Pages:
Author

Topic: Ive been scammed, someone please help me. - page 4. (Read 4913 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100
So I guess this is what I get for trying to restore my faith in people, I get fucked over. I have just been scammed by a member on here for BTC0.1652.

To many people that may not seem like a lot. But for that money I have to work 10 hours, 10 hours for someone who gets a kick taking advantage of people.

I was just trying to do honest business and I thought I could work with this guy. I even sent him more than I initially told him. I told him I would send half first, he sends the whole $100 thorough WU, then I pay him the other half after.

Instead, after he sent me "confirmation" that he sent payment, I decided to be nice and send the other half. I go out of my way to pick up money which isnt even waiting for me. I dont know what to do anymore.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do.  You can try reporting the theft to you local law enforcement, but they probably aren't going to be much help.

What was the address that you sent the bitcoins to?

In the future, when engaging in a transaction with someone that you aren't sure if you can trust, use escrow.  There are several escrow providers that have established a trustworthy reputation in this thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-bitcointalks-escrow-providers-ranking-blacklist-avoid-scam-276897

1KAQ1qPcGPrzLuddSnc9mn95tpXb7HrDqZ
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 4794
So I guess this is what I get for trying to restore my faith in people, I get fucked over. I have just been scammed by a member on here for BTC0.1652.

To many people that may not seem like a lot. But for that money I have to work 10 hours, 10 hours for someone who gets a kick taking advantage of people.

I was just trying to do honest business and I thought I could work with this guy. I even sent him more than I initially told him. I told him I would send half first, he sends the whole $100 thorough WU, then I pay him the other half after.

Instead, after he sent me "confirmation" that he sent payment, I decided to be nice and send the other half. I go out of my way to pick up money which isnt even waiting for me. I dont know what to do anymore.

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do.  You can try reporting the theft to you local law enforcement, but they probably aren't going to be much help.

What was the address that you sent the bitcoins to?

In the future, when engaging in a transaction with someone that you aren't sure if you can trust, use escrow.  There are several escrow providers that have established a trustworthy reputation in this thread here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-bitcointalks-escrow-providers-ranking-blacklist-avoid-scam-276897
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Don't beat yourself up. I have been scammed for much more. Chalk it up to lesson learned. Sorry for your loss though I know how bad it sucks.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
trading via private messages with someone you cant grab hold of to slap their face or even know enough real life credible details to send a court order too...im just speachless!

remember bitcoin does not need trust as bitcoin is secured by maths. but users.. USERS need to gain trust of each other and USERS need to do some proper due diligence before sending money.

remember this next time.
if someone walked by you on the street and said "if you give me $100, ill walk to this shop and get you $120 worth of xyz.". would you do it?

think about that long and hard. then think, if he wasnt stood infront of you, knowing he could walk away.. but was sending you an email, where you never even see his face or know where he is from, would you do it then?

unless you know someone well dont do person-to-person trades unless it is using escrow. even localbitcoin can escrow the bitcoins and allow you to check a western union payment is received for you to then authorize the payment to forward on to the recipient.

why oh why do people still do private trades with strangers without escrow.. the mind boggles
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
$100 for 10 hours? Give me what you're smoking. Seriously though, In my country people work for $3000 a YEAR and some for $15 a day, you get much more than this. Still, sorry you got scammed.
Activity: 211
Merit: 101
Don't think of it as wasted money, think of it as tuition for the School of Hard Knocks.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
don't trust humanity again
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
a cheap learning lesson for you. bitcoin payments are irreversible, so you always have to look out for yourself. don't trust strangers, because there is no good reason to.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
send BTC ?
lost BTC.

no chargeback.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: