Pages:
Author

Topic: Is regulation good or bad? - page 14. (Read 30843 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
July 13, 2019, 03:58:28 AM
Regulation is teorically really bad but on real use cases lots of people lost really huge money on scam projects and it continues non stop.
Regulation will not stop scammer but at least they will slow down to hurt people.
Activity: 514
Merit: 100
July 13, 2019, 03:44:55 AM
it is ok to have some regulations so that we can be protected from some fake cryptocurrencies which are there in the market it that way it will be helpful.   
That's why the regulation is actually good in crypto. Yes it is, to eliminate a scam crypto project. Because with the existence of several regulations, of course it will be very good. So in the future crypto projects will prove which ones are really serious and there are no fake or scam crypto projects.
copper member
Activity: 644
Merit: 0
POINTPAY
July 13, 2019, 03:28:47 AM
it is ok to have some regulations so that we can be protected from some fake cryptocurrencies which are there in the market it that way it will be helpful.   
Activity: 736
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
July 13, 2019, 03:12:30 AM
I now see how states are trying to get their benefit from cryptocurrency. Constantly introducing new laws to somehow control the cryptocurrency in the region. Now I am afraid of the news that comes from Russia. What will happen to the cryptocurrency in that region? If strict regulation is carried out.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
July 13, 2019, 03:09:54 AM
Regulation has its own good and bad sides in crypto. Generally speaking, regulations will reduce fraud and protect investors to a great extent, but regulations will bring more centralization to crypto.  If all token sales are being regulated, like what happens with STOs, then investors will have peace of mind knowing that the team has been verified.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
July 13, 2019, 02:47:16 AM
Regulations are mandatory to bring crypto currencies and blockchain technology integrate deeper in real life of human society. Without regulations, and good protections from law managements, people will hesitate to use crypto currencies, despite crypto enthusiasts. Personally, regulations are good for crypto, not bad.
I agree with that, I think now Bitcoin and Ethereum price also doing high quality as well. But this is right this days not for altcoins and many time to far goes to down. In fact regulations will be good effect for the crypto market also.
Activity: 476
July 13, 2019, 02:10:16 AM
The other hand, this is good, since regulation will help to solve issues related to a large number of fraud in the world of crypto currency, but on the other hand, crypto currency lose their independence from States and in fact it is becoming more and more decentralized.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
July 12, 2019, 09:12:12 PM
I think regulations will be effective in a way that is good for the crypto market because we need to ensure that every action we take is legal.
Activity: 378
July 12, 2019, 07:25:03 PM
regulation is what the crypto industry has long been waiting for because it is the antidote to kill many scam projects out there and without it many investors out there fear cooperating with the industry sake of fear of loss of funds. In other for crypto to reach mass adoption, I think it needs regulation which is good in my opinion to curb scam projects out of the industry.
Activity: 431
Merit: 18
July 12, 2019, 07:20:29 PM
The issue of guidelines in cryptocurrencies and the blockchain has both a good side, and a terrible side as well. the good thing is, crypto will end up lawful as a genuine investment resource for trading and will improve its worth much. the drawback, the effect of all that is unquestionably an expense that will increment for every exchange, or what we can call charge.
This will however mean more scrutiny and reveal a lot of questionable actions of exchanges and also cryptocurrency projects
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
July 12, 2019, 06:35:12 PM
For me it's depends the pattern how crypto become regulated control by the government, for sure if crypto is regulated the price value of ech coin can control of the government  and I think it's difficult to the trader if this regulation can control by the government. But I'll go where crypto become better as digital currency. For me regulation is bad in my own opinion.
Activity: 262
July 12, 2019, 06:27:55 PM
Everything in cryptocurrency was anonymous, and it's a very exciting feature of what crypto has. But most often times scammers and cyber crimes could intrude somebody's privacy, because of that identity of nowhere to be found. Regulation helped the crypto community be aware of somebody whom they transact with, and this will help avoid possible fraud as well.
Activity: 616
Merit: 1
July 12, 2019, 06:19:05 PM
It has advantages as well as disadvantages. The major pro is that it will eliminate most of the irregularities going on in crypto and at the same put a lot of restraint on the industry which is a con.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
July 12, 2019, 06:16:50 PM
regulation can help people save money, avoid fraud, and government can keep it.
i think people just afraid from tax. when they have high income, they must pay high to tax. and when bitcoin have regulation that related with government, it mean they know how much your income for a month, with a fact many people hate tax.
Activity: 1193
Merit: 251
July 12, 2019, 06:10:18 PM
The involvement of government will be advantageous in some area, such as curbing scam ICOs, Manipulations etc. But, on the other hand the main reason of Blockchain technology will be affected, which  is "Decentralization". 
Based on Your opinion, I do not quite understand what You mean by decentralization.You want to say that decentralization=anonymity?For me, decentralization is a much broader concept.It seems to me that it is too early to talk about regulation.And the very concept of regulation at the moment of the development of the entire crypto industry is abstract.How can you regulate what is essentially not regulated?
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
July 12, 2019, 05:21:35 PM
I think this guidelines are here to secure everybody with that the principles will be better and more secure, so it is difficult Scammer is here. And for sure, if there are rules, it makes it difficult to do anything, yet on the off chance that we think emphatically by guidelines we can be secured and it is difficult for individuals to be here. so what relies upon the standards first and we look great so we can realize the principles are fortunate or unfortunate for the benefit of all.
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
July 12, 2019, 04:32:56 PM
Left to me, regulation is a good idea for cryptocurrencies because it will not only help curb misconduct but also bring in institutional investors into the cryptocurrency market, as there will be a trust stamp on cryptocurrency. Regulation is a good idea and it is what we need.
Activity: 195
July 12, 2019, 03:11:27 PM
The involvement of government will be advantageous in some area, such as curbing scam ICOs, Manipulations etc. But, on the other hand the main reason of Blockchain technology will be affected, which  is "Decentralization". 

Not only those, but there are also too many bad things happens using cryptocurrency because of its anonymity. no one can trace who is behind those things. So there are good things in being regulated.
Activity: 335
July 12, 2019, 02:40:54 PM
The original purpose of blockchain and bitcoin is to escape government management. So I think regulations and laws should only be applied to ICOs that need to raise fund.
Activity: 350
July 12, 2019, 02:38:46 PM
In my view, regulation will be good for Crypto industry. As we can now see  that many Govt are looking for ways to regulate the industry.

Regulation will be a good thing in the long run. It will build trust for the industry among the masses thereby resulting in mass adoption. With regulation, people will feel more comfortable and have a sense of security to invest in crypto.

I don't believe that regulation means we have to declare our portfolio. Just as nobody cares to know exactly how much you own in the bank.

Regulation will also help in curbing the possibility of using crypto to launder money and place a check and balance in ICO which will make it very difficult for scam ICOs to operate.

I say regulation will in the end be a good thing for crypto..

What's your view about it?

I honestly agree with you. I guess it is what the rest of the world is waiting for for full adoption. The industry is riddled with fraudulent activities and I expect it sooner than later now that centralized organizations like Facebook has ventured into crypto with the Libra coin to become a major key player
Pages:
Jump to: