Pages:
Author

Topic: Is time a circle? - page 2. (Read 1359 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
June 26, 2014, 11:04:32 PM
This topic had been discussed since a long time ago. 2 thousand years ago, the Indians had thought about this.

The conclusion depends on which school of thought you believe in. If there is no rebirth, you should maximise your enjoyment in life since what you do in this life does not affect the next. Taking it into extreme, if no law exists, people will think that it is alright to kill other people if it so pleases them. On the other hand, for people who believe in rebirth, they will want to accumulate merits in this life so that they can be reborned in a better realm. This is known as karma. In fact, the merits may come to fruitation in this life (as good outcomes) if the conditions are right.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
June 26, 2014, 09:15:59 PM
The big bang explodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.

I used to believe in this as well.  You die, but eventually the exact same atoms at the exact same location at the exact same time from the next big bang, will produce another exact same you.

But science shows us the universe is actually accelerating, not slowing down as we would expect it to.  It will never re-collapse into another big bang.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1074
June 26, 2014, 06:39:22 PM
Maybe we die and we vanish,but i still think that has to be an "afterlife",and in my view that in that afterlife is that we reborn,we born, we live, we die and reborn again........

You don't vanish.  You lie there in your coffin, rotting.  If you don't want to accept that, that's fine, and you can hope for something greater.  But it is still the explanation that makes the most sense.

You will be digested by lower organisms whose excrements are beneficial to plant life. So will you help making the planet greener.

Seriously: The meaning of the term "sense" is probably erased with death. You can only speculate what happens - if anything happens at all after death.

ya.ya.yo!

When you die your sparks will separate from your body. But this sparks cannot hold memories for long without biological brain cells. This sparks memory is very vulnerable to lightning and high magnetic devices. This sparks will continue floating on earth until they found a new body.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
June 26, 2014, 06:23:14 PM
Maybe we die and we vanish,but i still think that has to be an "afterlife",and in my view that in that afterlife is that we reborn,we born, we live, we die and reborn again........

You don't vanish.  You lie there in your coffin, rotting.  If you don't want to accept that, that's fine, and you can hope for something greater.  But it is still the explanation that makes the most sense.

You will be digested by lower organisms whose excrements are beneficial to plant life. So will you help making the planet greener.

Seriously: The meaning of the term "sense" is probably erased with death. You can only speculate what happens - if anything happens at all after death.

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
June 26, 2014, 03:53:14 PM
when i die i will end up burning inside your engine Wink
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
June 26, 2014, 01:11:37 PM
I'm actually reading a biography of Philip K Dick right now and he had an interesting take on time. He called it orthogonal time. There are two times, our normal flowing time and that time, where all moments exist at once and there is no past present or future.

That's like imaginary time, it's at a 90 degree to real time.
which follows the experiments done with double slits and Wheeler's delayed choice version.

time/space act one way when not observed/measured by humans, but a different way when not. Wheeler's version lends credence to the idea that space/time are not linear.

http://highexistence.com/docs/experiment.pdf
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
June 26, 2014, 01:10:59 PM

You don't vanish.  You lie there in your coffin, rotting.  If you don't want to accept that, that's fine, and you can hope for something greater.  But it is still the explanation that makes the most sense.
Activity: 448
June 26, 2014, 01:06:10 PM
Everyone holds either one of 2 ideas about death - nothing happens, or you go to an afterlife. But the the idea that makes the most sense to me, is that you are reborn instantly and re-live the same life an infinite number of times. If the universe is infinite, so is everything else in it. The big bang eventually collapses again, and the chain of patterns repeat. We've been here forever, and always will be.

How is that the idea that makes the most sense to you?  The one that seems most likely is we die and then we're just dead.
Activity: 392
June 26, 2014, 01:05:09 PM
U smokin dope n postin on da forums again??
I am not smoking nothing,is it that bad to have a question of what happens after you die?You did ask yourself or others what happens to you after you give your last breath?

Nothing happens actually simple as that. Smiley
cp1
Stop using branwallets
June 26, 2014, 01:04:23 PM
I'm actually reading a biography of Philip K Dick right now and he had an interesting take on time. He called it orthogonal time. There are two times, our normal flowing time and that time, where all moments exist at once and there is no past present or future.

That's like imaginary time, it's at a 90 degree to real time.
Activity: 448
June 26, 2014, 01:01:53 PM
I am not smoking nothing,is it that bad to have a question of what happens after you die?You did ask yourself or others what happens to you after you give your last breath?
Activity: 378
June 26, 2014, 01:01:01 PM
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
June 26, 2014, 12:28:28 PM

What's wrong with that?
OP's post is considerably more interesting than most of the off-topic section Tongue
cp1
Stop using branwallets
June 26, 2014, 12:27:42 PM
Everyone holds either one of 2 ideas about death - nothing happens, or you go to an afterlife. But the the idea that makes the most sense to me, is that you are reborn instantly and re-live the same life an infinite number of times. If the universe is infinite, so is everything else in it. The big bang eventually collapses again, and the chain of patterns repeat. We've been here forever, and always will be.

How is that the idea that makes the most sense to you?  The one that seems most likely is we die and then we're just dead.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
June 26, 2014, 12:23:33 PM
Activity: 462
Merit: 253
June 26, 2014, 10:12:37 AM
We are biased about the nature of the universe and of time, because our brain evolved to be able to efficiently sustain an organism with a limited life-span.

Just like we see only a truly small portion of what the universe is (our eyes only see a small percentage of light's spectrum), it seems likely that we also comprehend time in a very limited way and we haven't the tools to get a better understanding of it.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
June 26, 2014, 10:01:47 AM
Well, that explains  deja vue, but you cannot re-live the same life over and over again, unless when you die you are instantly reborn at the exact time and date of your initial birth.

How does that theory account for population changes, human advances, and recorded environmental changes, ie. history. If everything stays the same, there is no change. If there is no change, then I should have had the internet, HDTV, and a cell phone at my birth. Since I did not, it must be subject to change. If it is subject to change, then you cannot repeat a prior life for infinity.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
The big bang explodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.

This seems very logical to me.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
June 26, 2014, 09:53:01 AM
Futurama actually have an episode on this process keep repeating itself. All events keep repeating like the previous one.
Activity: 252
June 26, 2014, 08:41:11 AM
Well, that explains  deja vue, but you cannot re-live the same life over and over again, unless when you die you are instantly reborn at the exact time and date of your initial birth.

How does that theory account for population changes, human advances, and recorded environmental changes, ie. history. If everything stays the same, there is no change. If there is no change, then I should have had the internet, HDTV, and a cell phone at my birth. Since I did not, it must be subject to change. If it is subject to change, then you cannot repeat a prior life for infinity.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
The big bang explodes assplodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.
Activity: 994
Merit: 441
June 26, 2014, 08:32:34 AM
What if planets are nothing more than collections of separate groups of consciousnesses. When you "die" you simply go back to the collective until you are reborn in your next life on another planet in the universe. Earth is just one of an infinite number of waystops.
Pages:
Jump to: