Pages:
Author

Topic: It Takes 14 Million Android Phones to Earn One Bitcoin - page 3. (Read 2891 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
Mobile Mining Number Crunch
The numbers say it all. Lookout's researchers calculated that if you're mining for 24 solid hours on a Samsung Galaxy SIII, you'd only earn .00000007 Bitcoin or $0.00004473. In order to make just one Bitcoin in a day, Lookout says you'd need 14,285,714 phones working full-tilt simultaneously.

Bitcoins are hugely valuable (over $600USD per Bitcoin), and therefore require huge resources to mine. But even less valuable cryptocurrency, like Litecoin, are beyond the reach of mobile miners. If you took 3,752 SIII phones and let them work for 24 hours, you'd end up with a single Litecoin which is worth a paltry $8 USD.

These 2 paragraphs are all you need to make you stop reading the article.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Hey guys, I heard it takes 140 million breast-strokes to cross the Atlantic Ocean.

Am I doin it wrong ?? ?

u should be using butterfly
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
Hey guys, I heard it takes 140 million breast-strokes to cross the Atlantic Ocean.

Am I doin it wrong ?? ?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Now that's just plain and simple stupid. Mobile mining....
Mobile devices are really not designed to be making these large amounts of calculations that are necessary to mine SHA-256 coins. They are designed to do a more wide array of things.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029
Now that's just plain and simple stupid. Mobile mining....
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

today it takes just as many pickaxes strikes to the dirt to get an an ounce of gold.

so get with the programme and use the proper equipment to do an efficiant job.

it costs less electric to mine a bitcoin with an asic, that with a CPU or GPU or FPGA.

imagine if ASICS were not invented, or JCB excavators were not invented, the blood tears sweat and arguments of inefficiency would be much worse.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Live News
Pages:
Jump to: