Pages:
Author

Topic: It is not a bubble - page 2. (Read 398 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 109
November 21, 2017, 06:00:53 AM
but I sincerely think that it is the safest place for bet and trading that we currently have.

Why do you think that?

In the housing bubble, at least there was a lower limit to the drop because there was a physical asset (the house and land) to stop the drop in value

In the dotcom bubble, at least there was a lower limit to the drop because there were companies actually providing goods or services to stop the drop in value

In the Bitcoin bubble there is ..... nothing......

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
November 21, 2017, 05:58:14 AM
What you say is true..

And it is also actually sad because things are bouncing back. Banks are entitled to make whatever investment they wish and housing prices are not bind (wheter up or down).

But I guess that you think the same about the bitcoin, right? The difference here is that there are technical and computational limits that cannot be ignored by people, even though they are rich, influencial, powerful or the 3 at a time. I do not say that bitcoin can make everybody rich, but I sincerely think that it is the safest place for bet and trading that we currently have.
Activity: 238
Merit: 109
November 21, 2017, 05:52:53 AM
"It is not a bubble" is what we hear every time from people invested in an asset hoping it will make them rich.

Before the dotcom bubble burst, dotcom shares were not a bubble said the people investing in shares. It can only go up they said. NASDAQ is going to the moon and will reach 100.000. They said. And then they lost.

Before the housing price bubble burst, house prices were not a bubble said people who were borrowing more and more money. It can only go up they said, because there will never be more land. They said. And then they lost.

It is so predictable that it is sad.

Pages:
Jump to: