Pages:
Author

Topic: Is spectrecoin a scam? - page 2. (Read 1300 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014
January 16, 2018, 02:52:24 PM
XMR has best privacy, for now

Soon Spectre will have default private wallets, so it will be on par with XMR

HOWEVER (and I wonder how people cannot see this) Spectre uses staking (via Tor), not Proof of Work

It is much, much, much easier for an evil entity to outlaw or tax POW mining, than OBFS4/TOR routed staking. AFAIK they are working on staking via mobile devices too. NO hardware that needs to be shipped, consumes electricity, generates heat....NO mining pools that can be attacked. Nothing, just encrypted connections to other peers!

If you read scary news such as China mining ban, lovely Munchkin calling BTC wallets "Swiss number accounts" that need to be destroyed, and other crap like that, it is a miracle that Spectre is so much cheaper than XMR.  Shocked

Of course XMR is more mature. But is that a reason for a 100 fold price difference?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
January 16, 2018, 02:29:41 PM
At first glance it looks like generalizethis is trolling, but if you look at the bigger picture, it appears generalizethis is actually participating in the shills as there is now a poll concluding that spectre is not a scam and another highly visible spectre thread.

Or perhaps I'm just pointing out that the devs have yet to prove how they are going to build anonymous staking. I've pointed out dubious claims before and have had to deal with armies of noobs (sock puppets), so nothing new in that regard.

By your logic, Every car manufacturer that has claimed that they will set the bar higher than other manufacturers, Needs to release the complete technical white paper on said vehicle, Down to the drag coefficients, Type of bearings used, effective suspension geometry, Drive train specs... etc.

Did you call tesla a scam when they said they were going to release a car that didnt use petrol as the energy source? Would it have been in tesla's best interest to release every specification on their ground breaking platform before they released it? No, Because the competitors that are MUCH more well funded could have used that template and implemented it prior to tesla ever having a working product.

Simply just trying to use an analogous situation so that you can wrap your head around what is going on here. Doesnt seem like its that complicated, But it may just be a simple case of inflated ego/ignorance going on here.

Regardless, Dont spread misinformation unless you have tangible proof that said coin is in fact a scam.

If a car manufacturer promises a moonmobile that is powered by unicorn farts, yes, I would expect some explanation and I would call scam if they have no basis for making such a claim.

Want to shut me up, post how anonymous staking works, you don't even have to explain it in detail, just a rough sketch. Right now it's a claim and nada--not even a dev identification to base an opinion on prior work.

good god, even the lead developer tried to reason with you and went into detail why they aren't releasing this information at this time.

let it go.

I keep responding to you guy(s), though I'm sure some of the noob accounts are sock puppets. So maybe you should let it go.

Anyone using the "trade secrets" argument should acknowledge that if you don't want to be called out for not showing how you prove your claim, then don't make the claim in the first place.

Take the claim down and I won't bother scrutinizing it.

But I'm sure you wont as that's the only interesting thing the coin has so no one will invest in it without the hope that a coin in the 200 rankings has a feature that could put it in the top 20.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 02:22:21 PM
At first glance it looks like generalizethis is trolling, but if you look at the bigger picture, it appears generalizethis is actually participating in the shills as there is now a poll concluding that spectre is not a scam and another highly visible spectre thread.

Or perhaps I'm just pointing out that the devs have yet to prove how they are going to build anonymous staking. I've pointed out dubious claims before and have had to deal with armies of noobs (sock puppets), so nothing new in that regard.

By your logic, Every car manufacturer that has claimed that they will set the bar higher than other manufacturers, Needs to release the complete technical white paper on said vehicle, Down to the drag coefficients, Type of bearings used, effective suspension geometry, Drive train specs... etc.

Did you call tesla a scam when they said they were going to release a car that didnt use petrol as the energy source? Would it have been in tesla's best interest to release every specification on their ground breaking platform before they released it? No, Because the competitors that are MUCH more well funded could have used that template and implemented it prior to tesla ever having a working product.

Simply just trying to use an analogous situation so that you can wrap your head around what is going on here. Doesnt seem like its that complicated, But it may just be a simple case of inflated ego/ignorance going on here.

Regardless, Dont spread misinformation unless you have tangible proof that said coin is in fact a scam.

If a car manufacturer promises a moonmobile that is powered by unicorn farts, yes, I would expect some explanation and I would call scam if they have no basis for making such a claim.

Want to shut me up, post how anonymous staking works, you don't even have to explain it in detail, just a rough sketch. Right now it's a claim and nada--not even a dev identification to base an opinion on prior work.

good god, even the lead developer tried to reason with you and went into detail why they aren't releasing this information at this time.

let it go.
legendary
January 16, 2018, 01:56:51 PM

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
January 16, 2018, 01:55:20 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this poster.

Just trying to look at it from his perspective, But if you do everything in the world becomes a scam.. hahah.
Activity: 18
January 16, 2018, 01:44:41 PM
Wow again some XMR Kids getting mad and spreading untrue FUD...
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
January 16, 2018, 01:37:32 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this poster.
Activity: 520
Merit: 123
January 16, 2018, 01:36:10 PM
Spectrecoin claims to have it will have anonymous staking, but no one has yet to explain how it achieves this miracle. I'm calling BS until someone can explain it.

Its pretty bad how after a heated argument we had yesterday you go about creating this unbacked scam accusation thread having to edit the one sentence you come up with. This sentence was a false claim. I actually read all of the papers in your signature, your behaviour does not reflect that of your claimed beliefs, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread. All you believe in is that your Monero does not have any competition for your own benefit of wealth. Let the public interpret your reputation.
Activity: 83
January 16, 2018, 01:30:14 PM

legendary
January 16, 2018, 11:08:30 AM

Activity: 6
January 16, 2018, 11:02:18 AM
legendary
January 16, 2018, 10:46:59 AM
SpectroCoin is definitely NOT a scam.
I'm using them for a couple of years, they are very well spread in Europe, you can find them on QIWI terminals which are present almost in any mini market.

No idea if you are right, but spectrocoin is not spectrecoin.

Activity: 196
January 16, 2018, 10:40:56 AM
I can't really say if it's a scam or not but I will definitively stay away from it. Why?

Well, firstly I find it very suspicious that so many people here (often with a very low activity, new accounts) shill it so hard. I read it everywhere. Take any thread, you'll find Spectrecoin in it. Now you might say this is a good thing. Not for me, it only makes me personally very suspicious. I'm pretty sure that some people get paid to promote this coin. And even create new accounts for that.
2.: I don't buy any coins or tokens where I can't find the team on the website within seconds. And actually you find nothing about the team at all on the website.
3.: Another privacy coin? Really? Don't we already have thousands of them? Who will ever use them? No one I guess.
4.: It kind of reminds me of TRX, XRB, XRP and XVG. Which for me isn't a good thing. I think a lot of new people who don't have that much experience in crypto buy it.

Until now most of my investments were rock-solid and I won't change that. So if Spectrecoin flies to the moon, congrats to all the people on board. I'll gladly pass and watch it take off from earth then.

There is a reason behind it. Nobody gets paid as nobody has the budget to pay. The dev team took over the project has zero premined coins. They only get coins from donations from staking. No budget to pay marketing, so the community behind it is trying to raise awareness.

I checked you post, and you seem to be promoting your hodlings in every thread (- IOTA - Lisk- Neo- Sonm- Shift- Nebulas- Stratis- DragonChain) - by your logic, does this mean they are scam and you are paid to do it?

No. Those are in my opinion very solid projects with a future because of a possible real life adoption. Also those projects have great visions, great teams (or even foundations) and are very transparent/communicative. That's why I recommend them. I wouldn't give any advice if I thought people might lose money with it.
But if you suspect me of doing so, I'm fine with that. Everybody is free to have her or his own opinion.

As for the shilling: Of course there's money for that for Spectrecoin. Only thing you have to do is to sell some coins. And as you said, there are donations.
You don't even have to sell. Payment could as well be the coin itself.

But I surely encourage everyone to make up his own mind and decide then (based on facts). Because after all I could be completely wrong. I just depicted my own opinion.

@NeverSop: I never said it was a scam. Read again please. I said I just can't know it.

I don't suspect you of anything. There is too much noise in crypto, so it's never clear who is real and who is fake.

I was just pointing out that you believe in some projects because of some possible real life adoption, so for you they are good. But there are people who will have their doubts about these projects, just like you have doubts about xspec. Just because someone else doesn't believe in what you believe, it doesn't automatically make it scam.

So would you please show me where exactly I wrote it was scam. Thank you. I specificly wrote I can't say if it is or if it is not. I just don't know. Then I depicted my concerns.
Activity: 23
January 16, 2018, 10:34:36 AM
I can't really say if it's a scam or not but I will definitively stay away from it. Why?

Well, firstly I find it very suspicious that so many people here (often with a very low activity, new accounts) shill it so hard. I read it everywhere. Take any thread, you'll find Spectrecoin in it. Now you might say this is a good thing. Not for me, it only makes me personally very suspicious. I'm pretty sure that some people get paid to promote this coin. And even create new accounts for that.
2.: I don't buy any coins or tokens where I can't find the team on the website within seconds. And actually you find nothing about the team at all on the website.
3.: Another privacy coin? Really? Don't we already have thousands of them? Who will ever use them? No one I guess.
4.: It kind of reminds me of TRX, XRB, XRP and XVG. Which for me isn't a good thing. I think a lot of new people who don't have that much experience in crypto buy it.

Until now most of my investments were rock-solid and I won't change that. So if Spectrecoin flies to the moon, congrats to all the people on board. I'll gladly pass and watch it take off from earth then.

There is a reason behind it. Nobody gets paid as nobody has the budget to pay. The dev team took over the project has zero premined coins. They only get coins from donations from staking. No budget to pay marketing, so the community behind it is trying to raise awareness.

I checked you post, and you seem to be promoting your hodlings in every thread (- IOTA - Lisk- Neo- Sonm- Shift- Nebulas- Stratis- DragonChain) - by your logic, does this mean they are scam and you are paid to do it?

No. Those are in my opinion very solid projects with a future because of a possible real life adoption. Also those projects have great visions, great teams (or even foundations) and are very transparent/communicative. That's why I recommend them. I wouldn't give any advice if I thought people might lose money with it.
But if you suspect me of doing so, I'm fine with that. Everybody is free to have her or his own opinion.

As for the shilling: Of course there's money for that for Spectrecoin. Only thing you have to do is to sell some coins. And as you said, there are donations.

But I surely encourage everyone to make up his own mind and decide then (based on facts). Because after all I could be completely wrong. I just depicted my own opinion.

@NeverSop: I never said it was a scam. Read again please. I said I just can't know it.

I don't suspect you of anything. There is too much noise in crypto, so it's never clear who is real and who is fake.

I was just pointing out that you believe in some projects because of some possible real life adoption, so for you they are good. But there are people who will have their doubts about these projects, just like you have doubts about xspec. Just because someone else doesn't believe in what you believe, it doesn't automatically make it scam.
January 16, 2018, 10:06:06 AM

Activity: 518
Merit: 11
HODL
January 16, 2018, 09:58:33 AM

I do not think Spectrecoin is a scam because it is growing quite well in the market. I do not understand what you get and say that Spectrecoin is a scam. I hope you have a better view of new projects, do not put too much pressure on them. I think the Spectrecoin team will have a way to promote their coin during this time.
legendary
January 16, 2018, 09:38:04 AM
jbg,

there is no point arguing with this paid Monero troll generalizethis.

The paid trolls must be losing their minds over losing their income due to the market meltdown. He has no arguments other than offending the members of the XSPEC community, which grows by the hour.

Please keep up the good work and ignore the paid whores
 Wink

I'm a paid troll now? Good god you guys are desperate for a narrative.

Here's a narrative:

Spectrecoin Devs claim to have solved anonymous staking
I ask for proof and get told the dev will explain,
dev won't explain how it works.

You can try to label me--whatever--but at the end of the day you have a major claim and no math to back up that claim, it's vaporware. And if the devs know they can't build it, it's a scam.

Think of it this way, you are getting a reduced price on a world changing technology if the devs pull it off. Too bad you'll have to wait a few months to see if you are getting swindled or not.
January 16, 2018, 09:31:19 AM

January 16, 2018, 09:10:53 AM

January 16, 2018, 08:56:35 AM
As for spectrecoin's other features, who cares? That is not what the thread is asking--though I wonder how any coin calls itself private and has a richlist. See "RICH LIST" "LARGEST WALLETS" https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/
Also all addresses are visible in a truly privacy Monero, and these addresses can be sorted by making a rich list, only it will not give you anything in Monero or Sepctrecoin: https://moneroexplorer.com/tx/84ea5936b2864709fe21ece3be8cb683d356f1f83cb5851ecbd4ee104012c583
stealth address: b5ada231ffb6e1a83430e038847e91e6d734d6bc58287b4e693f12823732f947
amount: 5.532506139280 XMR
Do you really do not know how stealth addresses work? You can not relate (Monero or Spectrecoin) stealth-addresses in the wallet and addresses in the block-explorer, learn at least something about it, you look like this dude who saw the addresses and the amount of money in the Monero-block-explorer and believes that Monero is not a privacy cryptocurrency: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/70v9d7/if_monero_is_private_then_what_is_this_someone/

Is Monero mentioned in the OP? Thanks for trying to get offtopic.

Relax dood, maybe after the market completely melts down, you will be able to find a job as real companion, not as a paid Monero troll.

Don't lose your mind over your lost kopeiki!
Pages:
Jump to: