Pages:
Author

Topic: Is running a faucet still profitable? - page 2. (Read 1921 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 13, 2015, 05:20:26 PM
If you use a basic script like 99% of the sites then no. Too many faucets has been dried up without even paying a single satoshi.
A unique design and custom made script with some neat features would give users more trust and thus attract advertisers.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
December 13, 2015, 03:41:45 PM
I've been running a faucet for sometime. Yes it can be profitable but you have to be very careful managing how much you give out and your expenses.  To put it short My faucet expenses per month usually run about $1,500 that's buying coins hosting ect. Most of the time the ad revenue covers this expense and leaves a little extra. Sometimes it does not I had 4 months this year where it was in the red. I've never paid for advertising or even created a banner getting traffic to a faucet to me was not difficult but it could be for new sites.  If you are going to run one do it right have a top level domain don't break your publisher terms of service because that's the easiest way of dropping any revenue from your faucet. Rewards have to be high enough to keep users interested but low enough to cover those few who spam the faucet all day every day.  I personally wrote a script that checks the bitcoin & altcoin prices to adjust with my set daily budget. Prior to that I was manually adjusting which required me to check in on the site 6 hours or so. I wouldn't suggest running only 1 coin as you will only get X amount of hits and most of them will be repeat traffic (not worth as much for must publishing networks). Stay away from popups they can be enticing because they usually offer a pretty high cpm but you end up losing your viewers.  Finally you have to be prepared for low CPM countries such as Russia, Ukraine, and Brazil being the main source of traffic.  Try to make the site easy enough for these countries either by directly translating or keeping the layout simple so they can easily navigate.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Young but I'm not that bold
December 13, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
It can be profitable . but the compitation with older faucets will be so hard.
You will have to offer high rewards to attract visitors and and a good refferal percent to encourage people to promote for your faucet
Activity: 112
December 13, 2015, 03:42:40 AM
Yes OP it can still be profitable, if you join high-paying ad networks such as adsense to your site and get listed in alot of good rotators such as ifaucet to generate alot of traffic, it also helps if a healthy amount of your visitors are from teir 1 countries such as USA, Canada and the UK

tarsua you may have a little more informations about ? where to register ? Where you can get a cool faucet theme? and some stuff like that Smiley
That would be really great to hear about Smiley Thank you so far

regards
DavieT1337
Activity: 266
December 12, 2015, 08:29:44 AM
Yes OP it can still be profitable, if you join high-paying ad networks such as adsense to your site and get listed in alot of good rotators such as ifaucet to generate alot of traffic, it also helps if a healthy amount of your visitors are from teir 1 countries such as USA, Canada and the UK
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
December 12, 2015, 08:21:22 AM
you wont be going rich with a faucetbox faucet unless you invest btc in advertising or sell ebooks such bitcoinaliens.
Activity: 410
December 12, 2015, 05:07:59 AM
Why are people still running them then? Smiley

for the same reason why there are someone that is still solving captcha with faucet, or simply because they think that someone will fall for some malicious banner

they could be affiliated with those banner
If we exclude the scamming faucet's then there are a lot amount newbies who are not known to bitcoin making/building strategies and are happy to collect them from faucets. Bitcoin's popularity in increasing day by day the good/reputed faucets never lose their views as they get replaced by the new one's.
It might be profitable if done and maintained properly.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 12, 2015, 05:02:11 AM

for the same reason why there are someone that is still solving captcha with faucet, or simply because they think that someone will fall for some malicious banner

they could be affiliated with those banner
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
December 11, 2015, 11:24:21 PM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 11, 2015, 10:58:07 PM
it will be profitable ,if not there wont be any faucet .give away will be limited
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1175
December 11, 2015, 10:47:37 PM
I am also interested in this, hopefuly someone experienced will answer.

I was thinking about making some online game in which you can win some satoshis each day (for rank or whatever)

Well this is what I would like to see, some nice game where u can earn bitcoins, some ranks and many more things that one game needs to have. When u make something like that, or even start to make pleas inform me I would like to play it and be involved in something like that.

I believe that faucets are here to stay, people will use it for sure. I dont have experience in making faucet, but for sure I have experience in claiming rewards from many of them. I can say that with nice site, and by that I mean good reward, not so offensive commercials, nice interface, other games, some important news... i believe people will come to see, u need to have something that will make people wish to stay and come back over and over again.

I wish u luck with this project, when u make it inform us here and I will gladly come and check your site. Regards.
Activity: 112
December 11, 2015, 10:34:08 PM
Iam also interested in doing facuet sites. i heard that there are free faucet tempakltes out there and you just have to install the api from the faucetbox to use the faucet.
Then you have to load on some satoshi to get it going and opromote it..
Hm,m profits i dont know but would it be nice to have a gool Game within so that people also can try to reinvest there claimed amount to gain higher profits Smiley)

Would be great to hear about your pimnions Wink

regards
DavieT1337
Activity: 196
December 11, 2015, 10:31:04 PM
If you dont have anything to offer for your clickers other giving dust amounts then consider your faucet to lose money.
legendary
Activity: 1092
December 11, 2015, 10:15:13 PM
There are lots of faucets nowadays. Actually you can profit from a faucet but you need to do some different things to attract users.

Who ever coming to faucets to make some coins are only interested in solving capacha and move on to next faucet to earn money coins so they are not worried about the site owner profit and lose. So if any one want to make some profit from these faucets than you should come up with some additional activities on your sites which attracts visitors to keep on your site for long time than one can make surely some good profits otherwise mostly no. So try to keep the visitors on you're site more time for more profits. Smiley
Activity: 387
December 11, 2015, 08:42:51 PM
Yes if you get free hosting and free domain name(such as .tk, .cf etc.)

Then you have nothing to lose.
Activity: 150
Oh boy!
December 11, 2015, 08:41:59 PM
There are lots of faucets nowadays. Actually you can profit from a faucet but you need to do some different things to attract users.

So just like with any other "online money making" method - you gotta add your own twist
Activity: 266
December 11, 2015, 03:33:47 PM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
December 11, 2015, 02:54:00 PM
the famous question.
i think that with highest price faucet is do not profitable. i am provide one faucet with great daily traffic, and adsense earnings, but after all now the bitcoin i invested in faucet, now have equal value with adsense earnings on this time.
The good thing is now i have domain with ~100000 Alexa rank, and I collected a lot of referral. One faucet I gathered enough ref. earnings for own "life".
BOTs are serious problem for faucet. First, make fake traffic and it negatively affects for google adsense RPM, plus drying up balance
legendary
Activity: 1764
December 11, 2015, 03:51:41 AM
It's not a question of profitable or not. can you monetize your faucet (blog, website w/e) to make an income? < is the right question in my mind Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
December 11, 2015, 02:42:50 AM
It is possible to be profitable, but considering that there are thousands of faucets out there, and many of them are ultimately gone, it would be difficult to be profitable.

To profit, you would need good advertising networks, most favorable google adsense, as they pay the most, but you should not rely 100% of them. Next would be advertising the faucet itself, getting people to know it. Traffic is one of the main problems of faucets, so if you can get good traffic, go ahead. Smiley

You can start off and try, and here's a tip, make your faucet unique, implement some special stuff, like events and bonuses if you want users to return!
Pages:
Jump to: