Pages:
Author

Topic: Issue with wallet, restoring from seed creates a new wallet. - page 3. (Read 3025 times)

legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564
Is this in-development version of electrum from github? FYI github master is used for development.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
legendary
Hello!
This is a tool that might (emphasis on might) give a more detailed error message on why your password isn't working. It simply displays your Electrum seed if the password is correct, and if not it prints one or more error messages.

If you choose to run it, post the results back here and I'll let you know what I think (it's a Python script which I wrote).

(Obviously, if it reports back any actual seed information, don't post it!)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Downloads\decrypt_electrum_seed-master\decrypt_electrum_seed-master\decrypt_electrum_seed.py", line 217, in
    seed_str, mnemonic_str = decrypt_electrum_seed(wallet_file, get_password)
  File "D:\Downloads\decrypt_electrum_seed-master\decrypt_electrum_seed-master\decrypt_electrum_seed.py", line 121, in decrypt_electrum_seed
    if unicodedata.normalize('NFC', password) != unicodedata.normalize('NFD', password):
TypeError: must be unicode, not str
Activity: 672
Merit: 504
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
This is a tool that might (emphasis on might) give a more detailed error message on why your password isn't working. It simply displays your Electrum seed if the password is correct, and if not it prints one or more error messages.

If you choose to run it, post the results back here and I'll let you know what I think (it's a Python script which I wrote).

(Obviously, if it reports back any actual seed information, don't post it!)
legendary
Hello!
Hey guys, my electrum wallet is no longer working with my password I set. Not really a big deal since I had the seed written down. But... restoring from the seed creates a new wallet with new addresses. Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried restoring previous versions of the wallet file itself, but the password will still not work. Would hate to lose my btc.

Pages:
Jump to: