Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the large variety of Altcoins hurting the market? - page 2. (Read 16976 times)

Activity: 303
Merit: 10
  You could make the argument that if all of the capital in crypto only had to be spread across 50 coins that that would make each of those coins extremely more valuable.  In light of that thought, is the huge variety of Altcoins ultimately a good or bad thing for crypto? 
Not necessarily friend, because we will not be able to guess that under the top 50 scattered altcoins will probably touch the top 10 because nowadays many people and developers are flocking to make coins for the future to be the next bitcoin competitor. it is not impossible, but it requires hard work and a great community to make it happen
Activity: 483
terra-credit.com
Rather, such a huge variety of projects in the first place hits the pockets of investors who have invested their money in projects that eventually turned into garbage.

a lot of projects are like that, very unfortunate even though from the beginning it has looked good with its development, but the results are very disappointing. because it ends scam and will not produce anything. that makes investors sometimes lazy with new projects and choosing on assets that have been registered in exchange.
Activity: 52
Merit: 1
  You could make the argument that if all of the capital in crypto only had to be spread across 50 coins that that would make each of those coins extremely more valuable.  In light of that thought, is the huge variety of Altcoins ultimately a good or bad thing for crypto? 

Actually I think that things would not change so much, because currently the top 20 of the market occupies 90% of the marketcap, and the remaining 2,118 cryptos are taking that small slice of 10%. So if we proportionally distribute that capital between the top-20, the increase in price would be just 10%, something very small compared to the large pumps that can be observed frequently in this volatile market.
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
It has positive and negative sides. It is good to have big competition among different projects
and ideas and let the market decide which one will survive. On the negative side it is quite
difficult to  filter out the high potential ones.
Activity: 518
Merit: 4
Yes and no. Which means positively and negatively, altcoins has been the ones who makes the whole crypto game make sense and believe that people really invest in altcoins than bitcoin, although the numbers increases every day and it changes the market values.
Activity: 471
A large number of coins only complicates the choice. In general, this is quite a positive phenomenon for the market, because it is an indicator that crypto is developing and expanding its spheres of influence.
not a bad thing in my opinion, increasing the market really helped develop Crypto so that it could be better.
make a choice so we definitely choose Altcoin which is really good, although many are good so choose a choice, the most important won't be dangerous.
Altcoin will help the market become more popular with the increase in Altcoin.
Activity: 572
A large number of coins only complicates the choice. In general, this is quite a positive phenomenon for the market, because it is an indicator that crypto is developing and expanding its spheres of influence.
Activity: 854
Merit: 250
Rather, such a huge variety of projects in the first place hits the pockets of investors who have invested their money in projects that eventually turned into garbage.

Activity: 485
Merit: 12
$WPP $HyFi https://hyfi-corp.com/
It is making hard time for investors to select from so many projects and it make some confusion. On the other hand competition is healthy and let the market decide which idea and project will prosper.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274

I've heard about that, basically, I hope there should be a contest on the crypto assets in the market, that all the unfavorable and not competent coins should be eliminated in order to congest the market price and market capitalization only to those that can make the world benefit on cryptocurrency.
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
About 80% of Altcoin has no liquidity, no exchanges from traders. But most Altcoin is listed on CMC and not removed. And still, get value statistics, so I think the market-wide value listed on CMC is fake numbers. We should evaluate the true value policy and remove shitcoin. Do not judge all Altcoin is negatively affecting Crypto.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
I think it will be bad, but there will still be survivors and consistent, with more variety the market will not be able to keep up so that there will be a lot of crypto being eliminated because it's very important for us to be careful in investing and because I am people who are less experienced then when I have to invest in existing coins, I will only choose top coins like bitcoin or ethereum
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
I also think are too much altcoins and some of them affect the price, but i think this happen not this year but much more last years when people buy that coins with bitcoin and other sell them.
with a lot of altcoins, I think it definitely affects the market because altcoin is divided into 2, namely altcoin is developing and not developing so there will definitely be a cycle of losses and profits and that makes the market go up and down.
moreover if many people suffer losses it will make investors down and that can make the market go down.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

In my opinion, the huge variety of altcoin is good for crypto because people have bigger chance to make money although many of the altcoins are only pump and dumps of the price. With that number, I think people can learn to analyze each coin and find the profitable coin so they can buy and sell the coin. I don't think that the coins were a shitcoin or not, as long as I can use the coin for making a profit then that coin is one the good coin for me.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
I also think are too much altcoins and some of them affect the price, but i think this happen not this year but much more last years when people buy that coins with bitcoin and other sell them.
Activity: 602
I guess the large quantities of altcoins is what makes crypto looks bad in general ,I hope there will be a way that many of these altcoins will be dealt with, many of them have no reason of existing and yet many are buying them
There are a lot of unnecessary coins on the cryptocurrency market.  The fact is that it is necessary to analyze the advantages of each altcoin, and then it will be possible to speak with confidence about the prospects of such coins.  Profit from the Altcoins trade is one thing, but the demand for these Altcoins in society and their practical use are completely different.
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
I guess the large quantities of altcoins is what makes crypto looks bad in general ,I hope there will be a way that many of these altcoins will be dealt with, many of them have no reason of existing and yet many are buying them
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
A huge number of altcoins, most of them were almost dead coins, has definitely affect the confidence of investors. There were investors in the past who were hit by losses, scams, and frauds. Aside from investment side, the usefulness of the coins is also in question. How realiable these altcoins are. Imagine that even bitcoin hasn't been supported all thoughout the years.
Activity: 172
Merit: 1
I don't think there's any altcoin out there that has what it takes to exert negative influence on the the overall market. The only altcoin that can do that to some extent is Ethereum and it will only affect its token. Only Bitcoin can have either positive or negative impact on the overall market.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
A large variety of Altcoins cannot hurt the market cap of cryptocurrencies in my opinion. Having a variety of choices for investing is better than having to shortlist of possibly invested coins.
Pages:
Jump to: