Pages:
Author

Topic: ISIS is nothing compared to U.S. cops. - page 18. (Read 16609 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
Dashcam video shows officer firing 7 shots into Castile car

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- The Minnesota police officer who pulled over Philando Castile politely told the driver that his brake lights were out and calmly instructed him not to pull out his handgun before suddenly drawing his own weapon and firing seven rounds into the car, a video released Tuesday showed.

The dashboard video taken from St. Anthony police Officer Jeronimo Yanez's squad car illustrated how a simple traffic stop of a black man shifted in an instant from a routine exchange to a deadly confrontation.

When Yanez opened fire, another officer near the car jumped back, and Yanez began yelling at the driver. As more police and an ambulance arrived, Yanez could be heard breathing heavily and swearing and trying to explain his actions to fellow officers.

The video was made public just days after the Latino officer was acquitted on all counts in the case. Although the squad-car footage was described repeatedly and was shown to jurors in the courtroom, it had never been made public until Tuesday.

The shooting on July 6, 2016, in the Twin Cities suburb of Falcon Heights gained widespread attention because Castile's girlfriend, Diamond Reynolds, livestreamed its gruesome aftermath on Facebook. Unlike Reynolds' video, the squad-car video shows the situation's quick escalation and the shooting itself.

Read more and watch the video at https://www.yahoo.com/news/squad-video-castile-shooting-expected-made-public-051308333.html.

Cool
legendary
I'm convinced you make posts/threads like this specifically to get people worked up, otherwise known as "shit-posting". If you think the U.S. Law enforcement is more violent, dangerous or barbaric than ISIS then you don't enough about either group to make that claim.

By your own logic, Black people in  America are worse than ISIS, because Black People commit 5x more murders than any other group off people in America. You're more likely to be killed by a Black Civilian than a police officer, especially as a black person in America.

Young Black Males are about 3-4% of American population and they commit 45%+ of the murders and violent crime in America.

ISIS beheads people, U.S. Cops do not. ISIS Murders homosexuals or their preference of love and apostates for not believing their idiotic religious text. You're an idiot if you think the police are worse than ISIS.

No, it's the kind of answers that you give.

ISIS is expected to befriend nobody.

Cops are expected to be friends of all good people.

If ISIS harms you, you expected it.

If cops harm you, you are shocked by their behavior.

Cops are way worse than ISIS.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1123
I'm convinced you make posts/threads like this specifically to get people worked up, otherwise known as "shit-posting". If you think the U.S. Law enforcement is more violent, dangerous or barbaric than ISIS then you don't enough about either group to make that claim.

By your own logic, Black people in  America are worse than ISIS, because Black People commit 5x more murders than any other group off people in America. You're more likely to be killed by a Black Civilian than a police officer, especially as a black person in America.

Young Black Males are about 3-4% of American population and they commit 45%+ of the murders and violent crime in America.

ISIS beheads people, U.S. Cops do not. ISIS Murders homosexuals or their preference of love and apostates for not believing their idiotic religious text. You're an idiot if you think the police are worse than ISIS.
legendary
really bad cops,that personal threat,doing by one cop,i think its not fair if you compare ISIS to U.S cops,just because so far ISIS not attack US,you said that ISIS not to be worried? i think ISIS more dangerous because they attack many people,they explode some place with so many people there,lets compare the victims of ISIS and U.S cops,of course ISIS had more victims.

But you expect ISIS to attack. So you run and save yourself.

You expect cops to be good guys, so you come right up to them in a friendly manner. Then they beat you or kill you.

You judge who is worse.

Cool
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
really bad cops,that personal threat,doing by one cop,i think its not fair if you compare ISIS to U.S cops,just because so far ISIS not attack US,you said that ISIS not to be worried? i think ISIS more dangerous because they attack many people,they explode some place with so many people there,lets compare the victims of ISIS and U.S cops,of course ISIS had more victims.
legendary
Execution by Firing Squad: The Militarized Police State Opens Fire

"It is often the case that police shootings, incidents where law enforcement officers pull the trigger on civilians, are left out of the conversation on gun violence. But a police officer shooting a civilian counts as gun violence. Every time an officer uses a gun against an innocent or an unarmed person contributes to the culture of gun violence in this country."—Journalist Celisa Calacal

Legally owning a gun in America could get you killed by a government agent.

While it still technically remains legal to own a firearm in America, possessing one can now get you pulled over, searched, arrested, subjected to all manner of surveillance, treated as a suspect without ever having committed a crime, shot at and killed.

This same rule does not apply to government agents, however, who are armed to the hilt and rarely given more than a slap on the wrists for using their weapons to shoot and kill American citizens.

According to the Washington Post, "1 in 13 people killed by guns are killed by police."

Just recently, for example, a Minnesota jury acquitted a police officer who shot and killed 32-year-old Philando Castile, a school cafeteria supervisor, during a routine traffic stop merely because Castile disclosed that he had a gun in his possession, for which he had a lawful conceal-and-carry permit. That's all it took for police to shoot Castile four times as he was reaching for his license and registration. Castile's girlfriend and her 4-year-old daughter witnessed the entire exchange.

Earlier this year, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit ruled that Florida police will not be held accountable for banging on the wrong door at 1:30 am, failing to identify themselves as police, and then repeatedly shooting and killing the innocent homeowner who answered the door while holding a gun in self-defense. Although 26-year-old Andrew Scott had committed no crime and never fired a single bullet or lifted his firearm against police, he was gunned down by police who were investigating a speeding incident by engaging in a middle-of-the-night "knock and talk" in Scott's apartment complex.

As attorney David French writes for the National Review, "Shooting an innocent man in his own home because he grabs a gun when an unidentified person pounds on his door or barges through it isn't just an 'unreasonable search or seizure.' It's a direct violation of his clearly established right to keep and bear arms."

Continuing its own disturbing trend of siding with police in cases of excessive use of force, a unanimous United States Supreme Court recently acquitted police who recklessly fired 15 times into a backyard shack in which a homeless couple—Angel and Jennifer Mendez—was sheltering. Angel Mendez suffered numerous gunshot wounds, one of which required the amputation of his right leg below the knee, and his wife Jennifer was shot in the back. Incredibly, the Court ruled that the Los Angeles County police officers' use of force against the homeless couple was justified as a defensive action, because Angel was allegedly seen holding a BB gun that he used for shooting rats.

In yet another case, a Texas homeowner was subjected to a no-knock, SWAT-team style forceful entry and raid based solely on the suspicion that there were legally-owned firearms in his household. Making matters worse, police panicked and opened fire through a solid wood door on the homeowner, who had already gone to bed.

In Maryland, a Florida man traveling through the state with his wife and kids was stopped by a police officer and interrogated about the whereabouts of his registered handgun. Despite the man's insistence that the handgun had been left at home, the officer spent nearly two hours searching through the couple's car, patting them down along with their children, and having them sit in the back of a patrol car. No weapon was found.

In Philadelphia, a 25-year-old man was confronted by police, verbally threatened and arrested for carrying a gun in public, which is legal within the city. When Mark Fiorino attempted to explain his rights under the law to police, police ordered him to get on his knees or else "I am gonna shoot ya." Fiorino was later released without charges.

What these cases add up to is a new paradigm in which legally owning a gun turns you into a target for government sharp-shooters.

Read more and click the links at https://www.rutherford.org/publications_resources/john_whiteheads_commentary/execution_by_firing_squad_the_militarized_police_state_opens_fire.

Cool
legendary
Police groups want to bar the public from seeing controversial body-camera footage --

Here at The Watch, we've emphasized over and over that the public benefit to outfitting cops with body cameras will only be as good as the rules governing their use. Unfortunately, many state legislators and policymakers are reacting to the "war on cops" narrative by giving all the control to police agencies. That isn't a recipe for accountability.

Here's a good roundup at the Verge:

North Carolina, for example, passed legislation last year excluding body camera video from the public record, so footage is not available through North Carolina's Public Records Act. That means civilians have no right to view police recordings in the Tar Heel state unless their voice or image was captured in the video.

Louisiana also exempts body camera video from public records laws.

Read more at https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2017/06/15/police-groups-want-to-bar-the-public-from-seeing-controversial-body-camera-footage-and-lawmakers-are-obliging-them/?utm_term=.5846f5090ec0.

Cool
legendary
If you were fat ugly and stupid you would be an American too, and possibly a cop, probably with bad attitude.

So you know XinXan.     Cheesy
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
So you are comparing ISIS to cops? I mean, i think you can't do that.
Both are agressive, but if you meant to know who would win i think it's more than obvious.

People compare apples and oranges. I mean, consider their skins. Oranges have much thicker skins. Cops must be oranges.

Cool

No people use the quote ''you are comparing apples to oranges'' when two items or groups of items are compared that cannot be practically compared. Basically like what you did. You can read my post above to fully explain why your post is retarded, I know you ignored it because you don't have an argument for it.

LOL! Actually, I kinda liked your post you are referring to. The fact that you are irritated enough with things I say to badmouth me, shows that I am posting in the right direction.

The idea that cops and ISIS is like comparing apples with oranges, shows the fallacy in the idea that apples and oranges can't be compared. They CAN be compared. Everything can be compared in one way or another.

Wake up, Dude. You need to start thinking if you want a fulfilled life. However, as Solomon said, "The more the wisdom, the more the pain." So, maybe you would rather not wake up so much after all, eh?

Cool

So you can't really refute anything I said, can you? You are just an idiot. Saying cops are bad. Where is your evidence for that, you saw a few news about some cops that shoot innocent people and you can call all cops bad? 0.001% do things that are wrong therefore all cops are bad? Your logic is a joke, just like you, a joke. You can't think, you are just a brainwashed idiot. Maybe you should wake up to reality and stop posting bullshit retard.

Oh, wow. Didn't realize you were having such problems in life.

You really ought to turn to God. He'll give you a much more peaceful life, more rewarding, and happier. You'll even be able to communicate with other people without getting yourself all tied up in a knot.

Say a little prayer with me right now:

Dear God,
Please come into XinXan's life right now.
Give him the peace only you can give.
Lead him to everlasting life through Your Son, Jesus.
Please help us with this.
XinXan is a wonderful person.
We would value his time with us throughout all eternity.
Please, oh God. We don't want to lose him.
And, thank You in advance for hearing and helping.
In Jesus Name we call to you... amen.

Cool

Thanks for making it clear that you do not have any arguments and you just wanted to call cops bad for whatever reason. You are either a bad person or stupid, could be both.
legendary
Both are agressive, but if you meant to know who would win i think it's more than obvious.

People compare apples and oranges. I mean, consider their skins. Oranges have much thicker skins. Cops must be oranges.

Cool

No people use the quote ''you are comparing apples to oranges'' when two items or groups of items are compared that cannot be practically compared. Basically like what you did. You can read my post above to fully explain why your post is retarded, I know you ignored it because you don't have an argument for it.

LOL! Actually, I kinda liked your post you are referring to. The fact that you are irritated enough with things I say to badmouth me, shows that I am posting in the right direction.

The idea that cops and ISIS is like comparing apples with oranges, shows the fallacy in the idea that apples and oranges can't be compared. They CAN be compared. Everything can be compared in one way or another.

Wake up, Dude. You need to start thinking if you want a fulfilled life. However, as Solomon said, "The more the wisdom, the more the pain." So, maybe you would rather not wake up so much after all, eh?

Cool

So you can't really refute anything I said, can you? You are just an idiot. Saying cops are bad. Where is your evidence for that, you saw a few news about some cops that shoot innocent people and you can call all cops bad? 0.001% do things that are wrong therefore all cops are bad? Your logic is a joke, just like you, a joke. You can't think, you are just a brainwashed idiot. Maybe you should wake up to reality and stop posting bullshit retard.

Oh, wow. Didn't realize you were having such problems in life.

You really ought to turn to God. He'll give you a much more peaceful life, more rewarding, and happier. You'll even be able to communicate with other people without getting yourself all tied up in a knot.

Say a little prayer with me right now:

Dear God,
Please come into XinXan's life right now.
Give him the peace only you can give.
Lead him to everlasting life through Your Son, Jesus.
Please help us with this.
XinXan is a wonderful person.
We would value his time with us throughout all eternity.
Please, oh God. We don't want to lose him.
And, thank You in advance for hearing and helping.
In Jesus Name we call to you... amen.

Cool

Cool

Cool

legendary

Cool

Cool

Cool

legendary

Cool
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Of course a fucking badecker post. There are approximately 750,000 "cops" in the US, statistically a few of them are going to be bad in terms of sociopathic or psychopathic behavior, but police agencies vet candidates for those traits, so there are far fewer in that population than the general population. Most cops are good people, sheepdogs who are motivated to protect, and underpaid to do it.

The police in the US definitely have a PR problem for a few reasons:

The police are rarely the bearers of good news, so for most people, their interaction with the police is negative for reasons that are their own fault, or at the very least, not the fault of the police
Americans are bi-polar when it comes to police: we sure want them around when the shit goes down, but the other 99.9995% of the time we wish they'd fuck off and not bother us for speeding, parking illegally, and trying to score a dimebag.
Americans have built a shrine to personal responsibility in the temple of public discourse, yet practice none of it, so when most people get a ticket, or busted for whatever crime, they blame the cop, who is unfairly labeled an asshole
Everyone and their mother has a camera, including the police, so any error on the part of the police, no matter how minor, is played out in the news and social media while the police are shredded by the armies of professionally outraged social warriors armed with keyboards and opinions based on over-hyped headlines, ignorance, and their own agendas. 750,000 cops can't fight off tens of millions of idiots who don't want to hear the truth anyway.
What often looks like police brutality is necessary force, but anytime the cops win a fight, it's police brutality. Anytime the cops lose a fight, we cheer. Yet we still expect them find our stolen TV.
The majority of the time a cop does make a mistake or use unnecessary force, it's due to a judgment error or they were operating on bad information, not because they're bad people. Yet in the media, they're instantly labeled a racist, violent, pig before the investigation even starts.
The tiny percentage of cops that are actually bad often are terminated or prosecuted, but a few high profile cases in recent memory where they were not have tainted the public's opinion of how we watch the watchmen.
I'm not saying the police are perfect, there are plenty of active & retired police that will admit the failures of the police. Sometimes you'll get pulled over by an officer that's a bit of an asshole. They're human; they have bad days too, pet peeves, and personalities that clash with the people they interact with. That doesn't make them bad.

Their image in the US and therefore abroad, is entirely focused on a few flecks of shit in a sea of diamonds. The police interact with millions of civilians every day without major incident, policing a huge territory with an armed, anti-authoritarian and often discourteous population for very little pay. The biggest problem with police in the US is the society, not the police themselves.

People are not perfect, cops are people and some of them are going to be bad people, comparing cops to ISIS is just fucking retarded but expected from someone like badecker.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
I don't like the police either but they are a necessity
while isis is not in this world. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
lol what a thread.
US cops are violent that is true,but i think you cannot say that ISIS is better than them lol
Anyway there are many violent cops but not all of them are like this i think,but it is only my opinion.

At least this guy gets it.

People don't understand that in every profession there's going to be some bad eggs in the batch, you can't expect to have clean cut people in every job. Sadly, you're going to get them as well in the Police Force that are a bit too aggressive, maybe too proactive and so on.

But, making a comparison to the US POLICE and a worldwide terrorist organization that makes it their vow to destroy western civilization? That's unreal and that comparison is wildly dumb.

Gosh dude, get a gripe.
legendary
It's sad the fact that some cops are exploit their power and authority.At least they aren't all like this.A policeman's job is to protect the citizen and not to sentence him and use him like a experimental animal.Both of police officers and citizens must respect each other, and cops they aren't compared with terrorists.Police should elimante the terrorism.
Yes I agree with you
The police duty to protect the citizens.
But if isis we all already know that they are the enemy of every country.
And it must be destroyed from the face of this earth.

Because when a cop gets you, you might go to trial. But when the mob (the people) gets you, they'll string you up on the spot. This will cut down on wasted court money, wasted money paying cop salaries, and the bad guys will be taken out rather than only slapped... even though a few of the good guys go down with them because of mistakes the mob makes.

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: