Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the hardware wallet useful? - page 2. (Read 433 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 8
February 18, 2018, 07:42:22 PM
I know there is a hardware wallet, but are they trustable?
There must be pros and cons, but in general, would you recommend them?
and pls tell me the reasons why !?

The hardware wallet like the ledger nano is a must buy for any crypto investor. Your private key will never leave the hardware wallet so you don't have to worry about it being compromised. And if you ever drop the hardware wallet in the swimming pool by accident, don't worry. When you set it up, you will get recovery phrases that you write down so you can open your wallet if your wallet ever gets damaged. I know they average around $100 which seems pretty expensive but the purchase is worth it.

Only leave coins on exchanges if you day trade but never leave them there long term because exchanges can be hacked and you can lose all your coins.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
February 18, 2018, 07:32:30 PM
Well, I think that Hardware wallets are much safer, and as already mentioned earlier the only way to lose your funds is mechanical damage to the device. But I do not know the options for hacking such a tool so far
Activity: 264
Merit: 100
TV TWO - Connect your TV to ETH Blockchain
February 18, 2018, 03:32:36 PM
Definately useful!
If you want to save a bag of coins in a wallet then hardware wallet is the best choice. Though it is costlier it is highly recommend to use an hardware wallet for long term holdings. It is highly secured but doesn't mean it is unhackable. So careful while using it and read all the instructions and risks before storing.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
February 18, 2018, 03:28:10 PM
All wallets are useful and safe but the safety of your coins inside the wallet is in your hands. So hardware wallet is inclusive. You must guard  your wallet particulars jealously so that no unauthorized hand will reach it.
Activity: 238
February 18, 2018, 03:27:48 PM
Hard wallet is very safe. You should definitely buy such a wallet, do not regret money.
Activity: 196
February 18, 2018, 03:22:17 PM
Of course,hardwallets are the most secured storage for your coins epecially for your bitcoins,i have been using these hardwallets for years and i dont encoutner any attacks from the hacker because of its security features,and its built in private keys so you wont be required to put your keys before transacting to any wallet,it is very worthy from a very affordable price.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
February 18, 2018, 03:11:35 PM
Of course it is useful because it is the safest place to hold your bitcoins,i dont really believe to these web wallets or app wallets that are claiming to be the most secured because they are very prone to these hackers,theres no safe system and everything is hackable,every single hardwallet that is connected to the internet,that is why hardwallet storage would be the ideal storage for most of our precious coins.

I see ! thanks for sharing your opinion!
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
February 18, 2018, 02:24:44 PM
To me, a hardware wallet have more pros than cons. The security is good and you don’t have to worry about exposing your private keys in the browsers. The only bad thing is you have to bring your hardware wallet with you to access your funds.
February 18, 2018, 02:15:23 PM
Hardware wallets are useful and reliable they are also well secured because no one can set an eye on hardware wallet private key. Without getting hold of hardware wallet and pin no fund can be sent from hardware wallet.

That is really cool ! thx!
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Looking for gigs
February 18, 2018, 02:13:59 PM
My friend has his own Ledger Nano S. He says that prefer this over the hardware wallet. I know that hardware wallet is highly secured. It's just that in case your computer will be infected by a malware, virus or accidentally getting wet or something like that and may not recover anymore, it would be hard for you to transfer all of your cryptocurrencies to an online digital wallet.

The Ledger Nano S is something you can carry and attach to any PC or laptop you want. Just my own opinion.
Activity: 242
CRYPTASSIST.io
February 18, 2018, 02:10:09 PM
I never used but I think that yes it will be useful to those who have large funds on their wallets. Although there are free options for safe storage of funds
Activity: 182
February 18, 2018, 02:08:15 PM
Of course it is useful because it is the safest place to hold your bitcoins,i dont really believe to these web wallets or app wallets that are claiming to be the most secured because they are very prone to these hackers,theres no safe system and everything is hackable,every single hardwallet that is connected to the internet,that is why hardwallet storage would be the ideal storage for most of our precious coins.
February 18, 2018, 02:01:23 PM
Hardwallets are the most secured storage today,because its security is unbreakable well as of today but who knows when will these hackers crack these storages,what i have liked with these wallets it allows me to transact directly using the wallet and you dont need to put your private keys before you will able to transact because it has built in private keys,and the best part of having these wallets if you lost your wallet or it was stolen you can easily use the recovery seed so you can restore your wallet from the new hardware.

I see ! so you highly recommend it
Activity: 672
Merit: 140
February 18, 2018, 01:33:27 PM
It all depends of amount tokens you got. And how you use online wallet. If you are safe, don´t click strange links, always open you wallet from favorites link and other security issues, and don´t have a lot there. I would suggest to use just online wallet. If you holding big amounts, or want to be really safe - hardware wallet definitely will be best option. Cons - you need to pay for that, other at the moment I can´t see (just some last issues with Ledger nano..)
Activity: 308
Merit: 156
February 18, 2018, 01:24:47 PM

Hardware wallets store private keys and nobody can't get access to them including the owner. Owner can only sign messages by clicking confirm button. So you can use such kind of wallets even at another people's laptops without any worry. I have Ledger Nano S and I like it. The only thing don't like is the lack of NEM wallet...
Activity: 448
Merit: 37
February 18, 2018, 01:22:12 PM
Hardware wallets is one of the best solutions to keep your funds in safe . In most cases , using of hardware wallet gives you 99% safety of your funds . Of course , it costs money , but I think security is worth it . But note , that you should buy it only at manufacturer official store . Forget about ebay , or you much likely will loss funds .
Activity: 75
Merit: 2
February 18, 2018, 01:18:53 PM
I really don't understand most posts here. The Ledger Nano S is the most secure way to store your coins in at least a remotely convenient manner. Period. No further discussion.

You get a 12 word recovery see. So even if you lose your hardware wallet. You still can recover it from scratch. Your wallet breaks? You can recover it. Your wallet explodes due to ungodly amounts of "mooning"? You can recover it. Just make sure to buy it directly from Ledger.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
February 18, 2018, 01:14:00 PM

if you want to secure huge pile of coins then it is recommended to have one. it is safer than using the online wallet the only risk you have their is if the hardware are corrupted.
Activity: 210
WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling
February 18, 2018, 01:09:33 PM
Hardwallet is very secured,for years i have been using ledger and trezor wallet without any problems,the only thing that could make it unsafe is you,if you have given your private keys to the hackers the hardwallets cannot protect your coins,but if you are aware on how to properly use the hardwallet you wont have any problems using these storage.
Activity: 280
Araw ICO
February 18, 2018, 01:05:07 PM
Yes it is definitely safer than just using online wallets.But there are examples of losing money when using these wallets.Therefore, no one will give you a 100% guarantee of preserving your funds
Pages:
Jump to: