Pages:
Author

Topic: it is getting hot ... summer's gonna be tought for gpu's - page 2. (Read 2045 times)

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199
I decided to add one big vent for each farm and +1 mini vent to each GPU... This have to keep me cool in summer - don't want my shit to burn Grin

Yes good choice.
it should give to you a nice cool air during those hot summers days ...
Your rigs will say thanks to you Smiley
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
I decided to add one big vent for each farm and +1 mini vent to each GPU... This have to keep me cool in summer - don't want my shit to burn Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
The thought is among economists who "have a clue" about digital currency, that alternative coins function as "hot spares" to bitcoin and to some extent thus increase confidence in bitcoin, if there is a freely exchanged alternate that can be used should there be a serious problem with bitcoin. This should be true I believe for the leading 2 or 3 coins on each alternative proof of work method.

They have some value in that by utilising different parameters with the same bitcoin code, that they stretch things to limits which bitcoin will not see for several years, in terms of number of blocks etc, so should there be a bug, maybe the counter zeroes on block 32,000 or something strange, then it's discovered before it damages bitcoin.

I think they also have value in pointing out the wise/safe choices made for bitcoin, every alt with 1000s of coins block reward, and billions total, that fails, "proves" that a 21 million coin cap is more sensible than that, and voids the argument "there shoulda oughta have been more bitcoins", thus again strengthening confidence in bitcoin.

Then also I do think they have value in the "pocket change" type economy, which I think bitcoin will "grow out of" as it were.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I'd imagine were just talking about GPU's in general and thus mainly alt mining.

Oh ok. I never got into all that altcoin mining stuff because in my view that is even MORE niche than bitcoin and while you slowly see "mainstream" services to start accepting bitcoin I am realist enough to know that the "mainstream" population and therefor the "mainstream" services will surely not go through the hassle of handling the quadrillion (slight exaggeration, but thats what it looks like) of essentially never needed - or harshly put: essentially useless - alternative cryptocurrencies in addition to bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I'll use my GPUs for playing ESO this summer and have my newly bought USB ASIC miner mining at four times the speed my two 5750s could reach with only 1/30 of the power consumption.

After revisitting GPU ming a few days ago I can't see how anyone is still seriously mining BTC with GPUs. Unless of course the new radeon cards are hashing at like double to trple speed compared to the 7ks.

Altcoins might be another story, but last time I checked that it was even less profitable than mining BTC.

I'd imagine were just talking about GPU's in general and thus mainly alt mining.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I'll use my GPUs for playing ESO this summer and have my newly bought USB ASIC miner mining at four times the speed my two 5750s could reach with only 1/30 of the power consumption.

After revisitting GPU ming a few days ago I can't see how anyone is still seriously mining BTC with GPUs. Unless of course the new radeon cards are hashing at like double to trple speed compared to the 7ks.

Altcoins might be another story, but last time I checked that it was even less profitable than mining BTC.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
Last year my GPU rig only really had to go off when it got solidly over 32C/90F which was 3 or 4 times... I think it survived a "dry" 33-34C peak on a couple of occasions, not because it could sweat better like humans, but because I think the air is a tad thinner at higher humidities, which pushed it over the edge a degree sooner.

I actually have more problems this time of year with wide temperature fluctuations, the ventilation control system is monkey in the loop technology.
legendary
Or just move to somewhere where its freezing all the time  Cheesy

Well you can put them to the freezer Tongue
and make Rig Ice creams Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Or just move to somewhere where its freezing all the time  Cheesy
legendary
Of course! You'd also better to use air condition to cool down GPU's! Otherwise...well,  could only wish you luck not to burn it and loose everything!

Indeed there is possibility Smiley

Depend how huge rig you ve got there Smiley
Activity: 439
Merit: 10
 Of course! You'd also better to use air condition to cool down GPU's! Otherwise...well,  could only wish you luck not to burn it and loose everything!
legendary
Hi ... it's getting hot ... will you use air condition to cool down gpu's or will you try to "survive" with underclocking?

Hehe Smiley for miners air conditioning is very important Smiley
Winter time you can not see a prob, but summer time it will show ...
You need to cool down your mining device if you do not want to burn them Smiley
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hi ... it's getting hot ... will you use air condition to cool down gpu's or will you try to "survive" with underclocking?
Pages:
Jump to: