Pages:
Author

Topic: Is there anything unusual in these screenshot? - page 3. (Read 718 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1228
I think the OP seems to be questioning possible abuse of the merit system at one of the local board - but I don't think the OP has much guts to reveal who he suspects other than trying to throw mud at the reputation board.

The OP should know what to do when you really wants to questioning another user's reputation or activity on the reputation board - so you shouldn't play hide and seek over someone's reputation if you yourself aren't brave enough to reveal who the person is. I think the potential for abuse of the merit system can occur on various local board - even on global boards. But to accuse someone without wanting to reveal evidence would not be good. OK you probably don't want to ruin someone's reputation because of your suspicions - so what's the point of this thread?

Many users are encouraged to grow in their respective local board because they master the language well. Of course this can help them get the quality of posts they expect - but the limited circulation of merit to some users is not entirely considered abuse, but could also be because they have good interactions with each other.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 755
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
2nd one is pretty hard to find because my keyboard is limited,

As for the other member in the screenshot, I have no clue about who he is.
The other person is 2Pizza410000BTC. It took a few pages of browsing and matching the merit history from the screenshot shared by OP.

It is probably due to the low number of active members in both local boards so the one who has merits is trying to encourage them to keep the upcoming members active and it's usually the case when the active members are fewer.

Every local board has different source merit allocations from merit sources and every source has different meriting habits so you cann't get the same kind of treatment from your local board.

I can't able to read those posts to determine the quality of posts but it's true that the members received most of the merits from local boards while they equally posted the number of posts in global sections.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
The first member is JunaidAzizi. He recently applied for "[Merit] Help newbies and those who have a little left to the next rank" and "[Merit] Help posts in local boards that did not receive enough merits", so most of his recent merits likely come from those threads. I cannot really judge the quality of his posts since I don't understand the language, but I don't think he is a bad contributor, and he probably deserve to move up the ranks.

As for the other member in the screenshot, I have no clue about who he is.
Activity: 476
Merit: 212
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
I saw abnormal behavior in some of the local boards and wanted to know what was happening there. This topic wasn't any investigative post indeed it was a general post to know about the possible explanation.
Well, if you want to get better answers, you should share the name of the accounts from that screenshot because without looking more deeply into situation its hard to say what exactly is going on and you can only do that by actually checking those accounts.

By the way, you don't have to adjust both width and height of the image you are sharing as one of those is enough while the other adjusts automatically. That way image won't be distorted when you mess up the ratio, like in the case of that screenshot you shared.

Thanks for the suggestion about the image size adjustment. I will keep that in mind next time.

I haven't accused anyone about merit farming. I just raised concern about this unusual behavior. I do not have the expertise to do this kind of investigation. I saw abnormal behavior in some of the local boards and wanted to know what was happening there. This topic wasn't any investigative post indeed it was a general post to know about the possible explanation.

Why not mention their name? So that they can review how this user earns merits.

Anyway, I found the first one and 2nd one is pretty hard to find because my keyboard is limited, and can't able to type in a different language.

Based on my own view of the first user, some of his posts are meritable and some of them are not. I don't know if I'm right; I just use a translator to understand the content, but I see that his posts are worth giving merit.
I think the one who can investigate further more about his posts history are those who use the same language.

As you have said you are not familiar with that language so Google Translate will not be able to give you a proper translation I think. Also as you have said some of their posts are meritable when some of them are not and i found this true after checking some of them. I think someone from that local community can investigate that matter more clearly.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
Ranking up is not a crime. I can't say anything about this case without reading the posts, if they're not worth the Merit, you may have a point.
It's easy to find who you're talking about, just not from Mobile.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with ranking and all forum users go through this if they don't remain passive. The author is trying to draw attention to the fact that some users are promoted very strongly and quickly, rewarded with merit. This looks suspicious. Sometimes this also comes across my field of vision and I feel bewilderment and misunderstanding when a user receives stacks of merit from one source over and over again. Well, probably the whole point is that he saw legendary huge potential in the newcomer, which pushes him to quickly rise in the ranks. Smiley You are right in the statement that it is impossible to objectively assess the situation using screenshots alone. If OP had provided links to these accounts, then it would have been possible to check the posts and then draw the appropriate conclusions.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
I haven't accused anyone about merit farming. I just raised concern about this unusual behavior. I do not have the expertise to do this kind of investigation. I saw abnormal behavior in some of the local boards and wanted to know what was happening there. This topic wasn't any investigative post indeed it was a general post to know about the possible explanation.

Why not mention their name? So that they can review how this user earns merits.

Anyway, I found the first one and 2nd one is pretty hard to find because my keyboard is limited, and can't able to type in a different language.

Based on my own view of the first user, some of his posts are meritable and some of them are not. I don't know if I'm right; I just use a translator to understand the content, but I see that his posts are worth giving merit.
I think the one who can investigate further more about his posts history are those who use the same language.

Edit:
Since they are looking for the username I think you talk about this one JunaidAzizi.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
September 15, 2023, 12:45:23 PM
I saw abnormal behavior in some of the local boards and wanted to know what was happening there. This topic wasn't any investigative post indeed it was a general post to know about the possible explanation.
Well, if you want to get better answers, you should share the name of the accounts from that screenshot because without looking more deeply into situation its hard to say what exactly is going on and you can only do that by actually checking those accounts.

By the way, you don't have to adjust both width and height of the image you are sharing as one of those is enough while the other adjusts automatically. That way image won't be distorted when you mess up the ratio, like in the case of that screenshot you shared.
September 15, 2023, 12:01:52 PM
I do not want to mention their name but some members are ranking up with unusual pace and they are getting merits in their every post in local board when they can not get few merits from the global board.
I don't want to make a comment without observing closely. It requires lots of time. Anyway, the above quoted statement is wrong although it's possible that in this case, it may be true. There are a lot of users who don't post outside of the local board due to the language barrier. Or maybe they post a few times only. That's why they don't get merit in the global board. I'm not trying to say that's the case here, neither I'm saying that's not the case here. We can't tell without having a further look. Do they post on the local board only? If they post in the global section, how many times do they?
Anyway, if it's a big farm, feel free to share with logic and proofs.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
September 15, 2023, 11:50:08 AM
I do not want to mention their name but some members are ranking up with unusual pace and they are getting merits in their every post in local board when they can not get few merits from the global board. How they are doing exceptionally well only in local board?
Its nothing that we haven't seen before, that members of local boards sometimes tend to have a lower standards or are more generous when it comes to merit. Another thing is that its easier to express yourself in your own native language, so members of some boards that are not so fluent in English struggle to earn merit in general part of the forum, compared to their own local board. Then again, I also woulnd't exclude the possibility of good old merit abuse but that's something that is much harder to prove.

Thing about merit is that last time theymos adjusted it there was more than 50% more posts being written and about the similar amount of active members. Less posts and active members means there's abundance of merit (speaking generally, there are still some part of the forum that are undermerited) so merits are being shared left and right to everything that is not a shitpost.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1908
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
September 15, 2023, 11:49:57 AM
I do not want to mention their name but some members are ranking up with unusual pace and they are getting merits in their every post in local board when they can not get few merits from the global board.
I don't want to make a comment without observing closely. It requires lots of time. Anyway, the above quoted statement is wrong although it's possible that in this case, it may be true. There are a lot of users who don't post outside of the local board due to the language barrier. Or maybe they post a few times only. That's why they don't get merit in the global board. I'm not trying to say that's the case here, neither I'm saying that's not the case here. We can't tell without having a further look. Do they post on the local board only? If they post in the global section, how many times do they?
Anyway, if it's a big farm, feel free to share with logic and proofs.
Activity: 1935
Merit: 290
September 15, 2023, 11:42:35 AM
Ranking up is not a crime. I can't say anything about this case without reading the posts, if they're not worth the Merit, you may have a point.

It is a crime to take arbitrary merit from the local board only because btt does not mean that new members should be guided only from the local board.

Take a look at the top sectors like Bitcoin discussion, altcoins discussion where there are hundred percent good topics but no one has given merit.

Point: beginner and help
Here all new members are guided and taught well in all subjects.
September 15, 2023, 11:41:44 AM
I have checked some of their merit distribution behavior. They were just sending their merits to a handful of members and it looks like most of their post is getting merit when those merit is circulating between a few of the members. I do not want to accuse anyone directly because I do not have expertise in identifying merit farming activity. I think what is happening there is wrong so brought this topic forward. It is not about only those two boards there are other local boards as well where this same thing is happening. A group of member is trying to abuse the system because of no moderation activity in some local board.
Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
September 15, 2023, 11:33:07 AM
Activity: 1935
Merit: 290
September 15, 2023, 11:30:32 AM
Of course this is wrong
I think these are all inside merit connections. Because if they have so much skill or ability to help new members then why don't they get merit from any other board.
Only from the local board why so much merit is taken?
September 15, 2023, 11:17:47 AM
Can you see anything unusual in these two screenshot? From the past few month i am seeing some unusual activity in some of the local board. I do not want to mention their name but some members are ranking up with unusual pace and they are getting merits in their every post in local board when they can not get few merits from the global board. How they are doing exceptionally well only in local board? What do you think what is wrong with them?

Pages:
Jump to: