Pages:
Author

Topic: Issue withdrawing USD from CryptoXChange - RESOLVED - page 2. (Read 3811 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Well I guess I should be glad that I was never able to sign up because I had issues with their website.

I just never had a big reason to use exchange other than MtGox/dwolla since I'm in the U.S to keep things simple with minimal fees.

Hello Litt,

If you're looking for an alternative to Dwolla withdrawal in the states, TradeHill offers free withdrawal via check within the USA.  You can read a short review here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/withdrew-some-from-tradehill-50559

Darren
TradeHill
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Well I guess I should be glad that I was never able to sign up because I had issues with their website.

I just never had a big reason to use exchange other than MtGox/dwolla since I'm in the U.S to keep things simple with minimal fees.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
And how do you feel about them doing it after you endorsing them in your avatar and signature space? Cheesy

Well technically advertising isn't an endorsement but I felt I should try the exchange if I was going to offer ad space.  The selling ad space was more a "civil disobedience" against the Thermos' no banner ads rule.  My first post-ban Avatar was "your ad here 1 BTC per month".  I do guess there is some Karma in getting burned by the same substandard product I was advertising though.  Smiley  
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Crypto X Change
Hi DeathAndTaxes,

We're currently investigating what went wrong with this transfer of yours. Your frustration with this withdraw is very understandable.

Regardless, we will be happy to provide a Gox USD coupon for you to cash out - you are correct this withdraw has taken much too long and we apologize.

One of our support staff was travelling today, which may be why your Live Support request went unanswered. I'm currently available there to chat with you and will make sure you're taken care of.

Regards,
-Crypto X Change
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
That's pretty awful... and I'll stay away from cryptoxchange.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
And how do you feel about them doing it after you endorsing them in your avatar and signature space? Cheesy
Activity: 463
Merit: 252
Have you tried intersango?
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
So despite a $15 fee it seems to be impossible to withdraw currency from that site.  Stupid me I decided I would try using the site.  Despite the slow logins, sometimes buggy interface, and low liquidity I kept at it because honestly I fear the future of Bitcoin with one exchanging controlling 90%+ of the volume.  Honestly it might as well be called Mt Gox coin.

So a week ago I paid the $15 fee (which IMHO is beyond ridiculous) to withdraw ~$400.

Problem #1
They need by driver's license #.  Now I got no problem with companies doing what they must to comply w/ AML statutues but be upfront about it.  Ask me for the info when I create an account not when I am trying to cashout.  Didn't like giving my driver's license number but what choice do I have all my funds are now in ill-liquid USD.

Problem #2
After entering driver's license I get a new error message that my phone details haven't be entered.  I enter that.  Grrr.  I have a feeling I know what will happen next.  Note there was no indication of phone # missing in problem #1.

Problem #3
Yup.  It needs my mailing address.  Ok cancel, cancel, account, profile, enter my mailing address.   Here is an idea how about you ask for everything you need up front to avoid multiple error messages.

Problem #4
Pin wouldn't work.  No problem I can reset me PIN.  Wait if I can reset my PIN that what good does having a PIN do?  Any attacker would need by pwd to login and if they can login they too can reset PIN.  It does nothing (well except keep me from withdrawing funds).

Problem #5
I reset my PIN, tried to use it, got error "invalid pin".  Two online chat w/ customer service got it working w/  PIN that didn't start w/ zero (makes me think PINs are stored internally at integers and thus "0123" becomes "123").

Problem #6
4 days later my status is still "placing".  So much for high fees in return for 24 hour withdraw times.

Problem #7
Online chat is down and email to customer service goes nowhere.  So my request is in "placing".  Anyone know what status "placing" means? Of course not.

Problem #8
Finally Friday evening via Bitcoin talk forum PM I get a hold of the Cryptoxchange rep he assumes me the request will be resubmitted on Monday.  No idea why it didn't work.  They offer to pay me out in Mt. Gox code but stupidly I decline.  Mt Gox -> Dwolla -> Bank is going to be another 4+ days.  In hindsight I should have done it.  Still nothing is going to happen till Monday.

Problem #9
Monday I login and the prior withdraw has been manually canceled.  No email, no Bitcoin talk forum PM.  Just blam my withdraw has been undone.  How do I know manually because the person who did it changed the status to "cancle".  

Problem #10
Tried online chat - keeps saying available but no chat operator every picks up,  tried the "black hole" (support email) with predictable results.  Tried to PM Cryptoxchange rep and get no response all day.

Problem #11
So I am stuck.  The exchange doesn't have sufficient bid liquidity to buy me out.   I can't remove the funds as they only have one "ultra fast"/ultra expensive method which doesn't work.  If it was any other exchange I could simply buy BTC for USD at the ask, transfer BTC to another exchange and sell at the bid.  At most it would cost 1% to 3%.  

Update:
The issue was resolved satisfactorily.  The wire they sent on Monday (at no cost due to the problems I was having) for full USD balance cleared today (Wednesday). 
Hopefully they can get their withdraw issues ironed out because otherwise it was a pretty good exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: