Pages:
Author

Topic: Is trezor the safest way to keep coins!? - page 2. (Read 2338 times)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529
January 07, 2017, 08:09:38 AM
Trezor is not the safest way to keep your coins.

Trezor is one of the safest ways to keep your coins.
You literally stole the words out of my mouth.
OP, I personally prefer paper wallets over trezor beacause of the ease of use and paper wallets are complete free while Trezor costs ~$100 and if stored properly paper wallets are even safer than trezor or any other hardware wallet.   
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
January 07, 2017, 07:59:17 AM
Trezor is not the safest way to keep your coins. The safest way is to literally manually generate the private key and derive the public key in your head, and then send the bitcoin to the address. However, it's not going to happen/

Trezor is one of the safest ways to keep your coins.

I think ranochingo covered everything else nicely.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
January 07, 2017, 07:55:19 AM
-snip-
I saw many discussions on here talking also for offline wallets..papper wallets or cloud ones.

Wich one is the best ?
Paper and hardware wallets are the safest place to store your bitcoins not on any web wallet services.

I guess ranochigo already answered your questions and his answers are 99% true. Maybe you can now lock this thread to avoid posting the same answers.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
January 07, 2017, 07:33:01 AM
I saw many discussions on here talking also for offline wallets..papper wallets or cloud ones.
Wich one is the best ?
Cloud wallets will never be safe. Offline wallet and paper wallets would be the safest if you spend them correctly.
It is highly likely that OP read some threads where spammers are spewing nonsense that wallets such as 'blockchain.info' are good, while in fact they are horrible and should be avoided.

OP, reading this thread may give you more insight and introduce you to more options: [General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?. Generally, if you don't want to spend money on a dedicated wallet, you don't need to. The first step is to use a desktop client rather than a web wallet.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 4193
January 07, 2017, 07:29:28 AM
I read some discoussions around and everyone was talking good about trezor.
Im newb and i need some advices/opinions from persons wich know more than me about wallet.

1. Where are my coins stored if i use trezor?
Your private keys are kept within Trezor. As long as no one has the ability to crack the firmware and make it leak your private keys without your authorization pin, you are fine.
2. Do i lose my coins if i lose trezor device or it fails/burns?
No. Trezor generates a seed everytime a user creates a wallet. The addresses are generated from that seed. As long as you have your seeds, you are covered.
3. Is trezor 100% safe and the best way to keep coins?
If you can review the source code of Trezor and make sure you install the version you reviewed and compile yourself, you are 99%* safe.

*If they didn't use a backdoor on their hardware.

Wich one is the best ?
Cloud wallets will never be safe. Offline wallet and paper wallets would be the safest if you spend them correctly.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
January 07, 2017, 07:24:51 AM
I read some discoussions around and everyone was talking good about trezor.
Im newb and i need some advices/opinions from persons wich know more than me about wallet.

1. Where are my coins stored if i use trezor?

2. Do i lose my coins if i lose trezor device or it fails/burns?

3. Is trezor 100% safe and the best way to keep coins?

Wich one is the best ?
Pages:
Jump to: