Pages:
Author

Topic: Issue with bitaddress.org 20BTC reward for assistance - page 2. (Read 1474 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I'm just thinking to myself, if you're willing to spend $4800 just to recover the address you created. you must've dumped some real money on that address.
rip lost bitcoin, btw you mind telling us how much you lost?

That is exactly what i was thinking.
OP do you mind telling us how many Bitcoins you sent to that address?
What is the address?
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
I am almost affraid to ask how much you lost, but I have to.
How many coins did you burn?

Also, if you didn't turn off the macbook after the incident, then look for a clipboard tool (using a different system) and see if you can get something out of it.
Your chances are probably zero but it doesn't hurt trying.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Sounds like your coins sent to that address are gone for good if you indeed did not copy the private key.

Bummers man.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001
Bitaddress is made that way, I'm sorry. It would be a better to have copies the private address first. Even with the same entropy you are not going to get the same address in 1 million years.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I'm just thinking to myself, if you're willing to spend $4800 just to recover the address you created. you must've dumped some real money on that address.
rip lost bitcoin, btw you mind telling us how much you lost?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
Did you do it in a Live CD environment or on the installed OS? Either way it's probably impossible to recover, sorry...

Either way, if your offer of 20 BTC still stands you should escrow them. Who knows? Someone might help you somehow...
staff
Activity: 3374
Merit: 6530
Just writing some code
It is not possible to retrieve the private key. Since it was randomized, it will next to impossible to recover the private key.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
20 btc reward for anyone that can assist me here;

I created an offline BTC wallet using a saved version of bitaddress.org html (version 2.76) on an offline macbook air using google chrome version 32.0.1700.77

I did the randomization it generated a new address I saved the public address and sent some coins to that public address, in the  next minute or so I hit "generate new address" by accident and it created a new wallet. I didn't save the private address but already sent the coins to that wallet. Is there any way to retrieve the previous address data? Is it saved in RAM anywhere or perhaps in the java?

Whoever can assist me in this will have 20 btc shipped to them immediately.

Regards

also posted here https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3k0sxc/20_btc_reward_for_bitaddressorg_issue/

Could you please provide the two addresses ?
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
holy shit, that sucks. Im sorry to say this but there's a 100% chance your bitcoins are gone. bitaddress is an open source site. they DO NOT store any information. the only possibilities would be if you copied it, there are some tools online that can recover what you copied to clipboard. but other than that bitaddress keeps no records of anything.  Cry Cry
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
20 btc reward for anyone that can assist me here;

I created an offline BTC wallet using a saved version of bitaddress.org html (version 2.76) on an offline macbook air using google chrome version 32.0.1700.77

I did the randomization it generated a new address I saved the public address and sent some coins to that public address, in the  next minute or so I hit "generate new address" by accident and it created a new wallet. I didn't save the private address but already sent the coins to that wallet. Is there any way to retrieve the previous address data? Is it saved in RAM anywhere or perhaps in the java?

Whoever can assist me in this will have 20 btc shipped to them immediately.

Regards

also posted here https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3k0sxc/20_btc_reward_for_bitaddressorg_issue/
Pages:
Jump to: