Pages:
Author

Topic: IS THE LIGHTNING NETWORK UP AND RUNNING - page 2. (Read 346 times)

legendary
Activity: 3402
Merit: 5004
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
April 29, 2019, 07:41:48 AM
This is just my personal opinion, but i'd answer your question as: Yes, the lightning network is up and running

1) the clients are becoming reasonable... As a gui client i use Eclair mobile, and eventough it has a learning curve, it's reasonable (at least, that's my opinion)
2) you are referring to the fee you have to pay for the on-chain transaction used for opening and closing transactions... Yes, this fee can be more than a "regular" on-chain transaction, since a lot of "regular" wallets allow you to cheap out on fees (they have an "economy" setting  that actually underestimates the needed fee... While most lightning network wallets usually seem to pay the optimal fee without leaving you the option to cheap out). However, once a channel has been openened, the fees are really small (at least, they've been small for all the payments i made).

The lightning network is still in an early stage, and it'll never be as safe as an on-chain transaction... But at the moment i consider is usable, the learning curve seems reasonable to me, there are a couple of reasonably good wallets,...
Activity: 980
Merit: 114
April 29, 2019, 07:30:59 AM
That is right lightening network is not user friendly because of it high technicalities which have to be followed before establishing a transaction on the network and secondly despite the fact that it transactions fees a low you need to spend extre money to set up the lightening network channel before you are able to send and receive found.
Activity: 893
Merit: 43
Random coins :)
April 29, 2019, 07:24:00 AM
The lightning network has been something that has been considered to be the solution to some of the problems bitcoin has faced in the past , and is said to be the possible lasting solution for BTCs future use.

But my question is the lightning network up and running?

I have seen some services already using LN and I am fortunate to kind of use it  Roll Eyes...and honestly am not convinced that this is it, Why???
  • First, LN products like their wallets aren't user friendly IMO,example mobile wallets aren't easy to use like what we used too, i think you need some technical knowledge to use

• Secondly, I feel we are just being charged more for the so called LN transaction which ordinary bitcoin transactions could do when a high TX fee is paid.

Is LN really UP AND RUNNING Huh
Pages:
Jump to: