Pages:
Author

Topic: IS XRP REALLY A CRYPTOCURRENCY - page 5. (Read 806 times)

Activity: 135
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 09:06:44 AM
Yes, it really is one of the fastest growing cryptocurrencies. The price of Ripple in one month is 15 times and has overtaken one of the Best Ethereum cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 112
August 24, 2018, 02:18:00 PM
Rather, no, this cryptocurrency is suitable for those who need fast growth. (himself did x3).
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 04:53:42 PM
I tend to the negative answer, because this "cryptocurrency" belongs to banks, in addition, about 40% of tokens are in the hands of developers who promised not to use tokens on their accounts.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
https://beta.afce.io/#/
August 14, 2018, 02:19:23 PM
I believe on xpr and it's very demanding coin now with you check there daily market cap it in under top 10. So it's may became next EtH.
copper member
Activity: 103
August 14, 2018, 02:13:22 PM
I believe that the situation is positive so far and many banks are positive about the opportunities and prospects of the platform, so Yes, in my opinion.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
August 09, 2018, 10:45:19 AM
I'm not sure yet, because I'm still not clear between Crypto and digital money,
But maybe, at present, bitcoin and altcoin are still only assets!
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 09, 2018, 10:35:12 AM
XRP is a real cryptocurrency. Why is it listed on exchanges if it is not. Right? You get it? It is not consider as crypto if it isn't so don't think twice or once whether it is a currency nor it isn't.
Activity: 41
August 09, 2018, 10:30:32 AM
It is due to the growing public interest in cryptocurrencies that the Ripple payment system was able to get a share of its attention. But, at its core, it is very different from the usual types of cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin.
Activity: 61
July 28, 2018, 01:13:44 PM
More likely no than Yes. Since the unit itself is not supported by mining, and is an alternative system of payments and tied to real money, not computing power.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 298
July 19, 2018, 08:29:35 AM
It's all about how you define a cryptocurrency.
There are some cryptography on use and transaction of Ripple. And Ripple is also used as currency.
It can be related to current date ICO or call it the first ever ICO. So, it's a token. And it's upto you to call it cryptocurrency or not.
When it first came, people thought a company issuing a token without letting users mine and selling them on an artificial price is no cryptocurrency.
But now that practice is too common.
Activity: 294
July 19, 2018, 08:21:27 AM
As a technology, the Ripple platform may have real value and real history that validate the claims they make for its efficacy. The XRP token itself, however, seems to have negligible use cases. In fact, Ripple had planned to phase it out — at least, until fevered interest in cryptocurrencies began to take off in 2016. Nevertheless, as CNBC noted today, if Ripple hits $6.57, its market capitalization will be bigger than Bitcoin’s.
Activity: 249
Merit: 13
dApps Development Automation Platform
July 19, 2018, 08:15:36 AM
Ripple is a crypto currency no doubt. It has achieved plenty of hype and has many positive news, but also has got a few court claims against it so is a bit dangerous to invest.
Activity: 207
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
July 19, 2018, 08:11:50 AM
Not really, it's not decentralized which is one of the key points of crypto for most people. I doubt it will ever get back up to $3.
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
QuickX ICO
July 19, 2018, 08:07:07 AM
Not really, it is centralised and controlled crypto, so I would not consider it in the spirit of bitcoin or ethereum that really extend the decissions much farther.
Activity: 94
July 19, 2018, 07:33:11 AM

Ripple news: Is XRP really a cryptocurrency?

RIPPLE returned to the all-important $0.50 mark following bitcoin’s remarkable rise to $7,500 this week. However, one expert has warned that ripple is “not a cryptocurrency” and could miss out on the regulation that catapults bitcoin and ethereum on to bigger and better things.

Ripple’s remarkable journey from obscurity to $3.40. back down to today’s price of $0.49 could soon see it ring-fenced from other competing cryptocurrencies, with concern over its centralisation potentially excluding XRP from entry into a price boosting regulatory framework.

Last week, rival bitcoin recruited another billionaire believer from the world of mainstream finance after it was revealed that investor Steven Cohen has placed money into a hedge fund focusing on cryptocurrencies and blockchain-based companies.

Cohen Private Ventures has invested in Autonomous Partners, a new hedge fund buying up cryptocurrencies and equity in blockchain-related companies as the world of mainstream finance begins the search for the “next generation” of investments in the digital age.
However, Ripple is one notable absence from the spate of technologies in which Autonomous Partners is interested, raising concern that the XRP tokens will be treated differently when regulations arrive.

If the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the US decides that the tokens are securities they could then be subject to different laws than tokens that are not.

Arianna Simpson, from Autonomous Partners said: “I have a lot of concerns about the level of centralisation there, and I have regulatory concerns if what they have issued is a security.

Anatoly Castella, CEO, Elpis Investments told Express.co.uk that ripple's XRP is set to miss out because it is not a "Digital Fiat", and not a “real” cryptocurrency
Mr Castella warns that XRP falls short of the “purest interpretation of ‘cryptocurrency’.”

He said: “Ripple resembles a fintech platform combining the best elements of fiat money and blockchain cryptocurrency.

“It should be considered 'Digital Fiat', not a cryptocurrency.”

On the potential for missing out on the very regulations that go on to propel rival cryptocurrencies to all new price levels, Mr Castella says that the SEC should consider to creating a regulatory framework for ‘digital fiats' like ripple and a sustainable ecosystem for the “crypto startups”, currently “held in a state of limbo”.

He said: “This will ensure that ‘real’ cryptocurrencies like bitcoin will not be damaged and misunderstood by these start-ups adopting the wrong regulatory approach from the outset.”
Source : Express.co.uk
Pages:
Jump to: