Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Staking Coins a Good Idea? - page 3. (Read 2055 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 102
October 02, 2021, 02:53:36 PM
Actually, I heard about Staking the coins gives apy. I want to know is really a staking good idea & what will be the staking months like 1 month, six months or 1 year.
The future of staking coins is much better. The future of Swastik Coin is fairly good and the team has an idea to think of something huge in the future. You can invest by buying staking coins and doing staking Can keep. Staking will give you some extra bonuses. I like staking because all these coins are not likely to be destroyed.
Activity: 879
Merit: 10
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
October 02, 2021, 01:51:23 PM
Staking is not a bad ideas, it only depends on where you are staking. There are lots of platforms where you can do that ranging from different blockchain technology to another. But I'm very familiar with two of it, where are the Binance and the staking platform on The Futbol App. Which is the holder of TFC coin. They offer one of the best rewards on your stakes. Something around 10% for just staking any amount for just 10 months. This all still depends on how much you are willing to stake, but you must be sure that you are putting your coin in a secure place
Activity: 227
Merit: 24
October 02, 2021, 01:18:13 PM
I prefer staking stable coins through popular exchanges like binance for example, this erase zero risks due to volatility unlike other coins and tokens, I heard that staking coins through DeFI platforms is better because they can immediately withdraw their staked coins and sell, if this is true then it's better
copper member
Activity: 226
Merit: 1
RangersProtocol.com
October 02, 2021, 12:22:52 PM
Actually, I heard about Staking the coins gives apy. I want to know is really a staking good idea & what will be the staking months like 1 month, six months or 1 year.
Betting is a good idea but you must be aware of all the risks. When you bet and you have to try to bet on the platform will not lock your token and already given your reward. there are projects that stake quite high % and it gives passive profit by weekly monthly or maybe yearly and we don't need to do anything just load in and wait, but it is also very risky if the project is not well developed you may lose all all money.
copper member
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
October 02, 2021, 11:45:44 AM
Coin staking is a good idea if:
- You know what coin is good - in the sense that it will have a good price for the future.
- The right place for staking
Activity: 152
Merit: 1
October 02, 2021, 08:30:37 AM

Now more and more people are investing money in cryptocurrency, which means that it will be more and more difficult to stop it or ban it. Now there are a lot of DeFi in the gaming industry, which will attract even more attention to cryptocurrencies. Here is an article about gaming and DeFi https://cinemadraft.medium.com/introducing-cd3d-the-official-defi-game-token-of-cinemadraft-cb5d3f191338

NFT in games give an opportunity to earn money in the game to almost anyone. Especially those who spend a long time in the game have a lot of chances to earn

If there are good games with NFT, it will greatly increase the popularity of NFT. Although now the prices for NFT continue to grow and their popularity is growing along with the prices.
Activity: 191
Merit: 0
October 01, 2021, 03:26:26 PM
One of the main benefits to crypto staking is that it eliminates the constant need to purchase expensive hardware and reduces energy consumption. The system provides a guaranteed profit and a predictable source of income, the value of the coins you bet on does not depreciate like using ASICs and other mining hardware, can only be affected affected by fluctuations in the current market price. Choosing the right currency to bet is both a game of numbers and a sense of courage. If you choose to start betting, start researching about minimum amounts, wagering rewards and specific wagering methods. Always remember to choose a project that resonates with you and one that you look forward to going far into the future. After all, by placing a bet, you are helping to make that project a reality.

It all depends on the project itself and on the sphere in which the project works. Now the blockchain can be used in various fields, including for the safety of personal data. Here you can read more how it is important to protect personal data https://blog.inery.io/index.php/2021/09/28/introduction-to-inerydb/
Activity: 333
Merit: 105
www.cd3d.app
October 01, 2021, 02:32:51 PM
If the stacking platforms were such that you can withdraw your coins without penalty if you want, it would be the best.
You can place bets where there is no need to block your coins for a long time. And if necessary, you can remove them without any problems. The percentage will be slightly lower, but something needs to be sacrificed.
Staking and betting are both completely different thing. But it could be a good suggestion for OP.  Because there is no need to lock your coins here, so there is no fear of price dump.
Activity: 181
Merit: 14
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 01, 2021, 01:49:05 PM
For me the answer is no because to make good money from staking you need to stake large portion of your coins or tokens which requires thousands of dollars in value, it's way better to buy graphic cards and build mining rigs to make good money every 24hrs, a gtx1660 super costs 400$+ and it gives you 2$ per day, in months you get your money back and keep making free money nonstop after
Activity: 1274
October 01, 2021, 01:25:05 PM

I personally don't like staking.  Because here your asset will be locked for a long time. You can't use your asset even if you need to. And the longer you stack, the more interest you will get.

You can place bets where there is no need to block your coins for a long time. And if necessary, you can remove them without any problems. The percentage will be slightly lower, but something needs to be sacrificed.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
October 01, 2021, 12:31:22 PM
It is good that DeFi is being used in new areas that already have many users and are popular. This will more popularize cryptocurrencies and attract many new users to the DeFi market.
But there are also a lot of defi projects that are not really targeting what it use to be.
Everyone has to be careful with those defi projects and if they just want to earn passively, you can choose to have staking coins and just do it on your own without depositing it to any platform.

You need to work carefully in choosing what defi project to invest your money, just like what you say there are also defi which is not performing and investing to that will only lead you to lose your investment, carefully analyze and then assess if you are targetting the right one, before you proceed make sure that you are done with acknoledging all the information that you need in order to react and adjust if there's a need for you to do so.
It is a must that every investor has to take their time knowing if the project they've invested are worth it. Defi projects and staking too should be looked upon depending on the risk that you can take.
It all sums up with the chosen defi or coin that you're investing because not really all of them are legit.

It ends with how informed you are with the project that you are supporting and placing your investment.

The more you understand the better chance that you'll be able to earn,
either staking or investing to any potential assets.

Staking is for those who can hold for much longer, investors who are aiming
for higher return of investment, this is another extra earnings while waiting
for your supported asset to pump high.
Activity: 658
Merit: 103
October 01, 2021, 12:05:22 PM
Yeah why not. It gives you the benefits of holding for price hikes and rewards you by it. The APY however isn't that high compared to providing liquidity but still you have the edge of not having a permanent loss. Aside from that, projects like SOVRYN even gives you the opportunity to earn airdrops by your staking with almost 2% supply worth of every project that is launching to their platform added by your staking APY which is 30% liquid SOV. Other projects like GOMT also gives you the opportunity to steak your hydra when you bought GOMT using hydra. Your hydra payment will also be staked and by the end of the year, you will be rewarded by GOMT. How cool is that.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
October 01, 2021, 11:49:48 AM
One of the main benefits to crypto staking is that it eliminates the constant need to purchase expensive hardware and reduces energy consumption. The system provides a guaranteed profit and a predictable source of income, the value of the coins you bet on does not depreciate like using ASICs and other mining hardware, can only be affected affected by fluctuations in the current market price. Choosing the right currency to bet is both a game of numbers and a sense of courage. If you choose to start betting, start researching about minimum amounts, wagering rewards and specific wagering methods. Always remember to choose a project that resonates with you and one that you look forward to going far into the future. After all, by placing a bet, you are helping to make that project a reality.
copper member
Activity: 1316
Merit: 715
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 01, 2021, 11:16:02 AM
normally APY is calculated as a percentage of the number of stack coins for a certain period of time. however, stacking coins will be better for players who like to hold coins for a long time, if in the short term the percentage of APY obtained will be small and if there is a bullish market trend it will be a pressure for yourself because the stacked coins cannot be withdrawn

Well said. I think APR is more relevant than APY if you are willing to make passive income from staking/farming on DEFI platform. There are many planforms like Pancakseswap where you can stake/unstake coins whenever you like. DEFI is a great idea specially for REtired people who need regular income to run their day to day needs. This sector has attracted huge investment since it was launched.
Activity: 840
Merit: 4
September 30, 2021, 02:01:13 PM
Staking is a good investment option. And like any investment option especially in or off DeFi, there is a risk. Staking involves putting your token or money on a platform and getting an Annual Percentage of Rate or Yield(which is compounded). You get steady payment. But the problem is the platform can be scammy and pull a rug on you. Also the token price can take a dump and you would get almost nothing by the time you are ready to leave. I have been burnt before, not once but twice
Activity: 938
Merit: 105
September 30, 2021, 07:41:54 AM
Staking is a good idea because if you plan to keep your currency for a long time, it is a good idea to stake because you can get passive income from it. Staking, in my opinion, is also safe, as you will not lose money (as long as the price of the coin you are staking does not fall), and the longer the time period you choose for staking, the higher the APY you will receive, as APY is dependent on the time period you choose for staking.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
September 30, 2021, 06:37:51 AM
The benefit of staking is that you earn more crypto, and interest rates .Rewards and Extra Income Staking is a important way to diversify assets and reduce transaction fees on the blockchain. It is a good for long term. Staking is actually good for long term.
I think you have forgotten about the bear market of crypto currency. All the staking are not good to generate profit. If the price of your desire coin fall down in huge amount then what will be the condition? Your staking rewards won't be able to cover this loses. In my opinion, it's better to analyze more before stake a coin.

Well, on the one hand you are right. In a bear market the staking rewards will not cover the losses you get from the price dump, however, if you are convinced that the bear market is only temporary (which it has always been for most coins), then such bear markets are the phase where you can make the most profits, especially if you save all your rewards through staking for 1-2 years and wait until the bull market starts again. Then the value of your original investment will multiply.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 267
September 29, 2021, 01:48:19 PM
The benefit of staking is that you earn more crypto, and interest rates .Rewards and Extra Income Staking is a important way to diversify assets and reduce transaction fees on the blockchain. It is a good for long term. Staking is actually good for long term.
I think you have forgotten about the bear market of crypto currency. All the staking are not good to generate profit. If the price of your desire coin fall down in huge amount then what will be the condition? Your staking rewards won't be able to cover this loses. In my opinion, it's better to analyze more before stake a coin.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
September 29, 2021, 01:44:13 PM
How does the staking reduces the transaction fee?

Staking an altcoin is highly risky investment idea and not really worth the returns since the price of a coin can dump 20% in a day but while staking you can earn maximum upto 6% per annum.
Activity: 183
Chainjoes.com
September 29, 2021, 01:18:45 PM
Pages:
Jump to: