Pages:
Author

Topic: Is your local Craigslist / Kijiji flooded with GPUs ? - page 5. (Read 6181 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Well I can help you with that hehe
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
I'm gonna need someone else to help me carry all of these rigs with us to the bridge.

Grin
Xtreme Monster
Are we going to hold hands when we jump off the bridge together?

I hope so, Metroid.  Wink

hehe, I guess if you are a miner then you go alone cause i'm not  aminer however if bitcoin continues to crash then is going to be my time to jump off the bridge hehe
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
The inflated prices of gpu's will continue for a month or so however once the flooding of gpu's start then suicides will follow hehe

Are we going to hold hands when we jump off the bridge together?

I hope so, Metroid.  Wink
Xtreme Monster
The inflated prices of gpu's will continue for a month or so however once the flooding of gpu's start then suicides will follow hehe
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Well, the high price points are starting to ever-so-slightly crack. I do now see a MSI Armor RX580 4 GB "on sale" (lol) at NewEgg for $289 (limit one).

We do have a long way to go as even with the recent plunge in difficulty as I still see many posts along the lines of "just have patience and wait it out a bit and profits will come roaring back". I think too many people are expecting a miracle recovery yet and will continue to overpay (just not quite as much) on hardware in anticipation of this.

The way I see it is we will need a solid month or two of downturn before any real ground starts to give way. Once people realize that the $300 they just spent on a new GPU is going to take 3 years (if ever) to ROI and they are giving almost all of their profits to the utility company in the meantime, will we start to see people quit mining and a real price reduction occur. But the way things look right now, even if the prices were to return to normal, it might be best to wait a bit to buy a lot of new hardware.

Of course everything I just wrote could turn out to be wrong if ETH shoots up past $1,000, and/or BTC shoots past $10,000 in the next month or two. In that case mine on...
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
nope, i'm still seeing crazy prices...I wonder, do they even sell some at that price Huh  If you try hard you can buy on newegg for 300 to 375$ for a 570 4g to a 580 8g. (cad)  They sell 400 to 500.  I see posts like 70 brand new 570 4g for 500 each fixed price.  I cant stop laughing...surely no one buy a 570 4g for that price ?  that would be insane.  Especially when you can get a 1070 for lets say 550-600, and that with a markup.  The flood will only come after profitability is dead for some time.  they know lowering prices will start the avalanche, when it comes.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Pricing has dropped SOME from where it got to at it's peak - but still quite a bit on the high side for any RX 470/480/570/580 card and availability is STILL very sparse and spotty.

On the Nvidia side, even the GTX 1070 is finally getting back down to CLOSE to pre-surge pricing though availability is still somewhat spotty.

STILL not seeing anything resembling a "flood" of cards on my local Craigslist - been *2* current-production cards advertised at all as stand-alone and 3-4 systems with "current" cards in the last month.

Since I live in the Cryptocoin Capitol of the USA, that seems like a pretty strong indicator....

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
Before the surge, rx 580 4GB was around $230 where I live, after the surge the same rx 580 4GB is now selling for $365, That is almost 50% increase. Insane.

I still do not see the price drop.

Yap, no price drop here either.
And no flooding of cards on 2nd hand markets.
People still mining strong i guess.

Maybe the recent market collapse will change this if it goes low enough.

There is no price drop as of yet, at least compared to normal (meaning no or low miner demand). Also, you could buy the MSI Armor RX580 8GB version for under $230 before the price surge. I believe the 4GB version of the same card could be found for $199 back then, so current prices are closer to a 83% premium even now if they are selling for $365.
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
Before the surge, rx 580 4GB was around $230 where I live, after the surge the same rx 580 4GB is now selling for $365, That is almost 50% increase. Insane.

Yap, no price drop here either.
And no flooding of cards on 2nd hand markets.
People still mining strong i guess.

Maybe the recent market collapse will change this if it goes low enough.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

Xtreme Monster
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
around me I noticed a lot more AMD gpu's up for sale...but all at crazy prices still.  there still arent many to be bought on newegg or other websites so....yeah.  I dont know whos buying those cards...
Activity: 168

fully correct. Grin lots of cards popping up in Austria too (willhaben at) the prices are now ~100€ less as previous week.

you saw that funny guy with 8 x RX 570 Nitro OC + Spahire cards who wants € 5480,-- for his rig?  Grin Grin Grin
thats just ~ twice what the components would have cost him most likely  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
The only GPU ad on my local craigslist for a card that's mining-capable for the last MONTH was for a bunch of R9 390x - and the poster never answered their phone OR emails.

(EDIT) Oops, someone posted a RX 580 at $450 this afternoon.

Not betting they'll get it though, I'm pretty sure it was same Powercolor model Newegg currently lists for $369 or some such.

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
It's still profitable to mine with AMD if you work a little harder at it, and that was before Eth shot back up to $230 today. If we could get $450 for a used Rx 470 like you could a month or two ago we'd probably sell them, but since they're paid for in full we're more then happy to keep mining with them.

Activity: 294
Well, this is how capitalism works, you sink or swim, there is hardly ever a free lunch out there, and if there is one it will be eaten before you can grab some. LOL
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
Lots of green in prices today.  Flux seems to occur mostly over the weekends now with bull runs from late mondays thru thursdays the past few weeks.  There's still plenty of profitability in mining left for AT LEAST a few more months.  I suspect early fall will be the real crunch time for GPUs.  What we're seeing right now are newbies getting scared and a handful of people who achieved 100% ROI recouping max back from their cards before the true shift.

AMD cards will be abundant very soon as a result but mid-high end nvidia cards will likely hold up well due to their broader utility and better gaming performance. 
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
In my country same amounts of used rig/gpus are being sold compared to few weeks ago
Pages:
Jump to: