Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there a place in the world you could live like a king via sig campaigns? - page 25. (Read 7471 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 801
$300/weak or $15.600/year is really high income on developing countries, some countries only earn income below $500/month or $6000/year and it's enough for them. In malaysia the annual income around $5000-$10.000, some people are still want to work if they got paid lower than that because if they don't work they don't have any money to buy foods. I ever work as part time worker on Food and Beverage company, I only got paid for $300/month and I'm already happy.

Now with the current pandemic, many people lost his jobs and it's more harder to find new jobs. Gladly I got accepted one of campaign here and got paid $30/week. To be honest I'm not joining this forum only for money, but to learn more about Bitcoin and talking with other people with same discussion. But, it's nothing wrong if we can earn money when you still doing what you like isn't?

In malaysia, you couldn't live like a king with $300/weak, but you can live comfortable and eat whatever you want.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/country_price_rankings?itemId=105
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
Live a nice life? Probably in all the countries where the median wage is below half of what you make!
Live like a king, or thriving how you called it, no!

And that is simply because living and spending money on other things than food rent clothes means you're going to have to purchase stuff that doesn't care anymore about the purchasing power of the country and that costs nearly the same all over the world. Take the BMW for example, it's not going to be 10 times cheaper in Bangladesh than in Luxemburg.  Living like a king and at the same time not affording a trip to Europe or any other place on the opposite side of the globe cause the plane tickets alone are your income for 2 months? Again, not a king's life.

Enjoying live more than your average wage in a poor country could ever manage is definitely possible, I think that even in some parts of Eastern Europe you would still be making more than a lot of poeple, you would live a more comfortable life than them, but it's a long way from here to a completely carefree lifestyle.

Let's further assume that these Chipmixer snobs demand only the best--Havana cigars, a large dwelling with a decent amount of land and no neighbors, a wine cellar (to be filled), and all the illicit and legal substances their cadre of well-endowed women can procure.

A fast check and the average price for an hour of you know what in Manila was around ₱ 6,000, that's 100$.
So, not, you're going to have to stick to animes for a harem, even there.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1888
I'm asking this question seriously, though I'm going to qualify that by saying that I'm not planning on doing anything like this.  It's just a fantasy of mine, and the question very much has to do with economics, i.e., it basically has to do with economies in various parts of the world and the cost of living.  
Let's say a few of the Chipmixer crowd wanted to escape whatever tyranny they were living under in their country or countries (I picked that campaign because I think it's the highest-paying one, but correct me if I'm wrong).  We'll assume for the sake of argument that the campaign is going to continue indefinitely and that each member (let's say five in total) make the maximum number of posts per week, earning $300 worth of bitcoin in the process.
My question is whether there's any place on earth where $1500/week could allow five roommates to live very comfortably--perhaps not as boss-like as I described above, but maybe at least the big house and property.

There are several things I think about what you comment:

I think that going 5 people to another country to live together is more typical of 20-somethings, if you're over 40 or 50 I don't see it. Although some time ago it was common for people who were just starting to play poker, in the boom time. Young people who went to a shared apartment to study and play poker and get as much money as possible.

In my case, hypothetically, ifI went to another country I would take savings with me, because apart from the weekly expenses you can have unforeseen events. How would you pay the hospital in a foreign country if you fall seriously ill or have an accident? You would have to see if you can buy health insurance before you go.

If I didn't have a 9 to 5 job, I think I could do other things besides writing 50 posts and get paid. I would still play poker, so I would have another source of income, and even people who don't play poker could create one or two alts to generate more money with signature campaigns, even if these campaigns paid less than the Chip Mixer. If you have no other job, writing 50 posts, which gives you 7 posts a day, leaves you plenty of time to do other activities for which to receive income, and plenty of time to enjoy yourself.

Regarding where to go, it would obviously have to be a country in what we call the third world, although I don't like the term. But there you would have to find one that is relatively safe, because it is cheap to live in Venezuela or Mali but both countries are among the most violent in the world. Therefore, it seems that the most reasonable option would be an Asian country, be it the Philippines as mentioned or some other.

However, if we talk about 1500 a week (6000/month), that's more than a physician or an engineer can make a month in normal conditions. That is a hell lot of money and that is more than most politicians make as well (President receive about 35000BRL). You won't live like a king, but you will live like a noble.

Just a note, he is talking about $1500 per week between 5 people, or $300 per person per week.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
My question is whether there's any place on earth where $1500/week could allow five roommates to live very comfortably--perhaps not as boss-like as I described above, but maybe at least the big house and property.  Over the years I've heard stories that Filipino members were able to pay for a good weekly allocation of food just from campaign earnings, and they amounted to a lot less the last time I participated in one of those discussions.  I'm not picking on the Philippines; it's just something I remember and I don't even know if it's true.  What I'm fairly sure of is that there really do exist bounty farms within single households, where multiple family members are all on bitcointalk spamming away and earning who knows how much.

I would say that you can survive and live well in Brazil with 300 USD per week.  The minimum salary is about 217 USD per month in Brazil (not enough to survive imo)

https://agenciabrasil.ebc.com.br/en/economia/noticia/2021-12/minimum-salary-will-be-r1212-tomorrow#:~:text=Brazil's%20Government%20Gazette%20published%20on,(%24%20217%2C18%20dollars).

With 300 a week, you can get about  6000 BRL a month. You can rent a small apartment and buy food, you can even have a small kid and pay for his school if you leave in a small town far away from the big cities. But, 5 people? Well, you can't with just 300 a week.

However, if we talk about 1500 a week (6000/month), that's more than a physician or an engineer can make a month in normal conditions. That is a hell lot of money and that is more than most politicians make as well (President receive about 35000BRL). You won't live like a king, but you will live like a noble.

So, a single signature campaign is enough to live a simple life in Brazil. But, if you already have a job, one can live very confortable with a single sig campaign earning.

https://biz30.timedoctor.com/average-salary-in-brazil/
1. Median Salary
The median salary of an employee in Brazil is 8,220 BRL per month. After arranging wages in ascending order, the point at the middle will represent the median salary.

It means that half of the workers earn above this level, and the other half earn less.

2. Maximum and Minimum Salary Range
In Brazil, the average salary ranges from 2,170 BRL (USD 417) to 38,200 BRL (USD 7349). The minimum is 2,170 BRL, and the maximum being 38,200 BRL.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
I cannot be sure as the level of comfort varies from one personal standard to another.
Well, you read what I wrote as far as cock-of-the-walk standards, and I probably should have included buying some sort of luxury vehice--not a Bentley or Rolls, but a slick Mercedes or sporty BMW would do just fine.

Well, that's gonna be another story. A BMW X5, for example, would cost you more than a hundred thousand dollars.

So it sounds like that $1500/week would buy a pretty nice lifestyle in the Philippines.  Thanks for that input, I appreciate it.  It's also kind of what I assumed, because I've had the feeling that the cost of living in your country is pretty low if you compare it to the US (how much is gasoline over there, anyway?).  My next question would be: how does one go about getting citizenship in the Philippines?  Can somebody just fly there and take up residence, or would they be deported?

1. Yes, $1,500 per week could give you a pretty nice lifestyle here. You won't be living like a king, but it's gonna be nice.
2. Gasoline here is around $1.40 a liter. It might hit $2 in the coming days or weeks.
3. As far as I heard from foreigners here, Filipino citizenship is hard to get. You'd rather aim for permanent residency, which is still hard but pretty manageable. Please don't take my word for this, but without any connection within the country whatsoever, you'd fly in as a tourist.

I'm still looking for places.  And just and FYI, this is not a new idea kicking around in my head.  I've wondered about this for years.

The Philippines is a beautiful country, that is, naturally. The people are friendly and hospitable. However, as it is inevitable to deal with different government offices and agencies, it's awful. But I guess there must be a kind of a special treatment for foreigners most of the time. Also, public transportation here is wanting.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
If you got the right group of people, I think £50k a year is quite a hefty sum for the five of you to live quite comfortably in most places (based off Europe, city centres are expensive and some of the towns around them but semi rural and rural locations would actually be pretty cheap to buy in a lot of places - you'd be able to get 2x3 bed houses for about £200k or ~£1.6k/month on a mortgage).

Idk if it's the same everywhere else though but normally a big property has a big amount of land with it too so you wouldn't exactly be earning fully off the earnings from a signature campaign if you wanted to buy somewhere particularly big (and loans would probably be easier to get on something glike that, especially if there's quite a few of you to guarantee it).

(as a bit of disclaimer, aside from a nice cosy house, a car, food, an adventure once in a while and strong personal relationships I'm not sure what's left I'd want).
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
I cannot be sure as the level of comfort varies from one personal standard to another.
Well, you read what I wrote as far as cock-of-the-walk standards, and I probably should have included buying some sort of luxury vehice--not a Bentley or Rolls, but a slick Mercedes or sporty BMW would do just fine.

So it sounds like that $1500/week would buy a pretty nice lifestyle in the Philippines.  Thanks for that input, I appreciate it.  It's also kind of what I assumed, because I've had the feeling that the cost of living in your country is pretty low if you compare it to the US (how much is gasoline over there, anyway?).  My next question would be: how does one go about getting citizenship in the Philippines?  Can somebody just fly there and take up residence, or would they be deported?

I'm still looking for places.  And just and FYI, this is not a new idea kicking around in my head.  I've wondered about this for years.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1854
🙏🏼Padayon...🙏
Speaking from the Philippines here. $1,500 per week makes $6,000 per month. In Philippine peso, that would be ₱313,491.01. That's more than enough for a group of 5 to live comfortably. Very comfortably, I cannot be sure as the level of comfort varies from one personal standard to another. However, that's a huge amount already. Our president only receives a salary of ₱411,382 - ₱423,723 per month.[1] That's only $8,000 give or take.

[1] https://www.imoney.ph/articles/how-much-do-philippine-politicians-earn/
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
I'm asking this question seriously, though I'm going to qualify that by saying that I'm not planning on doing anything like this.  It's just a fantasy of mine, and the question very much has to do with economics, i.e., it basically has to do with economies in various parts of the world and the cost of living.  **Edit: This thread would be appropriate for Bitcoin Discussion as well, but mods, please don't move it there.  This isn't a thread that's meant to be funny, and I'd like thoughtful replies--which I won't get if the thread gets buried in a picosecond within the wasteland of what should be the most important section on the entire forum.**

Let's say a few of the Chipmixer crowd wanted to escape whatever tyranny they were living under in their country or countries (I picked that campaign because I think it's the highest-paying one, but correct me if I'm wrong).  We'll assume for the sake of argument that the campaign is going to continue indefinitely and that each member (let's say five in total) make the maximum number of posts per week, earning $300 worth of bitcoin in the process.  Let's further assume that these Chipmixer snobs demand only the best--Havana cigars, a large dwelling with a decent amount of land and no neighbors, a wine cellar (to be filled), and all the illicit and legal substances their cadre of well-endowed women can procure.  And a lawyer on retainer.

My question is whether there's any place on earth where $1500/week could allow five roommates to live very comfortably--perhaps not as boss-like as I described above, but maybe at least the big house and property.  Over the years I've heard stories that Filipino members were able to pay for a good weekly allocation of food just from campaign earnings, and they amounted to a lot less the last time I participated in one of those discussions.  I'm not picking on the Philippines; it's just something I remember and I don't even know if it's true.  What I'm fairly sure of is that there really do exist bounty farms within single households, where multiple family members are all on bitcointalk spamming away and earning who knows how much.

That tells me that there's something to it, because there's no way father, sons, mom, and whatever grandparents are still alive would be bounty hunting if it weren't at least a little bit lucrative.  So I'd love to know how far campaign earnings ($1500 per week for 5 people in my example) could be stretched.  Are there actually places out there where one could not only survive but thrive by earning bitcoin on the forum?

I'll lock this thread if anyone reports that this has been discussed ad nauseam.  But if it has, I've certainly missed it.
Pages:
Jump to: