Pages:
Author

Topic: Is wallet security important to use? - page 10. (Read 28216 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 2
November 20, 2018, 02:39:45 AM
It is important to be security conscious when it comes to using wallet if you don't want to wake IP one day and discovered that everything you have worked for is gone.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
November 20, 2018, 02:39:28 AM
The wallet stores all your encrypted assets!
You lost your wallet key, meaning you lost your assets!
Protect your private key and your assets will be protected!
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
November 20, 2018, 02:26:16 AM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
of course it's all very important to be used to maintain assets in our wallets, I personally am not someone who is proficient in such matters, I only secure my wallet from phishing, I never ignored the email and unclear links that someone sent to me via email and telegram because it all can be a cause of phishing, I hear it from professional traders who have been trading in the crypto world for a long time.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
November 19, 2018, 09:26:22 PM
In my opinion, the security of our wallets is the most important thing to consider in the crypto world, we are talking about real money here and we want them to be perfectly safe in our wallets. There are lots of event here that people are losing their coins because someone just hacked their wallets and they sure are regretting that they didnt make sure that their wallets were secured.   
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
November 19, 2018, 08:51:20 PM
In the world that hacking always happen, its wise choice if we always back up our wallet and secure our private key. Beside that, security on our wallet is priority and its good choice if we using hard wallet
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
November 19, 2018, 01:17:01 PM
I have a copy of your wallet's private key on another device, I have experienced data loss due to my computer error, but fortunately I saved my private key on the flash disk.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
November 19, 2018, 04:43:05 AM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

If you have already stayed a long time in cryptocurrency, you must know the important of wallet security. HAve basic knowledge to protect yourself and to avoid theft.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 538
dont be greedy
November 19, 2018, 01:42:03 AM

save your cryptocurrency in a personal wallet, don't ever store crypto assets for a long time on a wallet exchanger, we don't know what centralized parties are doing behind their work
save the private key in a place that is easy to find, but difficult for others to track
and the last is don't save BTC in 1 wallet if you think the amount is very large
Activity: 82
November 19, 2018, 12:06:09 AM
absolutely yes, this is very important because you store your all coins in your wallet so you need to secure your wallet. Many wallet have high security just be careful to visit some website that get your information or if you have lot money you can buy hardware wallet.
A wallet that contains cryptocurrency is like a safe containing money, so if there is theft or loss of wallet, we lose our money. So to protect your wallet you need to be careful and cautious, such as: don't forget to backup your wallet data, always update wallet software, use double security, check the Url correctly before logging into the wallet site, don't keep private keys carelessly
copper member
Activity: 301
Merit: 2
October 31, 2018, 08:30:10 AM
Yes this is the concern of everyone here, because nowadays there are so many hackers lurking on our digital assets. That is why we must be extra careful to secure our wallets. The first thing we have to do is, we have to keep our main email that we use to register the exchange, not to let others know it. Secondly, we should not inform the private key of our personal wallet to others, and we must also be careful if we enter the internet site that we do not know.
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
October 31, 2018, 08:15:40 AM
We need to install security applications to make sure they can protect our wallets from greedy hackers.
but if only the security application in my opinion is lacking, and hackers can still commit the crime. Security applications and complicated wallet accounts will make your wallet more secure. but remember never to forget or put your account carelessly. always be careful and careful after you open your wallet.
Activity: 7
October 31, 2018, 05:02:01 AM
Although electronic wallets are highly encrypted when storing consumer data, e-wallet security is still a barrier for the public to receive it. From payment companies to social networks, gaming communities, Internet search engines, and telecom operators may be processing and sharing your financial and identity information, Thus, fraud prevention, privacy protection, account more important than ever.
Activity: 25
October 31, 2018, 04:28:02 AM
We need to install security applications to make sure they can protect our wallets from greedy hackers.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
October 31, 2018, 04:04:48 AM
The important thing is, how do you keep your hard work worth money? It requires security.
In the current era, where the knowledge of coding and decoding is very instrumental in the success of your online company to both attract people and to shield it against the cyber agents, hackers have also gone sharp. So this was the prerequisite for Bitcoin to have a protected system which ensures the consumer satisfaction and it is not possible to hack blockchain for the security is beyond reach of the hackers. However it could happen in the rest of the coins where the wallets are not so much protected and are prone to theft.
Activity: 41
October 30, 2018, 07:53:32 AM
Well I guess it is much better to split our bitcoin balance in different wallet address, like you have in Electrum, Hardware wallet, bitcoin core, and multibit.hd just like with the banks I do have savings on bank but not in one only but more than one bank, because I am just following what I read in the books on which is don't put all your eggs in one basket. And the most important matter that we need to remember is the security while we use wallet, like the private key and seed phrase together with password too.
People always take care about their money, so our wallet is the place where we keep our crypto currencies, so its too much important to take care and give top security to our wallet.
Activity: 459
Merit: 10
October 30, 2018, 03:33:14 AM
Usually the security of the wallet is very strong. But because wallets are often used on platforms such as computers and mobile smart devices. These things have become a place for your information to leak, you should be careful not to download illegal software.
Activity: 368
Merit: 104
October 30, 2018, 01:04:17 AM
Of course, it is very important, crime in cyberspace is very high, and the most disadvantaged is us if we underestimate internet security... I once lost important data because I was not confident with the security of my device and network, from that I learned to care about security, so that my wallet was safe...
Of course we need highly security in order to keep our coins secure from stealer especially for hackers. Ever thought why a banks hired security guards? because they have to keep money safe from robbers.
One of the most important points that lie among the main points is security, to take care of your security that is how much your wallet is secure. Once you consider it important then you will not face with any scammers of hackers activities like stuff. Those who do not take care of their wallets and reveal their wallet passkeys lose their coins in no time. Better we consider it important because holding a wallet with some coins needs a lot of efforts and use of knowledge.

Activity: 462
October 29, 2018, 05:32:26 AM
I firmly believe that securing your wallet is just as important as securing your fiat wallet. we can never be complascent in every detail of  our wallet.  but I am thinking what if you only have one password for every wallet that you have? is this much safer than having many passwords for many wallets? (just a random thought though). but now, theft cannot break into our wallets that easily that is why they are using another modality-- to copy your username but with different telegram account or ask for an update in telegram then changing wallets to hacker's wallet.
going back, just be always on the lookout for any additional cyber threat that may hack into your systems like click bait and phishing sites. this can potentialy heck all your wallet details.
Activity: 406
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
October 29, 2018, 01:04:34 AM
absolutely yes, this is very important because you store your all coins in your wallet so you need to secure your wallet. Many wallet have high security just be careful to visit some website that get your information or if you have lot money you can buy hardware wallet.
Activity: 25
October 29, 2018, 12:00:07 AM
You can store your cryptocurrency coins on a cold wallet or on a paper wallet, so you will protect yourself 100%. These are the most reliable ways to store cryptocurrency today.
I see your point but I don't think paper wallet can protect ourselves 100%. To what I know, paper wallet is not safe. Instead of paper wallet, you should think about offline wallet or hardware wallet, I did so many researches to find the best wallet to store my cryptocurrency. That is my experience that I want to share with you. Hope you can choose the best wallet to protect your coin.
Pages:
Jump to: