Pages:
Author

Topic: Isn't trading almost like gambling? - page 9. (Read 1331 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
February 26, 2024, 06:08:59 AM
My question is, isn't trading almost like gambling considering it uncertainty and also looking from the fact that he has lost a fortune out of trading within a short space of time?
Trading is not gambling but the risks are almost the same. They are very risky. Most traders are losing. So we can say trading is like gambling.

Some people are good and have strategies to make money than losing. Trading is not the same as gambling for people like that. But generally speaking, trading is like gambling.

Is it possible for him to easily recover his money back or is losses like that very much a part of the trading experience?
A trader should not think about recovering from losses because it is not good to think about losses as it can lead to more losses. He should consider ways to make money and not having losses or a way that the profit will be more than the losses as he continues to trade.

If he continues to trade and not making money from it, he should quit.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 26, 2024, 06:04:35 AM
He will loose it all with this approach.

Tell him to do long term investing instead. However, I feel that he will learn only after loss and you trying to save him is not going to have much impact. Different people but same outcome all the time.
Activity: 154
Merit: 84
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 26, 2024, 05:57:30 AM
Today I visited a friend who is a forex trader, according to him he trades on the USD, gold and BTC and I normally don't fancy the idea of trading because it appears a bit complex for my understanding and from my little knowledge, it seems as though trading is almost same as gambling because at the end of your analysis you're not sure of the outcome of the trade since it's basically a short term adventure and the volatile nature of most traded items depict it to be uncertain with time.

He has lost almost $5000 dollar in course of his trade and he is still positive that he is going to recover all is lost money back in his next trade. I don't really know how trading works that much cause what I have learnt and I have been used to is to Buy a certain asset like the BTC or any valuable asset that will appreciate with time and HODL it. I know that this strategy isn't for someone of his kind that's basically looking for any immediate means of doubling his income and so long term investment won't necessarily seem a good idea for him.

My question is, isn't trading almost like gambling considering it uncertainty and also looking from the fact that he has lost a fortune out of trading within a short space of time?

Is it possible for him to easily recover his money back or is losses like that very much a part of the trading experience?

Pages:
Jump to: