Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Religion slowly dying? - page 12. (Read 5408 times)

copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 284
May 29, 2017, 12:24:22 PM
What would be the point of a church for Atheists? Who would they pray to? This doesn't make sense. Maybe its a cult or something there.
People do things in church other than pray, which you'd know if you've ever actually set foot in one.
Atheists creates cult in form religion worshiping DEVIL and Black Demons! Smiley If you are doubting make a little search on YouTube and see Grin 

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
May 25, 2017, 05:49:12 PM
It sure is. Due to the technology religion is left behind.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 25, 2017, 04:14:52 PM
I would say that religion = politics. Nothing more nowadays...
Activity: 184
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
May 25, 2017, 01:54:26 PM
Religion is not dying. Rather it is changing. For example.

Evolution theory has been proven false in may ways. The fact that it is theory rather than law shows that there always has been question about it.

Yet, people still believe that it is true, and there are many people going around trying to trick others into believing it. And many people fall for the scam.

This is the way religious cults work. So, religion is simply changing, often from believing in God, to believing in evolution, or maybe, believing in science.

Cool

Faith in God will remain forever, but religion can disappear or become a tradition. Faith and religious currents are the difference of the concept and believe in the existence of a pusher is possible without religion.

As far as I have seen, showing off that you are a believer in God has been decreased greatly. Faith is still the same but going to Churches, mosques and temples have been decreased.
The real God is within you, you just have to know him and be truthful in your life.
This is no God. All who go to Church and who don't go to Church do not differ from each other. I really like to watch when politicians go to Church, pretend that they pray and then return to his office and sign a decree which robs citizens or starts a war and kills hundreds of thousands of people. Who is of such politicians punished by God?

God punishes politicians in something else. They may be unhappy, may have illnesses, depression, the inability to do what ordinary people can afford.
Activity: 134
May 25, 2017, 01:31:41 PM
I think its dying when it comes to Christianity/Catholicism. Most of the peeps I know have converted to atheism.

Then there is islam, its spreading like a disease.

Activity: 630
Merit: 272
May 25, 2017, 01:10:55 PM

Evolution theory has been proven false in may ways. The fact that it is theory rather than law shows that there always has been question about it.

Yet, people still believe that it is true, and there are many people going around trying to trick others into believing it. And many people fall for the scam.

This is the way religious cults work. So, religion is simply changing, often from believing in God, to believing in evolution, or maybe, believing in science.

Cool

Faith in God will remain forever, but religion can disappear or become a tradition. Faith and religious currents are the difference of the concept and believe in the existence of a pusher is possible without religion.

As far as I have seen, showing off that you are a believer in God has been decreased greatly. Faith is still the same but going to Churches, mosques and temples have been decreased.
The real God is within you, you just have to know him and be truthful in your life.
This is no God. All who go to Church and who don't go to Church do not differ from each other. I really like to watch when politicians go to Church, pretend that they pray and then return to his office and sign a decree which robs citizens or starts a war and kills hundreds of thousands of people. Who is of such politicians punished by God?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
May 25, 2017, 12:44:05 PM

Cool

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
May 25, 2017, 12:21:10 PM

Cool

From #6 at the definition of religion in Dictionary.com:
something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience:
to make a religion of fighting prejudice.

This means that whatever you believe in is religion for you, be it God, or be it science. It also shows that people can't get away from religion in their lives.

Cool
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
May 25, 2017, 12:13:46 PM

Cool

legendary
May 25, 2017, 11:50:39 AM

Cool
Activity: 364
May 25, 2017, 11:44:48 AM
Yes... Anyway I think that things like God and Religion can be separated. For example, I believe in God but not via religion. Just by my own world vision. Why not?  Smiley
Interesting, so how would you explain what is, or who is God to you, and your understanding? Because i also think that teachings of religion needs to be, let say updated Cheesy . I am Orthodox christian and most of things that i reed in books of my religion was almost right, but outdated. But there are other things that i do not like about religion as we know, and that is corruption and greed...

Religions were created many years ago, and now so much has changed that there are not enough rules for these new technologies. Therefore, religion will have to be updated and will keep pace with the times or disappear.
Activity: 108
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 25, 2017, 11:05:22 AM
More and more i come across people who say that they do not believe in God and religion teachings. Atheistic population is starting to get bigger and bigger. Does this mean that it is time for religion to die, or maybe it is time to evolve in something else? Maybe Buddhism is becoming worlds religion, or maybe it will be some mixture of Europe religions and Buddhism? I am interested what do you guys think, what are your views on matter and what do you think will happen in future? Will there be no religion, or maybe some kind of other teaching?
It is not actually dying but rather it is being overpowered by the technology nowadays. This technology that seek for explanation of every existence that makes people to become less faithful on what they are believing. Well we cant deny there are lot of things that technology help us from entertainment up to business. Anyways according to Aristotle religion is just a common group of people and we still have our own decision and uniqueness that should not be affected by our religion
Activity: 243
Blockchain with solar energy
May 25, 2017, 06:13:52 AM
Yes... Anyway I think that things like God and Religion can be separated. For example, I believe in God but not via religion. Just by my own world vision. Why not?  Smiley
Interesting, so how would you explain what is, or who is God to you, and your understanding? Because i also think that teachings of religion needs to be, let say updated Cheesy . I am Orthodox christian and most of things that i reed in books of my religion was almost right, but outdated. But there are other things that i do not like about religion as we know, and that is corruption and greed...

Yes, religion and belief in God in the modern world can differ in views and should develop like everything else.
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 25, 2017, 06:10:30 AM
Activity: 390
Merit: 279
May 25, 2017, 04:17:32 AM
i hope so, we have to eradicate it Cheesy
Activity: 186
May 25, 2017, 03:53:23 AM
I think in urban areas it is. They are already exposed to certain knowledges and with all these series and films? Many are ongoing on about chaning minds. In the rural areas i guess there a lot religions people because it is a small town and tradition are still preserved for the the inhabitants.

In rural areas, there may be more religion, but they will soon not attach much importance to it, because people already realize that all life is in their hands.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Dijual
May 25, 2017, 03:49:21 AM
I think in urban areas it is. They are already exposed to certain knowledges and with all these series and films? Many are ongoing on about chaning minds. In the rural areas i guess there a lot religions people because it is a small town and tradition are still preserved for the the inhabitants.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
May 24, 2017, 09:39:53 PM
Activity: 560
Merit: 257
May 14, 2017, 02:30:07 PM
I think you really can't blame people if sometimes they're losing faith in what they initially believe in. I mean, you just have to look around. All these hatred, scandals, abuses coming from top religious people. Sometimes people have to think first before blindly following a faith that they've been so accustomed to following. It won't hurt to observe if what you're following is right or wrong already
Too much bad things had been done, and most of it was as you said by fanatics from every religion. It saddens me to see so much hate in people, hate that happen between different religion, just because they think there religion demanded that. Blind following had bring people only misery. Religion have good side too, but for that you must not follow it blindly.
legendary
May 14, 2017, 10:10:26 AM
I think you really can't blame people if sometimes they're losing faith in what they initially believe in. I mean, you just have to look around. All these hatred, scandals, abuses coming from top religious people. Sometimes people have to think first before blindly following a faith that they've been so accustomed to following. It won't hurt to observe if what you're following is right or wrong already

Yet, when people lose faith, they are really only changing faith. People are religious beings. They CAN'T live without religion in one form or another, even if it is only the incidental things codes and morals that they live by in their lives.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: