Pages:
Author

Topic: It took only 11 days to go from 639 to 1148 last time - page 5. (Read 6401 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100
It will be an awesome moment to cherish if it happens again. So many bitcoins would get exchanged. Many would become rich. Investors would be more happy with their profits. I would buy more bitcoins now if this is said to be happening in 2017. I have few bitcoins lying in my wallets as i have just started to earn it. It would be more interesting to earn more from many other sources.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213
Anything could be possible with bitcoin. As described in a few day's time the price have increased enormously at the same it can decrease suddenly to very small values. For this reason I expect a stabilized gradual growth to happen than sudden peak rise.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I've been waiting for 3 months for the price to reach $750 as I bought over $100 at that price and it hasn't even reach $700 since 2-3 months. I just hope to see the price going up now as it's already $640 now and it's increasing daily. Halving too did not manage to pump the price and hence I'm not sure about the price now.

That's sucks. I know I bought a lot at 600 dollars and had to wait for years to even come close to that price. Now the price is above 600 and i am holding like ever.
Because at this point in time 600 dollars won't cut it for me.
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
I've been waiting for 3 months for the price to reach $750 as I bought over $100 at that price and it hasn't even reach $700 since 2-3 months. I just hope to see the price going up now as it's already $640 now and it's increasing daily. Halving too did not manage to pump the price and hence I'm not sure about the price now.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1253
Cashback 15%
it is not going to happen this time, not yet.

eventually we will see another rise like that, but at the moment it's not possible because we're still not done with that stupid debate.

I agree just what the other person said, way back it was an unknown entity, so it was a surprise when they saw bitcoin gaining grounds, then they all  jump in it without analyzing or thinking.  But now people already bitcoin and more probably cautious on what to act when they see bitcoin price increasing.  It may surpass the previous ATH but i don't think it is this year.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
If just a few of the filthy rich decide to park a very tiny fraction of their wealth in Bitcoin we will pass the old ATH pretty quick.

they didn't get filthy rich by becoming greater fools and enriching the people here. if they really want in then we'll see all kinds of weird techniques to avoid inflating the price. otc will explode and maybe they'll play some exchange games to hammer the price.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I don't think that bitcoin will hit the thousand mark for some time. Unless it is there is an increased use of it around the world, I believe it will just slowly but steadily grow. As long as there is no other exchange that is hacked it should reach it by Q2 2017.

The $1000 range can be broken extremely fast.Let an ETF get an approval and Wall-Street money flood in and you will see the $1000+ in no time at all!
And no bigger increase of user adoption is needed to reach that goal.
If just a few of the filthy rich decide to park a very tiny fraction of their wealth in Bitcoin we will pass the old ATH pretty quick.
I'm sure 2017 can be the year where we see the 4 figures in terms of BTC's price again.
The few filthy rich people can even buy all the bitcoins in circulation but I don't think they will jump into bitcoin unless it becomes big on its own.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014
I don't think that bitcoin will hit the thousand mark for some time. Unless it is there is an increased use of it around the world, I believe it will just slowly but steadily grow. As long as there is no other exchange that is hacked it should reach it by Q2 2017.

The $1000 range can be broken extremely fast.Let an ETF get an approval and Wall-Street money flood in and you will see the $1000+ in no time at all!
And no bigger increase of user adoption is needed to reach that goal.
I'm sure 2017 can be the year where we see the 4 figures in terms of BTC's price again.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 578
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
We have a lot of people who got burnt, when they jumped in when the price reached $1000. Those people are still waiting for the price to reach those levels

I find that very hard to believe.  No newbie sits at a loss for over three years.  They'd double down or abandon it. And hardly anyone will have paid the absolute peak price for all their coin.

Everyone saying Bitcoin can never pump again because it's  mature or everyone knows about it is talking out of their ass. The only reason it hasn't pumped is because there hasn't been any demand for it.

I read a few posts by newbies dumping their Bitcoins at a loss after jumping in when the price reached $1000. I don't think many held them for years. Most newbies bought at $1000 to buy the altcoins that were pumping after Bitcoin's pump. That helped keep the price above $900 for most of December and January after Bitcoin reached $1000. Bitcoin pumped fast but didn't dump fast, whereas the altcoins often got pumped and dumped within a day. If Bitcoin pumps like that again it will probably hold a new high value for months after.

nobody cares about what newbies are doing because they are doing it with a very small amount of money , and in fact that is why they are called newbies otherwise you would have called them financial geniuses!

besides the reason why price stayed up was the manipulation with combination of hype and i don't really understand why we are talking about this in 2016 since EVERYTHING has CHANGED since that time.
instead of counting the days to a pump and hoping for it, you should start hoping this never happens because it never lasts and unless you are watching the price 24/7 you will surely miss out on selling your coins because price in a bubble will drop faster than rising.
We should hope that this never happens as a bubble but we should hope that it happens due to good buying support.
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
We have a lot of people who got burnt, when they jumped in when the price reached $1000. Those people are still waiting for the price to reach those levels

I find that very hard to believe.  No newbie sits at a loss for over three years.  They'd double down or abandon it. And hardly anyone will have paid the absolute peak price for all their coin.

Everyone saying Bitcoin can never pump again because it's  mature or everyone knows about it is talking out of their ass. The only reason it hasn't pumped is because there hasn't been any demand for it.

I read a few posts by newbies dumping their Bitcoins at a loss after jumping in when the price reached $1000. I don't think many held them for years. Most newbies bought at $1000 to buy the altcoins that were pumping after Bitcoin's pump. That helped keep the price above $900 for most of December and January after Bitcoin reached $1000. Bitcoin pumped fast but didn't dump fast, whereas the altcoins often got pumped and dumped within a day. If Bitcoin pumps like that again it will probably hold a new high value for months after.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
instead of counting the days to a pump and hoping for it, you should start hoping this never happens because it never lasts and unless you are watching the price 24/7 you will surely miss out on selling your coins because price in a bubble will drop faster than rising.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Before you are thinking about selling, think twice. Bitcoin can pump insanely high since the marketcap is really small and it can potentially go to 100.000+ per coin long term, so 600 to 1000 is absolutely nothing.

The next months will be fun.
you are true , but in my opinion the price will not cross $700/btc .
still your suggestion is much appreciable because it is the time to hold btc not to sell .
Its definitely not the time to sell your bitcoins now, We might only see an increase in the bitcoin market price unless some major bad news comes.
i'm with you buds i don't see possible reason to make it fall down and the market keep showing strength so better
to keep buying and holding it or if wiser that much try playing it inside alt trading while waiting for it to grow more.
Playing with altcoin trading is very risky unless your an experienced trader so I don't think its good for everyone.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

Before you are thinking about selling, think twice. Bitcoin can pump insanely high since the marketcap is really small and it can potentially go to 100.000+ per coin long term, so 600 to 1000 is absolutely nothing.

still your suggestion is much appreciable because it is the time to hold btc not to sell .
Its definitely not the time to sell your bitcoins now, We might only see an increase in the bitcoin market price unless some major bad news comes.
i'm with you buds i don't see possible reason to make it fall down and the market keep showing strength so better
to keep buying and holding it or if wiser that much try playing it inside alt trading while waiting for it to grow more.

Activity: 882

eventually we will see another rise like that, but at the moment it's not possible because we're still not done with that stupid debate.
Yeah it will be a long time before we see a rise like that but I might be wrong about it.

Are you talking about the bitcoin block size debate?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
it doesn't matter how long it took for the big rise in the past and it really doesn't matter what the price was in the last time a rise this big happened.

today is a new day and it can not be compared with the past since a lot of things has changed since that last time of big bitcoin rally.
Pages:
Jump to: