Pages:
Author

Topic: Is time a circle? - page 3. (Read 1359 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 26, 2014, 08:26:50 AM
Well, that explains  deja vue, but you cannot re-live the same life over and over again, unless when you die you are instantly reborn at the exact time and date of your initial birth.

How does that theory account for population changes, human advances, and recorded environmental changes, ie. history. If everything stays the same, there is no change. If there is no change, then I should have had the internet, HDTV, and a cell phone at my birth. Since I did not, it must be subject to change. If it is subject to change, then you cannot repeat a prior life for infinity.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
The big bang explodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.
Maybe I did, but if it did so, why would our individual molecules not get mixed with others in this process and prevent an afterlife? I'm all for an afterlife, but I think it involves something much greater than just the big bang theory.

When you start dealing with things like infinity and our knowledge of our known universe, you must also consider that infinity applies in both directions, and our known universe may be nothing more than a small molecular structure in a much greater universe, which might be a small molecular structure in a much greater universe, ad nauseam ...

Time may be a much greater determinate factor, but if infinity exist, what is time? We view time as measured against our planets rotation around our nearest star. We measure not only our own, but other organisms life span based upon how many star rotations they complete before they die.

We have a long road to travel ...
Activity: 448
June 26, 2014, 08:12:15 AM
maybe if you are a ghost. Ghosts are the ones condemned to circle through the same things over and over alll the life.

Hope some of us scape to the ghost fade
Not all the souls are condemned to become a ghost,only the ones that didn't accomplish their mission here on the earth,and they can't pass to the next level. You can find more here:
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/ghosts/what-are-ghosts
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
June 26, 2014, 08:10:33 AM
But but, we go to heaven after we die!  Embarrassed
Seriously I don't think there is anything after we die, what is the big deal anyway?
We will see it then.
June 26, 2014, 08:05:26 AM
Well, that explains  deja vue, but you cannot re-live the same life over and over again, unless when you die you are instantly reborn at the exact time and date of your initial birth.

How does that theory account for population changes, human advances, and recorded environmental changes, ie. history. If everything stays the same, there is no change. If there is no change, then I should have had the internet, HDTV, and a cell phone at my birth. Since I did not, it must be subject to change. If it is subject to change, then you cannot repeat a prior life for infinity.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
The big bang explodes, eventually creates us, then eventually gets pulled back into a giant black hole. The process repeats itself and infinite number of times.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 26, 2014, 07:55:06 AM
maybe if you are a ghost. Ghosts are the ones condemned to circle through the same things over and over alll the life.

Hope some of us scape to the ghost fade
Activity: 364
June 26, 2014, 07:51:10 AM

June 26, 2014, 07:44:56 AM
Everyone holds either one of 2 ideas about death - nothing happens, or you go to an afterlife. But the the idea that makes the most sense to me, is that you are reborn instantly and re-live the same life an infinite number of times. If the universe is infinite, so is everything else in it. The big bang eventually collapses again, and the chain of patterns repeat. We've been here forever, and always will be.
Pages:
Jump to: