Pages:
Author

Topic: Is spectrecoin a scam? - page 4. (Read 1300 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 05:25:06 AM
How can it be a scam? A scam means that the devs plan on taking off with the money or that the entire project is just air. It's clearly a real project. Perhaps there's doubt, legitimate or not, about whether they can deliver 100% on their plans. But that's pretty far away from it being a scam.

If they say they have a solution for anonymous staking and they don't, it's a scam.

By using your logic, if you say that they don't have a solution but they do, you are a scam!

Do you have the proof that they don't have a solution? If not, you shouldn't be accusing anyone. Everybody can make their own choice whether to believe them or not.

The fact that that they don't have any of the premined coins as they took over this project and only rely on donations from staking already distinguishes the project from aĺl the other scam going on here. If they wanted to cheat, they could.have created a new ICO, take the profit and run.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
January 16, 2018, 05:16:28 AM
I don't believe that's a scam. I am actually planning to invest in, but not so sure if the market will keep going down or not.
Activity: 23
January 16, 2018, 05:05:26 AM
ROFL @ the shitcoin guy who started this thread.

Someone trying to pump their own scam shitcoins by attempting to discredit others.

XSPEC has the best community out there in this pump and dump world - never use shady marketing practices to discredit the competition. They let the technology speak for itself instead of paynig marketing scammers.

Once stealth staking is out in Q2, it will be pretty much game over for the other privacy coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
January 16, 2018, 04:58:30 AM
For me I don't think it's a scam. Has been running a product for years now and has a crypto wallet that is decent. There is this big ICO Bankera that currently running their raising millions of dollars.
Have their own credit cards too. I had my reservations and doubts too, but have to give some credits, even if for Bankera alone.
Activity: 8
January 16, 2018, 03:36:13 AM
Spectrecoin is not a scam. Stealth staking is achievable with the OBFS4 feature.
The wallet has proven that it works fine.
Activity: 2
January 16, 2018, 03:23:09 AM
Definitely is not a scam. It’s a great coin focus in privacy. Great team behind and greats and large community.
Activity: 40
January 16, 2018, 03:19:51 AM
It seems there are many "kids" out there investing into some coin and suddenly that is the best coin in the world and all the other coins are shit. Well I guess that is the human nature. There are lot of great coins out there with amazing tech and developers and I don't understand what is the reason for this "shittalk". If XSPEC successfully implements stealth staking based on their roadmap, it would be huge and I would consider it to be best privacy coin out there. Great project, definitely not a scam. Let's see if they can keep up with their plans.
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
OPQ
January 16, 2018, 03:14:29 AM
We don't know, it's a gamble coin. High profit high lose. Don't complain about it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 22
January 16, 2018, 03:02:44 AM
I think it is sad to see so much fud going around these days. Instead of appreciating that privacy coins are in high demand, people are busy trash talking the others. A bunch of internet warriors is what you are. I hold quite a few XSPEC, DeepOnion, Monero, Zero etc., and I don't see any reason why they can't co-exist as they have different pro's and con's.
Activity: 115
January 16, 2018, 02:29:18 AM
The coin seems solid so far, the one thing i dont like abut it is there is no proper team info about it on the site, i hate coins were you dont know is developing it. It always helps to have face. Wile it may have worked for bit coin it was a new tech then now when there is so many alts right left and centre it helps to have a face.
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
January 16, 2018, 02:23:40 AM
Spectrecoin claims to have anonymous staking, but no one has yet to explain how it achieves this miracle. I'm calling BS until someone can explain it.

I am not a tech expert so i have no idea how the infrastructure layer works but being a pass member of the spectrecoin community.

I would say that they are not scam, the community is healthy and it is not a PnD coins. Although i've sold all my spectrecoins previously to fund something else, i am still confident that spectrecoin could be something good there

Devs developed and gives update time by time, if its a scam, there's no reason for them to keep developed and entertain the user because they could just ignore and leave Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 103
January 16, 2018, 02:16:58 AM
Anyone realized that this coin is being always shilled in this forum? I dont know why, a lot of people are saying that the dev's are paying people to post threads in here or just talk good and positive stuff about their project. It is not a legit project.
Activity: 342
Merit: 4
LUCRETOKEN.COM
January 16, 2018, 02:08:39 AM
definitely not. I've never read about spectrecoin and the result of this coin is not a scam. Thus I see this coin is one of the coins is a pretty good future potential.
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
January 16, 2018, 01:40:28 AM
Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is a top privacy coin with  amazing tech and strong dev team. No scam
Activity: 60
Merit: 2
January 15, 2018, 06:44:34 PM
I actually sold my XSPEC +-0 as there are too many get-rich-fast-kiddys spamming every thread in the forum which also seems to affect the coins reputation.
I think it has potential and maybe it will rise but yeah... And no, I don't think it's scam - however it would be interesting if this spammers are paid or if they're doing it on their own.

You sold just because there are kids running on forum? Smiley))) sorry, but this is ridiculous Smiley If people acted like that then nobody would have TRON coins anymore Smiley

Nobody would buy not one ICO...

People are free to talk whether we like it or no... it's a free world (except China and North Korea Tongue) ... we are here to invest and if such kids influence people and make them invest into coins they haven't investigated (whitepaper, linkedin profiles, GIT, ...) then they deserve to loose money:)
Activity: 27
January 15, 2018, 06:35:39 PM
And no, I don't think it's scam - however it would be interesting if this spammers are paid or if they're doing it on their own.

I know I can't prove this, so there's probably no point in saying it - but we don't have a cent for marketing. The two developers we have (Bryce and I) are funded entirely by community donations, which don't amount to a lot at the moment, and we're not big holders of XSPEC. After funding the two of us there's nothing left to spend on marketing. And honestly, even if we had money for marketing, it wouldn't be given to people to shill here. I hate that kind of thing.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
January 15, 2018, 06:06:06 PM
No, you shouldn't advertise it until there is something to validate the claim. Right now, it's your word and a claim--that's about as sketchy as it gets.

As a project, we just put something on our roadmap that we're working on. That's the extent of the "advertising" that we've done. (Please don't confuse random community members shilling on bitcointalk with something controlled or condoned by the project.)

I think Gandalf86 put it quite well as to why we didn't simultaneously publish the full details of how it works when we listed it on our roadmap. To put things in perspective, we have many orders of magnitude less funding than Monero. If we publish the solution to a problem that everyone is interested in, we're almost certainly not going to be the first to successfully implement it in our currency.

Well, you have eyes on you now, as the shills wanted, so people will trust you on your word or not--not much you can do about it now.

This may be hindsight is 20/20, but making such a huge claim, you should have expected this kind of attention. And it seems naive on your part to believe shills wouldn't run with the story in an effort to pump their investment.
Activity: 27
January 15, 2018, 06:05:53 PM
I also think it's trivial to write a sonnet, but that doesn't mean it's easy for most people. The main user here likely knows how to run TOR or I2p already. Or are you arguing that that is the one piece of OPSEC the casual user can't get right? I was arguing that TX data is the more important (and harder to achieve) of the two.

Even if they run Tor and I2P perfectly, their traffic is still going over exit nodes unless the currency they're using supports advertising .onion (/I2P equiv) peers. Very few do. Bitcoin actually does, but there are vanishingly few such peers advertised, which obviously brings its own problems.

Anyway, not sure why you are locked-in on that when the topic was created to address your claim that you've figured out how to do anonymous staking.

Not locked-in on anything. Was just addressing the misconception that you were (and still seem to be) repeating.

What other projects have you worked on and do you have contact info?

Sorry, I prefer to let results speak for themselves. Check back in a few months for that Smiley
legendary
January 15, 2018, 06:02:42 PM
How can it be a scam? A scam means that the devs plan on taking off with the money or that the entire project is just air. It's clearly a real project. Perhaps there's doubt, legitimate or not, about whether they can deliver 100% on their plans. But that's pretty far away from it being a scam.

If they say they have a solution for anonymous staking and they don't, it's a scam.
legendary
January 15, 2018, 06:01:11 PM
It's trivial to use TOR or I2p with most cryptocurrencies, so baking it in is not needed--I believe Monero is waiting for Kovri because of some concern with network security. Apparently baking-in TOR or I2p has an effect on Monero's network security that Kovri doesn't have--you will have to pm one of the Monero devs for an in-depth answer.

This is a really common misconception, but it's not true. It is not trivial to just use Tor/I2P with any cryptocurrency, if you care at all about your privacy and security. If you're not using onion addresses (or the I2P equivalent) then your traffic is traveling unencrypted across exit nodes, who can view and even censor your transactions. It's well known that some of these exit nodes are operated by governments with an interest in doing exactly that sort of thing.

The integration of Tor or I2P with a cryptocurrency requires thought and care, which is no doubt exactly why Monero is pursuing Kovri, and is also why Spectre integrates Tor and uses only onion addresses, rather than just pointing the SOCKS proxy at Tor like people suggest you can just do with any cryptocurrency.

I also think it's trivial to write a sonnet, but that doesn't mean it's easy for most people. The main user here likely knows how to run TOR or I2p already. Or are you arguing that that is the one piece of OPSEC the casual user can't get right? I was arguing that TX data is the more important (and harder to achieve) of the two.

Anyway, not sure why you are locked-in on that when the topic was created to address your claim that you've figured out how to do anonymous staking.

What other projects have you worked on and do you have contact info?
Pages:
Jump to: