Pages:
Author

Topic: Is sacrificing privacy data important? - page 4. (Read 832 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 25, 2018, 02:28:02 AM
We need a new Ethereum
Activity: 994
Merit: 100
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
November 25, 2018, 02:07:39 AM
Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.
yes, you should not have to sacrifice any privacy to get distribution tokens for free, maybe the results are not much and the results are not comparable at the expense of your identity. I think keeping identity is more important and doesn't have to be sacrificed for free tokens.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
November 24, 2018, 12:44:57 PM
Well as far as airdrops are concerned i dont think any airdrop campaign asks for kyc or private data but stellar seems to be an exception usually some icos require kyc for investments due to their country regulators.
Activity: 434
Merit: 246
November 24, 2018, 11:02:40 AM
The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens.
I wonder what was the amount of airdropped tokens per participant? If it was as in the case of many other typical airdrops, the participants were effectively selling their private information for a couple of bucks. Not a very clever thing to do.

Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.
Agreed. I can't say that I will never give up my privacy, but I will say this: it would definitely have to be a substantial reward to do that. Otherwise it's just lame.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
November 24, 2018, 10:59:28 AM
KYC is a joke, especially when they ask for it for a bounty or airdrop.
If KYC is asked for these, they either have ulterior motives or don't know the basics of what even Know Your Customer is all about.
Both are huge red flags that you are dealing with an unprofessional company.

In the case of the XLM airdrop, it isn't acutally stellar themselves that are doing it.
It's just another media ploy to create hype around a project.
the fact that they are asking for KYC makes me suspect that they are also datamining.

The crazy thing about kyc is, is that it is actually crazy unreliable.
I decided to test the system out one time and applied to an ICO whitelist using a fake passport picture I got off of the internet.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
November 24, 2018, 10:49:10 AM
It's still up to the people who are participating on these KYC airdrops, some of them do not understand the underlying risk and they just want to partake of these new coins hoping that it will hit the market, they will just go on until they finally realize that it's useless and not worthy at all.
Activity: 566
Merit: 113
November 24, 2018, 10:33:23 AM
Just Hodl, friends

Hold what ? it has nothing to do with Hold or not to hold. It is all about KYC and your privacy.

Yes, it is certainly bad that they require kyc and video confirmation. But if it hadn’t been there, there would have been many multi-accounts against the fight against them. I hope they keep confidential in safety or can be deleted after verification. Stellar promising coin hope it is worth it.

They won't delete it because they will use it as kind of way to promote their project, i believe they will send you a message or an email about something new with their project in the future. Because i have seen something like that before, and more likely they will do the same thing.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
November 24, 2018, 10:26:13 AM
Any privacy will be beneficial for a certain circle of people, if we are talking about private property, then of course it is very necessary, then what's the point of reaching and achieving something?
November 24, 2018, 10:23:09 AM
Just Hodl, friends
November 24, 2018, 10:12:03 AM
When need to start buying?
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
November 24, 2018, 09:24:28 AM
Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data. Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form. The total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token. These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.
When i saw your topic, the first question that came to my mind was:; what is there to sacrifice about kyc?
Your privacy, most especially your personal data is more precious than anything. It is more important than the peanut you are expecting to receive from any airdrop. Even if it is bounty, you need to be careful. The same is also applicable to investing in ICO, because it might be a scam.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
November 24, 2018, 09:13:26 AM
Yes, it is certainly bad that they require kyc and video confirmation. But if it hadn’t been there, there would have been many multi-accounts against the fight against them. I hope they keep confidential in safety or can be deleted after verification. Stellar promising coin hope it is worth it.
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
November 24, 2018, 09:04:15 AM
Indeed, basically the use of Kyc is to reduce multiple accounts and aim well, but there must be a negative side too, we do not know the security of the personal data that we provide and can be misused by irresponsible people. , it's better to maintain the security of our privacy.
Activity: 798
Merit: 38
November 23, 2018, 04:17:54 PM
We must be very careful when giving out personal data, because there is every tendency for it to be used for ulterior motives. Know who you give your personal data to.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
November 23, 2018, 10:39:21 AM

Airdrop is a free token given by a company just to make them popular or just to introduce the project and the team were really need a KYC as proof that the token or coins was given to a particular person and I think there's no problem if it is a legitimate company , but if you don't want to share your private data ,then it is better not to join .
Activity: 1444
Merit: 156
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 23, 2018, 10:03:46 AM
Many Airdrop programs often appear to distribute their free tokens, but the project asks airdrop participants to verify their data.

Recently, Stellar also made the Airdrop program by providing USD 125 million in XLM form, the total tokens shared are approximately 1.5 billion tokens. The token is indeed distributed free, but the user must verify his identity to be able to get the token.

These free tokens are pretty much hunted. Unfortunately, there are still many who do not understand that privacy is quite important and must be maintained.
Pages:
Jump to: