Pages:
Author

Topic: Is wallet security important to use? - page 11. (Read 28216 times)

legendary
Activity: 1229
Merit: 1001
October 28, 2018, 10:24:58 PM
You just have to keep the private keys safe don't store them on anything connected to the Internet back them up to many locations if you have enough Bitcoins taking out a safety deposit box is a good idea.
but just keeping them on different types of media like USB hard drive you can even write it down on paper and then re type it into a wallet to see if you got the key correct.

Just don't keep them on the used desktop pc and call it bitcoin private key in plain text
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
October 28, 2018, 09:51:57 PM
If we will treat our Bitcoin and our Altcoins as an asset or wealth for our future and family use then we should secured it at all cost specially if they are hard earned properties because if we will not consider the importance of security then all of your efforts and hard work to earned that cryptos will be probably will be stolen and wasted therefore wallet security is really important.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
October 28, 2018, 03:08:27 PM
very important, now the crime in the internet world is very high, if you don't give security to your wallet then all your assets will be stolen. see cases of people who lost their wallet, the reason is they did not give security to their Wallet, even if they gave the level security it was very low.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
October 28, 2018, 02:16:32 PM
Every now and then someone asks strange questions ... asking if the safety of the wallet is important is like asking if it's a good idea to lock the door of the house ...
In fact, especially in the crypto world where there is no control or central authority, security must really be in the first place.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
October 27, 2018, 05:56:19 AM
Of course, it is very important, crime in cyberspace is very high, and the most disadvantaged is us if we underestimate internet security... I once lost important data because I was not confident with the security of my device and network, from that I learned to care about security, so that my wallet was safe...

This is a very common question. I think that for better wallet protection you shouldn't visit any sites that can harm your computer, and create new e-mail exactly for your wallet. And don't tell anybody what are you doing and how much money did you earn by trading.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
October 26, 2018, 05:54:32 AM
The important thing is, how do you keep your hard work worth money? It requires security.
Activity: 94
Merit: 2
October 26, 2018, 03:21:45 AM
Of course, it is very important, crime in cyberspace is very high, and the most disadvantaged is us if we underestimate internet security... I once lost important data because I was not confident with the security of my device and network, from that I learned to care about security, so that my wallet was safe...
Block chain just similar to banks. They also required some security to keep there users money safe. I don't get it why you ask such question.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
October 25, 2018, 08:59:13 AM
Well I guess it is much better to split our bitcoin balance in different wallet address, like you have in Electrum, Hardware wallet, bitcoin core, and multibit.hd just like with the banks I do have savings on bank but not in one only but more than one bank, because I am just following what I read in the books on which is don't put all your eggs in one basket. And the most important matter that we need to remember is the security while we use wallet, like the private key and seed phrase together with password too.
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
October 25, 2018, 03:34:24 AM
Of course we need highly security in order to keep our coins secure from stealer especially for hackers. Ever thought why a banks hired security guards? because they have to keep money safe from robbers.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
October 24, 2018, 04:47:12 AM

Wallet stores our most precious coins and if wallet is not save and hacked, we are left with nothing. This means that we should first make all the efforts to secure our wallet as rest of the things depends on how secure and safe our coins are.
Yeah right, In my opinion, we should use the Offline wallet as Electrum or Trezor, it's safer because
our own control. Don't use Wallet Exchanger to keep assets, because It's can easy to hacked.
Activity: 160
October 24, 2018, 04:24:49 AM
In my opinion, the security of this wallet really needs to be used due to safeguarding our assets rather than people who want to steal it, even they can use our assets on a bad road.
you're right, but on the current times, hackers are getting smarter to hack everything, especially hacking the wallets, it has happened to my friend's wallet that was hacked despite being given security like Google Authenticator
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
October 24, 2018, 02:18:42 AM
What kind of wallet your are using now, if you use myetherwallet always use correct website for access to the link, but if you use exchange wallet you have added security of your account, you can use google authicator for making your account is safety.
to be safer, please bookmark myetherwallet link, because one letter can be fatal. and with Google Authenticator, you can provide extra security. definitely disappointed if your assets diwallet are lost, so be careful
Activity: 606
October 24, 2018, 02:02:09 AM
What kind of wallet your are using now, if you use myetherwallet always use correct website for access to the link, but if you use exchange wallet you have added security of your account, you can use google authicator for making your account is safety.
Activity: 868
Merit: 185
Roobet supporter and player!
October 24, 2018, 01:54:58 AM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Install hardware wallet and do not attach with phishing site!
Most of the hackers are sending us a site where we can get free tokens or cryptocurrencies. But that is just a bait, probably those person that will fall to the bait will lose their wallet from their possession. I always let myself away from phishing sites because I know that if I will enter to the wrong site private keys will be stole to my account.
Activity: 390
Merit: 11
October 24, 2018, 12:35:11 AM
every asset that we invest is stored in a wallet, whether it's a personal wallet or an exchange wallet. The security of a wallet is important for saving assets for the future.
layered security is very necessary such as sms confirmation, email and 2FA code
Activity: 2030
Merit: 356
October 23, 2018, 11:35:18 PM

Wallet stores our most precious coins and if wallet is not save and hacked, we are left with nothing. This means that we should first make all the efforts to secure our wallet as rest of the things depends on how secure and safe our coins are.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
October 23, 2018, 11:25:51 PM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.

These tips are actually helpful and is necessary for us to secure our earnings. In addition, we should be wise and smart enough to keep our private keys in private. There should only be one trusted person who will know about our private key.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 228
Omicron is another FUD
October 23, 2018, 07:16:34 PM
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ApolloX
October 23, 2018, 06:58:06 PM
It is really important, you should control with most of attention that you can give it. Always check URL and wallet service which you are using.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
The OGz Club
October 23, 2018, 06:10:36 PM
For securing your wallet, you must pay extra attention. You never keep your wallet info in all and decentralize it physically. I mean that do not keep your keys on your computer. Also, you must activate all given features for security. Everybody reads that will say what’s the new thing in this advice? But remember, everybody makes simple mistakes intentionally.

many people are still complicated to store their private keys, even many are still entrusting in cloud storage, I don't understand why there are no password options or at least change the keys in person, this is very dangerous for users. At least wallet security is still very safe at this time even though the competence of its users must also be large.
Pages:
Jump to: