Pages:
Author

Topic: Is wallet security important to use? - page 5. (Read 28216 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 102
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 21, 2019, 12:07:38 AM
If you hold for a few hundreds of dollars or more of crypto then buy a hardware wallet. And store the bigger coins like Bitcoins on your hardware wallet. Hardware wallet are the saves place you can hold crypto. Keep your password a safe place. Be your own bank. But don't be paranoid, you can hold a few procent of your portfolie on bigger exchanges so you can trade, when you want to.
Having a hot wallet for day trading is good idea, but for a few hundred dollars it is not necessary to buy hardware wallet. As a suggestion, there are other options like paper wallet for storing cryptocurrencies.

Strong in wallets is always very good option but we need to allow them to secure them by taking all steps of security. So we have to store our coins in different wallets by securing them by taking all measure of security which it will surely avoid the people to hack our wallets.
how safe our wallet is, of course, do not put assets in one wallet, because a large exchange with a high level of security can be cracked. therefore by storing it in several wallets it certainly provides more security, besides what you have already explained
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
February 20, 2019, 11:50:11 PM
If you hold for a few hundreds of dollars or more of crypto then buy a hardware wallet. And store the bigger coins like Bitcoins on your hardware wallet. Hardware wallet are the saves place you can hold crypto. Keep your password a safe place. Be your own bank. But don't be paranoid, you can hold a few procent of your portfolie on bigger exchanges so you can trade, when you want to.
Having a hot wallet for day trading is good idea, but for a few hundred dollars it is not necessary to buy hardware wallet. As a suggestion, there are other options like paper wallet for storing cryptocurrencies.

Strong in wallets is always very good option but we need to allow them to secure them by taking all steps of security. So we have to store our coins in different wallets by securing them by taking all measure of security which it will surely avoid the people to hack our wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
February 20, 2019, 08:31:44 PM
copper member
Activity: 346
Merit: 100
February 20, 2019, 08:15:21 PM
Digital wallet security is highly prioritized and hardware is very possible to use to maintain crypto assets, so don't think of a wallet for digital asset security, many crypto companies sell hardware wallets online at a variety and affordable prices for cryptocurrency.
Activity: 554
February 20, 2019, 06:46:05 PM
Havkers is always their to get your coins because they are greedy on money so that we need to secure our coins by using some security or a wallet that never been hacked just like the offline wallet or the hardware wallet because this is not connected to the website and this have a many security as far as i know because my friend have this kind of hardware  wallet.
Activity: 532
Merit: 185
February 20, 2019, 04:54:53 PM
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
February 20, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
of course this is very important an online wallet is possible to be hacked from anywhere and at any time, therefore for the security of assets that we have, we must use additional security for our wallet.
Having bitcoin is not miner thing mate, if you have allot of bitcoin in your account anyone can hack it to get your profit, so it is your responsibility to keep it safe from all hackers, in old days people always keep on checking their bitcoin and remain worry about their coin but now it is not big deal simply use blockchain as wallet and don’t share your private key to strangers it will help you stay safe from hackers.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
February 16, 2019, 09:09:17 AM
This is very important because I myself have had a problem with my wallet experiencing hacking. and I now use paid wallets so that my assets are secured to get a sense of security

Just purchase a hardware wallet. I thought that it was dump to buy one as I thought that it will never give me more security or value than the other web wallets or software wallets.

It ended up that I was the dump of not buying for a long time. Now I have stored my cryptocurrencies in the ledger and I feel safe about them everytime I log in to it.
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
February 16, 2019, 09:05:54 AM
For all beginners here is tutorial and thread for improving your wallet security. Importing Vs Sweeping Private Keys; What you need to know.
Security of your cryptos is one of the most important things to have in mind, so be safe.
Activity: 658
February 16, 2019, 08:26:36 AM
of course this is very important an online wallet is possible to be hacked from anywhere and at any time, therefore for the security of assets that we have, we must use additional security for our wallet.
Activity: 650
Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi
February 15, 2019, 06:18:28 PM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
Yes it is very important to secure our wallets.These needs proper storage.I store mine in a hard copy and in a USB device inorder that I have back ups aside from my phone.
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
February 15, 2019, 12:25:58 PM
Of course it is important! If you choose a wallet that doesn't have good security, there is a high chance that you can lose your tokens if you do not consider the security of the wallet. Always find a wallet that have security to protect your tokens.
right, it's useless if we have a lot of assets, but our wallet is not safe, what we get is disappointment because our assets are stolen. therefore for the first time we need to pay attention to our wallets, so that no assets are collected by hard work. Then it is important to add additional security to our wallet.
always make back our private key or another key in several places could make it more secure.if we have much asset in our wallet we have to understand how too keep it well.
yes you are right and making the private key more secured place is always important so I recommend using a separate hard disk for storing your private is only India good place and it will be also be secured for long period of time.
Activity: 606
Merit: 10
February 15, 2019, 10:19:21 AM
Most important use security wallet for all of your exchange account, I use more than seven exchange market account and almost of my exchange use security wallet because I don't all of my asset will stole by other.
Activity: 602
Merit: 11
February 15, 2019, 09:35:43 AM
don't underestimate the security of the wallet, wallet security is the number one, if we do not secure our wallet then all the assets we have will be lost stolen. I use all levels of security provided by the wallet, starting from Google Authenticator, email authenticator and sms authenticator..
You will realize how important wallet security is when you experience a loss because your wallet get hacked, many people experience it because they don't take their wallet security seriously, even though there are many hacking techniques that can be done, and if you don't secure your wallet like using 2fa, of course your wallet will be prone to being broken
Security is the main concern when choosing a wallet. Your assets are all dependent on what wallet you are using. Basically, when choosing a wallet it is a must to consider wether the software is open source or not. Never use close source wallet, this doesn't give you full control of your funds since yiu don't have the private key right at your hand. Open source wallet Electrum is good wallet for storing Bitcoin, but uf you have multiple kind of coin, Hodler wallet is the best to have since it is the only open source multiwallet available. The walletvalso provide encrypted backup which makes all your funds even more secure.

I am agree with you. Security on our wallet is important thing. We know many hackers trying to stole our coin or token and the best way to store our coin is using hardwallet.
therefore now you have to keep your wallet as good as possible and use security that is difficult to crack. because the passage of time is a lot of hackers who target our wallets
they use a variety of ways, for example there is an email that is not clear, and we are asked to follow it, once we follow, of course our assets are immediately lost from the wallet, and there are still many methods they use, as if they have never lost their minds, even large exchanges which they crack
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
February 15, 2019, 09:28:59 AM
don't underestimate the security of the wallet, wallet security is the number one, if we do not secure our wallet then all the assets we have will be lost stolen. I use all levels of security provided by the wallet, starting from Google Authenticator, email authenticator and sms authenticator..
You will realize how important wallet security is when you experience a loss because your wallet get hacked, many people experience it because they don't take their wallet security seriously, even though there are many hacking techniques that can be done, and if you don't secure your wallet like using 2fa, of course your wallet will be prone to being broken
Security is the main concern when choosing a wallet. Your assets are all dependent on what wallet you are using. Basically, when choosing a wallet it is a must to consider wether the software is open source or not. Never use close source wallet, this doesn't give you full control of your funds since yiu don't have the private key right at your hand. Open source wallet Electrum is good wallet for storing Bitcoin, but uf you have multiple kind of coin, Hodler wallet is the best to have since it is the only open source multiwallet available. The walletvalso provide encrypted backup which makes all your funds even more secure.

I am agree with you. Security on our wallet is important thing. We know many hackers trying to stole our coin or token and the best way to store our coin is using hardwallet.
therefore now you have to keep your wallet as good as possible and use security that is difficult to crack. because the passage of time is a lot of hackers who target our wallets
Activity: 1498
Merit: 146
February 15, 2019, 09:19:17 AM
This is very important because I myself have had a problem with my wallet experiencing hacking. and I now use paid wallets so that my assets are secured to get a sense of security
I don't know what wallet you were using,is that you are talking about hardware wallet?

Most of the other kind of wallets are free and safe to use when you will have the private key access.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
February 15, 2019, 08:46:00 AM
I once read for security wallet,
this is just for discussion how to secure the wallet. I do not think there is a security system and there will be no theft in the wallet.

If you choose your wallet or phone software, you need to be extra careful! Remember that bitcoins are stored inside your device. If your computer or phone breaks down, your bitcoin is gone too! Thieves can also take your bitcoin if it gets access. Consider the following tips to avoid losses:

Perform regular backups regularly
Save the backup on another device like in flash or another computer.
Use the encryption feature
With encryption, each transaction requires a login with a password. This prevents thieves who manage to gain access to your computer.
Do not forget the password
Losing a password equals losing your money! Wallet does not provide a password forgot feature.
Learn more please learn how to secure your wallet here: http://bitcoin.org/en/secure-your-wallet

Do you guys have a better idea to avoid theft in the wallet?
Your Knowledge and Ideas will be more helpful if shared.
without making a security for your wallet you will not be able to confident with your investment it will not been go anywhere without your permission and making more security for your wallet will be more needed and important thing in this type of market especially in Crypto field we need to more careful because some hackers will be easily access your wallet with the mistakes made by us.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
February 15, 2019, 07:07:23 AM
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
February 15, 2019, 06:57:40 AM
Securing a bitcoin wallet is very important, because that's where all the bitcoin wealth is stored.
It's not all about Bitcoin but all of your assets either Bitcoin or Altcoins.

When securing a bitcoin wallet besides using a double security key, it must also be remembered and stored in a hidden place, because don't forget. Forgot to mean disaster, because we will lose everything.
And also you have to know where do you hide your key, it's silly to see that people forget about where did they hide and it becomes a mystery as the time goes.

Of course it is important! If you choose a wallet that doesn't have good security, there is a high chance that you can lose your tokens if you do not consider the security of the wallet. Always find a wallet that have security to protect your tokens.
Either the wallet's security is bad or you are clueless about how to secure your assets.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
February 15, 2019, 06:37:13 AM

Pages:
Jump to: