Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the economy situation in your country that bad? - page 59. (Read 39626 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 0
The economy's doing alright in my country but it's sad to see what's going on in neighboring countries.  I just seen a clip on the BBC where crowds of people were standing outside of their exchanges with bricks and bricks of worthless bills in Venezuela.  That is so sad....people crying and yelling but nothing they could do!  I remember when the same thing happened in Zimbabwe....there they used their fiat to fuel their fires because that's all it was worth.   When it happens, it happens fast and hard!

It is alright here, but the local currency lost 20% in the last 6 months.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
It seems there are bad news all around with doom and gloom. Trade figures going down, jobs cuts, security situation not going well, and bad loans.

Is the economy situation in your country that dismal? Or this is just some fear mongering?

That is for real. Here in my country, so many people get jobs cuts becouse the dollar prise is rise against my country fiat. The corporation did it becouse they need to import loot from out of state that usualy use dollar as payment. May be this condition is happen in venezuela too. The people make demand to convert their bolivar into bitcoin to safe their wealth. Use paper money is not safe as people said.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1017
The economy's doing alright in my country but it's sad to see what's going on in neighboring countries.  I just seen a clip on the BBC where crowds of people were standing outside of their exchanges with bricks and bricks of worthless bills in Venezuela.  That is so sad....people crying and yelling but nothing they could do!  I remember when the same thing happened in Zimbabwe....there they used their fiat to fuel their fires because that's all it was worth.   When it happens, it happens fast and hard!
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
Yes,this scenario happens in my country too. The government is practically selling the country valuable properties at cheap prices just to get the leaders even richer. There is much corruption and of course the jobs problem is a real problem. Ordinary people are getting poorer and poorer and the country has tens of billions of euros in debt. But I think many countries face this problem not just Romania. That's sad but there is still hope as there is a minority of smart,young people who can make the difference if they don't get caught in the same traps.  Wink
Corrupt governments sell everything they have and even what they don't have, if they could they would sell their citizens as well and smart people will most likely try to leave the country if they have the chance.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Yes,this scenario happens in my country too. The government is practically selling the country valuable properties at cheap prices just to get the leaders even richer. There is much corruption and of course the jobs problem is a real problem. Ordinary people are getting poorer and poorer and the country has tens of billions of euros in debt. But I think many countries face this problem not just Romania. That's sad but there is still hope as there is a minority of smart,young people who can make the difference if they don't get caught in the same traps.  Wink

That happened in may countries.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
Over here, its more than bad and it has never been this bad even during the global recession, it was not this bad but hopefully things will take a better shape because things have really gone haywire with inflation going the roof coupled with no meaningful development and to cap it all, it seems our government is just there waiting for a magic wand to fix things.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
In our country there are two kinds of situation. The economy at large as per records is doing good as investments and other business grew. But economy in details, Im referring to the masses is worst, only the few elites are enjoying this economic boost. I cannot blame the rich since they work hard for it, but hoping that the government can make way for the common people to feel the economic growth.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I think our economic situation is not bad, but it is not good.This year the real estate and financial sector contribution to the economy reached a record high, I think our economy has excessive real estate excessive financial risk.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
The countries are divided into the exploited countries and exploiter countries. I live in the first type of country - Poland and im quite happy to see the exploiter countries would get closer to the way of life we live here.

You cant imagine how bad live can get but its great that you will see how bad it can be. Greeks are saying how terribly economicly opressed they are, after the crisis, when they just came close to the standard of living of my country. Im happy to see your thieving economies would join our club of the exploited.

So to answer the op question - No its not that worse here as its have been, as Ive explained above why. And in huge parts of the world people are asking the same question. What crisis?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Fuck yea..
My country has a average salary of 350$..Yeap.
It's really fucked up.My teachers earn a maximum of 400$ like wtf??I earn more than that on the internet lol  Grin
Activity: 238
I felt like that, national economic growth below 5 percent, unemployment of 20%, and inflation of more than 7%. Sometimes it makes me frustrated, but I have to think realistically that should be able to survive.
Activity: 140
Not yet but if Trump pushes through with his campaign promises it will definitely hurt the economy here given that a lot of jobs are from outsourcing services from the US so if they decided to leave and go back to america then unemployment will skyrocket and the economy will suffer a lot considering this industry is worth 10% of GDP.
Activity: 806
Merit: 503
The econimic situation here in my country is not that bad...  Since we have our new President, things seemingly new and rising again...
Things changed good in order for many people will eat well and live well... Thus, its good to know that our economy situation is good and doing well...
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I have two "home countries". The place where I currently are is a upper-middle-income country with serious inflation problems, but it has such a low population density and such a productive agricultural sector that I think it will do reasonably well even if the rest of the world goes down in an economic crisis.

My other home country is a high-income European country whose economy is doing very well (it's often called the "exportation world champion"), but with some drawbacks: a growing inequality and because of this fact also a growing percentage of the population which lives in "poverty" (although it's not comparable with poverty in emerging and developing nations).

Both countries could benefit from international cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin: The first one, because it would constitute a kind of "barrier" for bad governance as the government would have to try to _really_ keep the country's currency stable to avoid capital flight into cryptocurrencies. The second one, because of its many international connections (enterprise world, immigrants, tourism) who benefit from a borderless currency and could further boost the country's economy.

So yes, many countries have problems and Bitcoin is a possible solution, but I think that it's still no time to panic and Bitcoin won't dominate the world in the next years.
Activity: 168
Thank God that my house is not a chaos in Syria, or what some African countries. It is difficult with the economic situation, but it is still possible to live. It is very hard things is with energy.
Activity: 179
i think that economy situation is very bad in most of world countries, including mine

That looks right now after reading the comments in this thread, because people from every corner of the world are saying that the economic situation of their country is bad right now, so probably there are a lot of economic problems in the world right now.

Because perhaps all of us are expecting that the government would help us making our lives better and that's not what we feel right now.. we always think that the officials are corrupt that's why the progress in the country is not really good especially for those poor people.
It is the well-being of the population of a country shows the quality of the work of the government and the financial and economic condition of the country. So the poverty level or even its presence speaks volumes.
Activity: 632
Merit: 250
I do not know what to call my situation in my country. Unless the dollar rose in price three times in the last two years. But the level of people's wages have not changed. Thus it turns out that someone simply profit from financial fraud.
Activity: 150
yep our economy in my country is very bad because we're trading our own minerals for low price because we are on the thrid world country and living here was so disappointing. if ican live in states i would prefer to live in england or singapore where theres a lot of opportunity and good economy. but im still hoping that my country could get out on thirdworld country
Perhaps there is no country today where you can safely say that the situation is positive or at least stable. Of course that first of all the difficulties feel ordinary people, who live on one salary. IMF dictates and the authorities agree. As a result, everything is bad.
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
yep our economy in my country is very bad because we're trading our own minerals for low price because we are on the thrid world country and living here was so disappointing. if ican live in states i would prefer to live in england or singapore where theres a lot of opportunity and good economy. but im still hoping that my country could get out on thirdworld country
Pages:
Jump to: