparent that they are broken.

Besides, do not forget that mark is a PHP programmer.....PHP is nice but known to produce spaghetti code...

How exactly is PHP nice? PHP is a HORRIBLE language by any count. I use and even administer some systems written in PHP but not by choice, rather by poor choice made by others. Everyone should read this article before claiming PHP to be good for any purpose: http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
Activity: 56
February 07, 2014, 07:22:05 AM
MtGox is almost dead. Hope an angel investor somehow saves the day.

unfortunately, this shit is too astonishing that no angel in this world could ever consume.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
February 07, 2014, 06:52:51 AM
MtGox is almost dead. Hope an angel investor somehow saves the day.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
February 07, 2014, 06:42:40 AM
BTC withdraws are disabled right now.

And what's happening with MtGox price? Everyone is rushing to sell bitcoins and withdrawing fiat?

Yo can go to court if someone doesnt give your fiat much easily.
Activity: 224
February 07, 2014, 06:21:30 AM
BTC withdraws are disabled right now.

And what's happening with MtGox price? Everyone is rushing to sell bitcoins and withdrawing fiat?
Activity: 120
February 07, 2014, 05:08:03 AM
They should have died 6 months ago when they stopped giving customers their international wires. The sooner they die the better for bitcoin. I hope this is that time.
February 07, 2014, 04:56:25 AM

Activity: 101
February 06, 2014, 08:20:23 PM

Is there anyone else but Mark in charge at the decision level?

To my understanding, no.
Activity: 28
February 06, 2014, 08:14:56 PM
Withdrawal Request of just 0.0255 BTC (about US$24) on 5 February 2014 not received yet (7 February). Just wanted to test the system.
Still not received the USD funds withdrawal from December 2013 (of course).
Support Requests go unanswered (naturally).
They are just a criminal organization, but I don't know what can be done about it.
Sorry for those with large amounts of BTC or USD at MtGox. You've lost it fellas.

Activity: 490
February 06, 2014, 09:22:52 AM

Is there anyone else but Mark in charge at the decision level?
Activity: 501
February 06, 2014, 08:19:48 AM

February 06, 2014, 02:30:03 AM
Dealing with JPY domestically is really great on Mt. Gox. Can deposit fiat and get fiat out within an hour or so.

not anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
February 06, 2014, 12:06:08 AM
Whoops, MtGox price dropped to $825. What's happening?

obvious - why pay more if anyway you can't get btc out, people may as well turn to fiat

How do you "turn to fiat" at Gox? Don't understand.

you sell your gox-btc for gox-usd or gox-euro and try to withdraw it, just a guess

In case you've missed the news, getting fiat out of Gox has been nearly impossible for several months now.

They also came out with a super fishy sounding excuse that said that the withdrawal problems seemed to only affect the larger withdrawals.   There is something so not right going on there...
Activity: 56
February 05, 2014, 11:54:00 PM
Whoops, MtGox price dropped to $825. What's happening?

obvious - why pay more if anyway you can't get btc out, people may as well turn to fiat

How do you "turn to fiat" at Gox? Don't understand.

you sell your gox-btc for gox-usd or gox-euro and try to withdraw it, just a guess

In case you've missed the news, getting fiat out of Gox has been nearly impossible for several months now.

hm, actually i realized that btc-usd is independent from euro

Pages:
Jump to: