Pages:
Author

Topic: Is sacrificing privacy data important? - page 3. (Read 832 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 11
November 25, 2018, 05:20:44 PM
Privacy is very important thing that it should not be sacrifice in exchange of airdrops which in the end will cost nothing. Learn to value your privacy as it is very valuable thing.
Activity: 244
Merit: 10
Official Street Team member
November 25, 2018, 12:12:43 PM
The sum of airdrop token of per person was $25. It's ridiculous that some people had sent their true identity for a couple of bucks. I rather avoid it and never reveal my identity for those. My identity can be safe to me only.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 254
United Crowd
November 25, 2018, 12:01:04 PM
however sacrificing our privacy cannot be justified
but as we know sometimes we need it to do an agreement as an example like we create a bank account that requires our privacy data, the point is we are certainly allowed to sacrifice privacy if it is really given to the place and people who certainly have treaty law
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
November 25, 2018, 11:52:16 AM
I would never verify or go through the stupid KYC system just because receiving the airdrop. I do have the feeling of saving my identity from some unknown people. How can I be ensured that they will not compromise my data? KYC is anti crypto.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
November 25, 2018, 11:47:35 AM
If it is a reliable project like stellar , then no problem for verifying your identity with your documents but if a fraudulent ico ,then it is not worthy to disclose your identity since your identity might end up in a black market.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
November 25, 2018, 11:01:47 AM
If the airdrop is a popular token and if you think it is worth it to pass ypur KYC, then join the airdrop. One of the reasons why some airdrop requires KYC is for them to verify that participants are not spamming registration.
Activity: 1444
Merit: 156
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 25, 2018, 10:58:02 AM
Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.
I think it is not necessary at all, if we try keep our privacy from other people. Here in crypto industry, we can't avoid to keep it secret because most ICO's, bounties, airdrops requires KYC verification  to be eligible for the tokens. There are also times, that we need to pass verification in the exchange platforms and we can't fake it because it requires valid IDs.

Yes, you're right. But, what if a company at the ICO will abuse your privacy for their benefit? I am sure you will not agree if your privacy is used by them for their personal interests
Activity: 161
Merit: 1
November 25, 2018, 10:09:11 AM
it's true what you say, but if participants feel it is very difficult to have it, I think sometimes it's just lying reasons so they don't distribute it
Activity: 258
November 25, 2018, 09:36:56 AM
Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.

The security of personal data is of course very important. However, today's technology and internet use has ceased to be personal data. There are many websites that now have access to personal data. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

Some people who know computer usage and coding can easily get a lot of personal data.
Activity: 560
November 25, 2018, 09:33:26 AM
Most of the airdrops are either shit coins or scams. Its better you protect your identity than to sacrifice it for some good for nothing coins which can ruin your life one day
Activity: 1344
Merit: 270
November 25, 2018, 09:15:40 AM

I think you can distinguish, which are useful and which are not useful. so you can make your choice especially on the airdrop project that asks for KCY, so you can ignore it and look for something better or that doesn't require verification.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 25, 2018, 07:59:46 AM
Just HOLD
Activity: 9
November 25, 2018, 07:45:14 AM
When need to start buying?
Activity: 14
November 25, 2018, 07:30:11 AM
I think that now it makes no sense to invest in altcoins
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
November 25, 2018, 06:37:34 AM
is the sacrifice of the most insecure information important? For me it does not matter because it can hide the information and can ignore it too.
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
November 25, 2018, 06:13:47 AM
I think it is not necessary at all, if we try keep our privacy from other people. Here in crypto industry, we can't avoid to keep it secret because most ICO's, bounties, airdrops requires KYC verification  to be eligible for the tokens. There are also times, that we need to pass verification in the exchange platforms and we can't fake it because it requires valid IDs.
Activity: 308
November 25, 2018, 05:48:40 AM
To give someone your personal data or not for $ 10-50 you decide. As for me this is a very stupid act. No one knows what negative effect this will have on you in the future.
Activity: 379
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
November 25, 2018, 04:18:17 AM
If it can provide us with valuable tokens, then I am willing to provide them with some data, but if their tokens are not yet on the market or are still in the ICO stage, then I will not give them any data!
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 25, 2018, 04:15:34 AM
       KYC is important for bounty companies to prevent campaigners from participating in the SCAM. It would be very good a kind of KYC made by companies to join the forum, maybe so there would be many SCAM projects.
       Stay calm, nothing happens to you, you are doing a KYC in a campaign where this is required.
Activity: 504
Merit: 14
Miracle Tele
November 25, 2018, 03:12:31 AM
        In airdrop campaigns, projects require KYC to prevent SPAM. It is a very good measure and I agree with that. Airdrop offers tokens to make more popular projects and to win potential investors. Through KYC, you will not expose your personal life, but you are just the name and the place where you stand. You have nothing to fear, no one comes to break your house now that he knows where you live. It's just a measure against SPAM.
Pages:
Jump to: