Pages:
Author

Topic: Issues with my new mining setup! Seeking advice - page 3. (Read 2410 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
UPDATE:

Okay, so I've finally heard back from Asrock.. They attached a later version of the BIOS to me on an email (V1.30B).

Weirdly their latest version that I could find on their website was V1.20B which is currently the one my motherboard is flashed to. They have also now told me that this later version has the "4G Decoding" feature in the settings.. Lips sealed !!

I am going to flash the BIOS later tonight when I have some free time and with a bit of luck I am praying this will resolve everything. I will keep you all updated with the progress!

Glad you actually got some help from Asrock.  Good luck with the flash.

Well to no surprise the flash to the later BIOS didn't work with 4G encoding enabled, I've emailed them back to see if there are any other solutions.  Embarrassed

I've also ordered 3 more PCI risers (molex) type to see if some bizarre reason this will fix it. If that doesn't work then i'm going to RMA the board and try again.

If all else fails I will buy a different motherboard completely, do you guys have any good suggestions on a decent mining socket 1150 board?
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
UPDATE:

Okay, so I've finally heard back from Asrock.. They attached a later version of the BIOS to me on an email (V1.30B).

Weirdly their latest version that I could find on their website was V1.20B which is currently the one my motherboard is flashed to. They have also now told me that this later version has the "4G Decoding" feature in the settings.. Lips sealed !!

I am going to flash the BIOS later tonight when I have some free time and with a bit of luck I am praying this will resolve everything. I will keep you all updated with the progress!

Glad you actually got some help from Asrock.  Good luck with the flash.
UPDATE:

Think google might have found a solution for you.
Go into the bios try to find
TOLUD "Top Of Lower Usable Dram"
set it to 3.5G

its somewhere under PCI-e where the integretaed graphic is also set......

Hey bro, already tried looking for this setting, its no where to be seen within the BIOS  Embarrassed

Think google might have found a solution for you.
Go into the bios try to find
TOLUD "Top Of Lower Usable Dram"
set it to 3.5G

its somewhere under PCI-e where the integretaed graphic is also set......

I know the stress when shit like this happens! Being a student and after building a mining rig that doesn't POST with the hard earned money... Had times like You do right now, just spent days to get something to work. But in the end things worked out, they usually do! Wink

We can only hope my friend..  Cheesy

Really appreciating the input from everyone that is trying to help.. Keep them coming please!
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
Use your IGPU and test each pcie slot individually to see if you just have faulty pcie slots.

Interesting, I wouldn't quite know how to do that though is there a simple way?

1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU. Efficiency is better and You can have a nice night sleep knowing that You aren't pushing Your PSU too hard)
Try GEN2 on Your PCI-E lanes.

That is very true!! and yes I tried Gen 2 a still problems with the 3rd GPU  Cry

I really don't know what else to try, I completed another fresh install of windows thinking it would be maybe a reg key that had got corrupt but yeah didn't work..

Debating to buy 3 more PCI risers and possibly RMA the motherboard for a new one or different one..

I've tried to reach out to Asrock but they haven't got back to me yet. Its so frustrating because this motherboard is meant to be a mining board, I wasn't expecting any of these problems...

I RMAd one of my H81 MOBOs on 20.09 (no POST) and I haven't heard anything about it from then... It seems that a lot of AsRock H81 Pro boards are faulty in some stupid way Angry
Hope everything works out for You and You can get a new MOBO fast if this problem doesn't get fixed!

Thats crazy, im glad you managed to get that sorted!! And thanks, I've literally spent nearly 12 hours today to try resolve this, have never been so stressed in such a long time haha. I think I will literally just RMA the board at this rate. Praying that will solve the issue.

I've had some problems with the exact same PCIe riser you're using

Don't know why, but I never made it work properly, I have to change to this kind of risers (Molex risers) :

Never explained why  Huh

No way really, did you have the same issue as me? Or was it something slightly different, I am also debating to just purchase 3 new PCI risers to see if this would actually make any difference

I know the stress when shit like this happens! Being a student and after building a mining rig that doesn't POST with the hard earned money... Had times like You do right now, just spent days to get something to work. But in the end things worked out, they usually do! Wink
Use your IGPU and test each pcie slot individually to see if you just have faulty pcie slots.

Checked this, everything seems okay here

1000w PSU is pretty borderline for mining with 6 card rig, to be honest (Always give yourself headroom with PSU. Efficiency is better and You can have a nice night sleep knowing that You aren't pushing Your PSU too hard)

That is very true!! and yes I tried Gen 2 a still problems with the 3rd GPU  Cry

I really don't know what else to try, I completed another fresh install of windows thinking it would be maybe a reg key that had got corrupt but yeah didn't work..

Debating to buy 3 more PCI risers and possibly RMA the motherboard for a new one or different one..

I've tried to reach out to Asrock but they haven't got back to me yet. Its so frustrating because this motherboard is meant to be a mining board, I wasn't expecting any of these problems...

I RMAd one of my H81 MOBOs on 20.09 (no POST) and I haven't heard anything about it from then... It seems that a lot of AsRock H81 Pro boards are faulty in some stupid way Angry
Hope everything works out for You and You can get a new MOBO fast if this problem doesn't get fixed!

Thats crazy, im glad you managed to get that sorted!! And thanks, I've literally spent nearly 12 hours today to try resolve this, have never been so stressed in such a long time haha. I think I will literally just RMA the board at this rate. Praying that will solve the issue.

Don't know why, but I never made it work properly, I have to change to this kind of risers (Molex risers) : https://www.geewiz.co.za/54639-large_default/pcie-pci-e-usb-riser-card-molex-and-sata-powered-gpu-mining-1x-16x.jpg

Never explained why  Huh

No way really, did you have the same issue as me? Or was it something slightly different, I am also debating to just purchase 3 new PCI risers to see if this would actually make any difference
Activity: 403
Merit: 101

Don't know why, but I never made it work properly, I have to change to this kind of risers (Molex risers) :

Never explained why  Huh

That's also a shoot worth taking!

That is very true!! and yes I tried Gen 2 a still problems with the 3rd GPU  Cry

Hello,

At which speed did you configure your GPU ? Try to put them in PCI Express "Gen1" in the BIOS

It could also be your PSU not big enough, but 1000W should be OK for 3*GTX 1060...

Which generation of risers is it ? Which color ?

Hey, man, speed is set to Gen1 in the BIOS, I worked out a 1000W PSU should be enough to power 6 x 1060's.
These are the risers I purchased from amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074CSZSSD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The build quality of them do not seem to bad, they all work, but do you think these could be a reason why the 3 GPU's are not working in unison?

There is a setting called "Share Memory" and it is originally on"Auto". I haven't ever really checked what does it too, but maybe it is the same as TOLUD? Maybe You can change it to something better?

In BIOS go Advanced\Chipset Configuration and find "Share Memory"

Maybe, just maybe it helps...

Hey man, interesting I will give that a go and report back asap.

UPDATE: Tried multiple settings but with no luck  Cry
Activity: 403
Merit: 101
Hello,

At which speed did you configure your GPU ? Try to put them in PCI Express "Gen1" in the BIOS

It could also be your PSU not big enough, but 1000W should be OK for 3*GTX 1060...

Which generation of risers is it ? Which color ?
There is a setting called "Share Memory" and it is originally on"Auto". I haven't ever really checked what does it too, but maybe it is the same as TOLUD? Maybe You can change it to something better?

In BIOS go Advanced\Chipset Configuration and find "Share Memory"

Maybe, just maybe it helps...
Only thing left I can think of is did you plug in the molex power connectors to the mobo?  You shouldnt need them if you are using powered risers, but mobo's can be picky.

I did indeed, I've plugged both 4 pin molex connectors in by the PCI slots even though the risers I am using are powered ones, i've tried both with them plugged in and without them plugged in.  Cry
Only thing left I can think of is did you plug in the molex power connectors to the mobo?  You shouldnt need them if you are using powered risers, but mobo's can be picky.
I don't use an activated windows 10 and run 8 GPU's just fine.  So you never did mention if you disabled everything in bios and made sure everything was set properly.  You should really look up the settings you need to activate/disable as they can hog up pci lanes that could contribute to the error you have.

Hey man, yeah I believe that this particular motherboard is very limited in what you can turn off and turn on, due to it being a "mining" motherboard there isn't really to much I can change as its meant to be preset ready with certain features already enabled or disabled. The only main thing I can change is the PCIe speed to Gen 1 or Gen 2 in which I have tried changing a few times to see if it has made a difference, but the problem still persists.
Pages:
Jump to: