Pages:
Author

Topic: Issues with my new mining setup! Seeking advice - page 2. (Read 2410 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Right guys I've just tried editing the registry however I seem to be getting the same problem, just in case I am doing something completely wrong take a quick look at the screen shot and check that the value is correct.

After creating the registry key, I've rebooted and gone back into device manager, here are the results:

http://i66.tinypic.com/k1v0qt.png

Thanks

My CPU is a Intel Celeron G1840 Processor.  It was recommended on a mining forum.  I don't have a different one to swap with, but I could buy a better one.  Would you suggest an i3?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new One guy found a way how to probably fix it. Go check it out! Smiley

Also thank you smoolae for this interesting share will check this out ASAP !  Smiley
That motherboard with 6x1070 word pretty much out of the box for me.  Start with 1 card.  Install windows.  Install drivers.  Add a gpu, boot computer, WAIT 5 MiNUTES even with an SSD!  I swear windows searches the entire globe for drivers even though you have them installed, so after 5 minutes check device manager and you should have 2 cards.

Repeat this process with each card.  Remember to WAIT after you boot, like an abnormal amount of time, sometimes after 5 minutes or so the new card will be recognized.  Each time you shut down and and a card and reboot it will take a bit to recognize it.

If something doesnt get recognized it is 99% your riser.  there is no QC on those risers and about 5-10% are just bad

Hey man thanks for the reply, interesting to know thank you, I will definitely give this a go and start from scratch if all else fails.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
That motherboard with 6x1070 word pretty much out of the box for me.  Start with 1 card.  Install windows.  Install drivers.  Add a gpu, boot computer, WAIT 5 MiNUTES even with an SSD!  I swear windows searches the entire globe for drivers even though you have them installed, so after 5 minutes check device manager and you should have 2 cards.

Repeat this process with each card.  Remember to WAIT after you boot, like an abnormal amount of time, sometimes after 5 minutes or so the new card will be recognized.  Each time you shut down and and a card and reboot it will take a bit to recognize it.

If something doesnt get recognized it is 99% your riser.  there is no QC on those risers and about 5-10% are just bad
Have you tried manually selecting the driver for the erroring card? ie: right click, select driver, etc?

Also try disabling and then enabling the card a couple of times. Sometimes that jolts them into working (on older ASrock boards anyway)...

If you've installed the drivers several times you might need to ddu them and start again.

Hey thanks for the reply, i've tried this still the same issues.

Holy crap guys...I made progress.  Thanks to the link provided by smoolae, I have 5 cards working.  Only 1 card has the yellow bang now!

Here's a copy/paste of the post from the other post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new

make new key "HackFlags" as (DWORD 32) set value 0x600 as (Hex) in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PnP\Pci\
and reboot.

User q43a0ef061ej provided this information.  Maybe if I fiddle with things a bit more I can get all 6 cards working!?

Hey guys, I figured mine out.  In Device Manager, I selected "View" > "Devices by connection".  The 1 card with a yellow bang was then listed next to an audio device.  I disabled the audio device and IMMEDIATELY the 6th card started working.  Ahhhh thanks everyone for the help.

haggyy, try the registry patch above, then try viewing in Device Manager and disabling any devices in the same connection/folder, I'd like to hear that yours is working...

That's great Russel!!!! So glad to hear that you got all 6 working now!! I will report back i'm going to try and find some time this evening to work on the rig.
Activity: 19
Hey guys, I figured mine out.  In Device Manager, I selected "View" > "Devices by connection".  The 1 card with a yellow bang was then listed next to an audio device.  I disabled the audio device and IMMEDIATELY the 6th card started working.  Ahhhh thanks everyone for the help.

haggyy, try the registry patch above, then try viewing in Device Manager and disabling any devices in the same connection/folder, I'd like to hear that yours is working...
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
AsRock should think about this problem. Because it's affecting only on AsRock motherboards.
Had no problem with Biostar motherboard yet.
Holy crap guys...I made progress.  Thanks to the link provided by smoolae, I have 5 cards working.  Only 1 card has the yellow bang now!

Here's a copy/paste of the post from the other post:

make new key "HackFlags" as (DWORD 32) set value 0x600 as (Hex) in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PnP\Pci\
and reboot.

User q43a0ef061ej provided this information.  Maybe if I fiddle with things a bit more I can get all 6 cards working!?
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
Have you tried manually selecting the driver for the erroring card? ie: right click, select driver, etc?

Also try disabling and then enabling the card a couple of times. Sometimes that jolts them into working (on older ASrock boards anyway)...

If you've installed the drivers several times you might need to ddu them and start again.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
My CPU is a Intel Celeron G1840 Processor.  It was recommended on a mining forum.  I don't have a different one to swap with, but I could buy a better one.  Would you suggest an i3?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2401059.new#new One guy found a way how to probably fix it. Go check it out! Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 252
The processor here there is nothing. I am sure that if you replace it then you have the problem not solved. Error code 12 is a problem with the driver. You need to pay attention to software. If you modified the BIOS of your GPU then you will not fit a standard driver. At me such problem was with one card but after updating the driver everything works fine.
My CPU is a Intel Celeron G1840 Processor.  It was recommended on a mining forum.  I don't have a different one to swap with, but I could buy a better one.  Would you suggest an i3?
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
Maybe this will help you. One guy came up with a solution!
Activity: 462
Merit: 258
Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader
Haggyy,

I have the *EXACT* same problem as you.  I've spent the last 12+ hours debugging to no avail.  I've read every post online umpteen times before I saw your post and realized it was recent.  I see the same blasted Code 12 "not enough free resources" error on my cards.

I'm uisng 6x GTX 1070 cards and 6 powered risers on the AsRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 motherboard.  I have 8GB RAM in my rig and I can tell you the amount of RAM doesn't matter for this issue, probably not worth you upgrading.  My PSU is a Corsair 1200W platinum, not that it matters.
Even though I'm using 6 cards, I had the same problem with fewer cards.  My first 2 cards worked fine so I ordered more.  After I added 2 more cards (total of 4), I could only get some of them working.  When my last 2 cards arrived (total of 6), 4 out of 6 are working.

4 of my cards work great and I can mine on them no problem.  2 of the cards have the yellow bang in Device Manager.  

I also disabled non-essentials in BIOS, changed out risers with working video cards, reloaded Win10 from scratch, checked and re-checked all connections, set virtual memory to 16,384 Mb, set Bios to gen1, NONE of it works.

Both molex plugs are in the mobo.  I also contacted AsRock, they sent me the 1.30 beta Bios and said turn on the "4G Decoding" setting but it didn't work.

This is my first time building a rig and it's working, but at two-thirds hash rate...

I've re-ordered risers to change them out to see if that's the issue since I see some forum users reporting bad risers causing this.  After trying that, I'm going to return the mobo and get a replacement.

Screenshot: http://oi67.tinypic.com/24q67ia.jpg

Have you made any progress?
We may need to start a therapy support group for the pain and suffering caused...

Russell
Set UEFI to IGPU as primary.  Use a dummy plug for that HDMI, do not use dummy plugs for other GPUs.
If that doesn't work, increase the physical RAM to 8GB.

Thanks for the advice man, I've tried setting the IGPU as primary and still get the same issues. (See image below).

http://i65.tinypic.com/2d0ifdc.png

I haven't tried upgrading to another 4GB's worth of RAM, but could this really be the reason? Pretty sure i've seen systems running 6 GPU's on 4GB's of RAM. Its an odd one.

I also RMA'd my motherboard thinking this would be the problem but still the same issues Cry

Really cant think what else to do, really stuck in limbo right now... So stressful for a first time rig loool. Debating to try a completely new motherboard maybe a later generation socket than 1150, really not sure its been a nightmare.
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU.
Pretty borderline for lamers. For Ethereum mining, it has enough overhead. It has reserve even for core-intensive algorithms.
I have a rig consisting of 4x GTX1060 and 1x GTX1050Ti (60% of GTX1060 in both power and performance) overclocked and power-limited, it delivers 110 MH/s draining 510W from the socket. Factoring the PSU efficiency, I estimate the power consumption at 470W for 4.6x 1060.
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
Set UEFI to IGPU as primary.  Use a dummy plug for that HDMI, do not use dummy plugs for other GPUs.
If that doesn't work, increase the physical RAM to 8GB.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
You can try BIOSTAR for LGA 1150 socket, but I think its about the same crapshoot as ASRock
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138436
Pages:
Jump to: