Pages:
Author

Topic: Islamic State 'beheads second US journalist' - page 4. (Read 3083 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 441
September 03, 2014, 09:45:24 AM
Hamas and ISIS are practically indistinguishable. Israel responded appropriately to terrorist attacks. The west needs to respond similarly to ISIS attacks.
Obama gave up the fruits of victory in Iraq and walked away. The foolishness of his badly broken foreign policy is now apparent.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
September 03, 2014, 09:23:02 AM
Israel's massacres against the Palestinians are utterly condemnable and so is the silence of most Western nations but this does not in anyways justify the beheading of people. Such a despicable and disgraceful act.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 03, 2014, 09:18:38 AM
Another US journalist (Steven Sotlof) killed by the IS. Appears to have been murdered by the same individual.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...156273317.html
Of all the things I've heard said about GWB, timid responses were not among them. I doubt anyone considered him overly cautious. He certainly believed in American military adventurism.

However, the basis of Obama's foreign policy seems to be that if it doesn't directly affect American interests, or American citizens, he really doesn't want to interfere too much. These people are essentially forcing him to address people getting murdered specifically because they are American. They are making it his business.
I'm not moved by it. If someone comes to the US, kills a journalist on our soil, films it, posts it, then leaves, we have a problem. But in this case, I can't help but see this as an occupational hazard. This is to say, I don't think it is reasonable to expect US foreign policy to be built around the idea that anyone with an American passport can traipse around the globe and dig into the most awful places, reporting on the most awful people and events, and whoever messes with said passport-holder, that's who we go to war with.
Activity: 364
September 03, 2014, 09:10:57 AM
Another US journalist (Steven Sotlof) killed by the IS. Appears to have been murdered by the same individual.

Of all the things I've heard said about GWB, timid responses were not among them. I doubt anyone considered him overly cautious. He certainly believed in American military adventurism.

However, the basis of Obama's foreign policy seems to be that if it doesn't directly affect American interests, or American citizens, he really doesn't want to interfere too much. These people are essentially forcing him to address people getting murdered specifically because they are American. They are making it his business.
Activity: 448
September 03, 2014, 07:13:11 AM

Pages:
Jump to: