Pages:
Author

Topic: Is the world really waiting for a global decentralized money? - page 7. (Read 1809 times)

Activity: 295
Merit: 1
Is the world really waiting for a global decentralized money?

nope. most people don't care about decentralized money because the systemic risks of counterparty risk in finance haven't affected them. if depositor bail-ins start becoming more commonplace, or if there is a serious economic collapse from fractional reserve and rehypothecation practices by banks, i would expect that to change.

people tend not to understand risks until it's too late and the damage is already done. Undecided

Maybe you are right about the existence of people who tend not to understand the risks. But I disagree if you say If many people don't care about decentralized currencies because I think everyone in the world looks forward to it and I think in the next few years, currencies around the world will be decentralized.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
maybe some people wait for that, but they are more concerned with profits than the status of a globalized currency, they don't care about it because it won't bring big changes, the most important thing is how they profit

From the investment standpoint, you are definitely right since profit gaining is much more important for investors than any thing else.
Activity: 439
Merit: 10
I believe that the world is not yet ready to use decentralized money. So far, they are of interest only to people who are associated with crypto. The rest do without them. It is necessary that some time has passed and perhaps in the future people will cant imagine their lives without cryptocurrency.
Activity: 569
Merit: 250
maybe some people wait for that, but they are more concerned with profits than the status of a globalized currency, they don't care about it because it won't bring big changes, the most important thing is how they profit
Activity: 502
Merit: 118
Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.
I don't think that the world is waiting for a decentralized currency, because many people are still accustomed into using hard cash for their daily needs. If they're able to transact without any issues, then they won't care much about decentralization. Central Banks have been performing as intended, securing people's money without any risks (since funds are insured by the government like the US FDIC). For people to care about a global decentralized money, something very badly needs to happen where governments take extreme measures to control one's transactions.

But, that's far from happening soon (if it ever does), as people rely more on Cash and Credit Cards (which are centralized) than decentralized solutions such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. These cryptocurrencies are already a global decentralized money accessible by anyone, but most people seem to ignore them due to their many risks such as volatility and hacks. Therefore, until decentralized cryptocurrencies become perfectioned, I don't see any reason why the world would wait for a global decentralized money, since centralized currencies are already performing as intended without issues. Smiley
Activity: 467
Merit: 100
People in the cryptocurrency ecosystem has read and understood how cryptocurrencies are and how it works with its decentralized nature and I think they are all waiting for a global decentralized money.
The vast majority of comments indicate that not people are ready to use a decentralized money globally nor regulators.
However, the main message of the question concerns about willingness rather readiness.
I think the world is not ready to use cryptocurrency as a global currency, cryptocurrency are too unstable and the government is also unable to legalize cryptocurrency.

As time goes by, we will see good and also surprising events.
Activity: 362
I think the world is not ready to use cryptocurrency as a global currency, cryptocurrency are too unstable and the government is also unable to legalize cryptocurrency.
That's not true when all smartphones jump into blockchain. The domination will begin it will be widely accepted. The government is legalizing cryptocurrency in different countries and regions. And thry don't have plan to stop it nor promote cryptos as payments of goods a d services.
Activity: 322
The part of the world that has already had the happiness to get acquainted with all the pros and cons of the decentralized currency bitcoin is undoubtedly waiting for its full global adoption. And I belong to these people. This technology is indeed very promising and will bring great benefits to the developing world.
Activity: 283
Unfortunately, a lot of people in the world still have no idea what a decentralized currency is and what benefits it can bring us. Therefore, not everyone is waiting for the full implementation of bitcoin as a means of payment. Alas.

copper member
Activity: 275
Merit: 1
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1279
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

No the world is not waiting for anything like it, the average person doesn't really care if it's decentralised or not, all he cares is that it's money with which he can buy food, house and clothes. While people have the herd mentality effect in which one person follows another that might introduce them to bitcoins, slowly when they realise it's power and benefits they may actually adopt it, but as of now no one really cares for it.
A lot of people who is open minded would see the opportunity of being part of the Bitcoin community knowing that they have the curiosity about it. But when a skeptic person starts to see that, they will only be thinking of the contrary part on it.

What I worry most is the part where the uneducated people start to know about it and be affected because I think they won't be able to comprehend Quickly or easily. It's not also like they would be able to get the technology needed. I think there is a need to stop and think about helping the ones who have no knowledge or capacity to get educated.
Activity: 434
The beauty and benefit of a single global decentralized currency is understood only by those who have already become familiar with Biotin. This is really going to be a very cool event for the world. But when that full acceptance happens is a mystery.
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

No the world is not waiting for anything like it, the average person doesn't really care if it's decentralised or not, all he cares is that it's money with which he can buy food, house and clothes. While people have the herd mentality effect in which one person follows another that might introduce them to bitcoins, slowly when they realise it's power and benefits they may actually adopt it, but as of now no one really cares for it.
copper member
Activity: 232
Most of the people of the world don't know what is decentralized digital currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, LightCoin and atcoins. They only know their currencies and USD or other few currencies.  To be a global currency, the legalization in most of the countries is mostly needed for Bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
No, the average person doesn't care if it's global, they don't care if it's decentralized. What the average person cares about is if it works to buy food and pay their bills. Now investors are quite a bit different beast and also well off global travelers.

Agreed. There is a percentage of the population who cannot access the web,
there are those who can but are literally existing from week to week.

Of the population who have a disposable income not all care about crypto, they
feel they dont need it. There are others who are doing just fine with FIAT.

We are the ones who are interested in the various features and projects of
decentralised crypto there are others who are waiting on the sidelines for the
next big bullrun.
Activity: 180
Merit: 3
I guess many investors will answer no. For investors, they always expect bitcoin to grow best and not depend on the government. Therefore, centralized charges for obtaining legitimate government approval are unnecessary.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
It is rumored that most politicians seek globalization and the creation of a world government. In this case, the cryptocurrency will be very appropriate. This topic can be classified as philosophical. Because for globalization to happen, all States must unite. We can have a lot of discussions on this topic, but we will definitely see what will happen.

Not only politicians, the world is controlled by a few very powerful people who would greatly benefit from such a world. If everyone could participate in consumerism, imagine the profits! International organizations have been moving us in this direction for a long time.

The ultimate goal is for the entire world to become a “single market” with uniform laws, rules and regulations.

Technology is the only potential to take the exclusive control and profit back from capitalist mafia. Decentralization/distribution of control/trust primarily aims to bring economic justice for the public and societies, though certain people do not like this to happen. Regulation could be performed and set autonomously even in democratic autonomous organizations as well as dApps.
It is a fact that most of people are currently not aware of decentralization benefits, but they definitely will be when the next world economy crisis happens. As I mentioned earlier, we need a certain span of time to wait, watch and finally see what will happen.

You judge by yourself, because you rotate in the world of blockchain and crypto technologies. Most people don't know anything about decentralization. And many of the people don't want to know anything about it, they don't need it for everyday life. They and without decentralization is good.
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

Its hard to say world waiting decentralized currency. Most country have their own central banks that control their money supply, and i think central banks disrupted by bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Government and central banks must be want to keep control on money supply and if government decide using cryptocurrency, i am believe they will creating their own cryptocurrency
Pages:
Jump to: