Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Regulation The End For Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 6881 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
May 14, 2015, 09:53:43 AM
I don't think Bitcoin will be regulated. If it is regulated, it will lose his own beauty.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
April 22, 2015, 03:41:53 PM
+1
Anonymity s the worst thing which has ever happened to BTC. It only attracts scammers and ponzi operators.
It does make it easier for scammers but it is also a central feature that needs to be maintained. It's a new paradigm. No banks, no oversight. That puts security on you and me brother. Sure it's more work, but freedom often is.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
April 22, 2015, 03:22:18 PM
One of the basic needs of Bitcoin creation was to beat the regulation.
So, it's better for the bitcoin to be dead rather than regulated.
April 22, 2015, 02:35:09 PM
The services for bitcoin should be regulated, but not the coin itself.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Trust me!
April 22, 2015, 10:24:26 AM
We all keep saying that they will/can/be regulating bitcoin. But I did not really see any comment how mining can be regulated. And it is the easiest way to influence bitcoin.
Governments can start to to endorse ASIC manufacturers a with special kind of permits and that will rise equipment cost for mining bitcoin.  

You could just go and ban the use of Bitcoin or make it punishable by law. Boom - the majority of citizens will never touch Bitcoin again. It's far easier for a country to ban something than you may think, you don't need to circumvent SHA256 or something, you just need an executive force Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
April 22, 2015, 08:52:29 AM
We all keep saying that they will/can/be regulating bitcoin. But I did not really see any comment how mining can be regulated. And it is the easiest way to influence bitcoin.
Governments can start to to endorse ASIC manufacturers a with special kind of permits and that will rise equipment cost for mining bitcoin.  
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
April 22, 2015, 08:48:46 AM
if you don't want to get regulated you can't be any geek off the street. you gotta be handy w/ the steel if you know what i mean, earn your keep

Regulate by Warren/G, nice one, gonna listin it tonight, longtime ago that I heard that song.

REGULATORS!  MOUNT UP!!

Nothing like 90s Hip Hop.  Real creativity and music, no BS like today's.

That said Bitcoin itself is in "1990's" so to speak, if were to correlate Bitcoin to the Internet, growth wise.
Activity: 49
April 22, 2015, 08:37:49 AM
ESMA is seeking information on new developments in virtual currency investment

http://www.onestopbrokers.com/2015/04/22/esma-seeking-information-new-developments-virtual-currency-investment/
Activity: 968
March 28, 2015, 04:33:31 PM
the public loves it when authority figures give them the "ok".  btc is probably gonna sky rocket.
March 28, 2015, 12:20:03 PM

Can you give out negative effects if Bitcoin is regulated?

First of all, it will become like other things. And that's not good.
Secondly, it will lose all that is fascinating about it.

Cool

Don't forget anonymity. I'm sure there's alot of people who would love to get rid of this feature.

+1

Anonymity s the worst thing which has ever happened to BTC. It only attracts scammers and ponzi operators.
Activity: 699
Merit: 501
March 28, 2015, 11:05:26 AM

Cool

Don't forget anonymity. I'm sure there's alot of people who would love to get rid of this feature.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
March 28, 2015, 10:40:12 AM
if you don't want to get regulated you can't be any geek off the street. you gotta be handy w/ the steel if you know what i mean, earn your keep

Regulate by Warren/G, nice one, gonna listin it tonight, longtime ago that I heard that song.
Activity: 392
March 25, 2015, 03:07:06 AM
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
March 25, 2015, 02:32:50 AM

Cool

Spot on.
Bitcoin was made purely to be the first decentralized currency on the web. If it becomes regulated, we can all just kiss it goodbye. I'll be moving over to LTC, Doge, or heck even DarkCoin. Something where the legend will continue. I won't be participating in bitcoin if it becomes regulated. Not a chance.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
March 25, 2015, 02:02:23 AM
Unregulated by any organization or government is one of the main features of Bitcoin. If under regulated,who will set the rules,or which organization would be trusted?
Activity: 392
March 25, 2015, 01:21:56 AM
Regulations are real, check this:

U.K. TREASURY TO REGULATE DIGITAL CURRENCY & BITCOIN,

HM Treasury, the U.K. government’s economic and finance ministry, intends to apply anti-money laundering regulation to digital currency exchanges in the U.K. as part of a plan to promote the legitimate use of digital currency. The goal, according to a newly-released 28-page document, is to support innovation and prevent criminal use. - cryptocoinsnews.com https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/u-k-treasury-regulate-digital-currency-bitcoin/
is the goal really to support innovation? so much so that they list it before listing "prevent[ing] criminal use"? sounds a lot sleazier than if they just said what it is. when a mugger says to give him your wallet, at least he is being upfront about it.
Activity: 25
March 25, 2015, 12:52:57 AM
I don't believe they will be able to fully regulate bitcoin. They may pass laws to make it's undocumented use illegal in certain countries etc. but since no single power controls the whole world it will be difficult to stop bitcoin use.
Activity: 112
March 24, 2015, 11:18:18 PM
Is Regulation The End For Bitcoin?

http://bitforum.info/t/is-regulation-the-end-for-bitcoin/396

Maybe bitcoiners doesnt say this out loud but majority of us question ourselves, if Bitcoin will be regulated. Would it be the end?

I mean, if there is a central entity that regulates Bitcoin, do you think that they're regulation would be 'limited' or will they violate a bitcoiners privacy for the sake of 'regulation'?

In the article, it reads the advantages of regulation.

Regulation is far ahead of us. If it will come, let us just give it a chance and observe what it does before we even argue about it.
Activity: 126
March 20, 2015, 09:23:34 PM
They are looking to control and regulate Bitcoin when the Bitcoin is made to not be controlled and regulated.In my opinion the only really thing they can do is to forbidden internet access as other member notice above but where? to whole world? so i found an end as impossible, a disaster maybe...  Cool

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.

Yes they will try and do what they can to control i mean regulate but that is not going to get them anywhere as you have stated above they will not be able to. What they will be able to regulate i mean control would be exchanges and as we speak the UK government are planning to do exactly that which will not be good by any means.

More than likely we can expect the exchanges to get regulated and then massive fee's will be a result because the governments obviously want their bit as well as they always do.

It will not be the end but i could be fairly annoying jumping threw hoops for these people.

Except if we all recognize it for what it is build for?Which is money we don't need to exchange it we need to use it between us sure they can control mean regulate companies but not us and not all the world.. the idea of Bitcoin is not an investment opportunity which we just convert it to pounds, dollars,euros or else but is to use it as the form of payment and money this is the future and its future is only in our hands my friend.  Smiley

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.

Most of us do recognize but as we speak the only real way to get bitcoin to start is threw an exchange unfortunately, but we will soon have decentralized exchanges then they can only regulate what is already centralized which will end up becoming obsolete.

Bithalo is the first steps towards true bitcoin freedom away from the control and regulations and scams. It is p2p and uses smartcontracts when the time is right we do have places to go like this away from the regulations but at the moment people are comfortable with what we have.  

There are great minds working to keep this what it should be thankfully Smiley

Yes i agree with you on that.As you said people found it only via exchanges and people like it as it is but in my personal opinion this is the bad path of the road because today everyone see it only as an opportunity people, exchanges, goverments i cant except my self me too i am in this path i do buy, investing, mining, lending and keeping or exchanging it and that is the mainly problem that we keep it and as we keep it and use those methods of investments is clear that govermants want to bit a part of the erninngs and this is the only reason wich dont see it for now as a problem for them..because when we really society it and be in our lifes then we will have the absolute control of it wich is uncontroled.Yes there are great mind working for it  but personally i am thankfull for them who are doing this without any profit.Mainly we agree so i hope that you wont misunderstood me.Be well my friend and hope for a better Bitocoin world.  Smiley

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.
Activity: 476
Gone......
March 20, 2015, 09:01:55 PM
They are looking to control and regulate Bitcoin when the Bitcoin is made to not be controlled and regulated.In my opinion the only really thing they can do is to forbidden internet access as other member notice above but where? to whole world? so i found an end as impossible, a disaster maybe...  Cool

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.

Yes they will try and do what they can to control i mean regulate but that is not going to get them anywhere as you have stated above they will not be able to. What they will be able to regulate i mean control would be exchanges and as we speak the UK government are planning to do exactly that which will not be good by any means.

More than likely we can expect the exchanges to get regulated and then massive fee's will be a result because the governments obviously want their bit as well as they always do.

It will not be the end but i could be fairly annoying jumping threw hoops for these people.

Except if we all recognize it for what it is build for?Which is money we don't need to exchange it we need to use it between us sure they can control mean regulate companies but not us and not all the world.. the idea of Bitcoin is not an investment opportunity which we just convert it to pounds, dollars,euros or else but is to use it as the form of payment and money this is the future and its future is only in our hands my friend.  Smiley

Kind Regards,
BTC-Bank.

Most of us do recognize but as we speak the only real way to get bitcoin to start is threw an exchange unfortunately, but we will soon have decentralized exchanges then they can only regulate what is already centralized which will end up becoming obsolete.

Bithalo is the first steps towards true bitcoin freedom away from the control and regulations and scams. It is p2p and uses smartcontracts when the time is right we do have places to go like this away from the regulations but at the moment people are comfortable with what we have. 

There are great minds working to keep this what it should be thankfully Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: