Pages:
Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 11. (Read 631708 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 10
June 21, 2016, 09:44:33 AM

IMPORTANT:

Ok, Thomas is not responding and we have to deal with the premine issue somehow. 

The best solution seems to be to blacklist the unredeemed addresses to which Thomas mined to, forever killing the premine. 

The problem with this is the fact we would be blacklisting his premine addresses.  Given it's the premine we're blacklisting, would everyone be ok with that?  I know people freak out when they hear certain buzzwords like blacklist. 

Say something now cause this has to be done soon to shut everyone up about the premine. 

Regards,

Vlad

With all due respect Vlad, why are you and other people bothering with the premine? Everybody and his grandma had more than enough time to buy significantly more than this 650k. At a very low price. And there were large blocks of 150 - 200k sold not so long ago.

What is more concerning at present is the mining power. Just look what happened to DVC hashrate. No any sane miner will mine for nothing, even if its merged mining. Trust me on that. As a former miner I can tell you that every 0,01% counts.

So my personal opinion is: we should leave the premine as it is and concentrate on client updates and especialy mining power. TX fee is a must if we want miners to continue. I think I don't need to mention what will happen when cex stops mining IXC...

Regards
Activity: 708
Merit: 500
June 21, 2016, 09:24:04 AM
Biblical!
Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
June 21, 2016, 08:49:03 AM

The truth making you mad bro?

irate!!

You're gonna ~Feel the Signal! soon, bro!   Grin

donator
Activity: 668
June 21, 2016, 08:02:17 AM

You guys are so funny.  Stealing some coins, thinking you can offer a bounty in IXC worth more than a lunch?  It's dead, move on.  You bought a turd, it can't be polished.  Switch to BTC while it'll still pull a satoshi.

I really wanna kick this guy in his nuts but I can't - cause I know the meaning of his name [and he's on a different continent].
The truth making you mad bro?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 21, 2016, 02:19:35 AM
The mental giants who would even attempt to 'hard fork' this coin don't know how to code, don't have hash power to hijack the network , ect ect ect......

Do you have a better solution to dealing with the premine?  Maybe you're close to some bankers that can lend us the money so we can do it right [so we can all be kings for a day].  Wink
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
June 20, 2016, 09:10:47 PM

All things are possible!!!

I dunno what this 777 - 'all things are possible' is but look at the page number: currently 333 - something is definitely going on here.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
June 20, 2016, 08:58:57 PM
The mental giants who would even attempt to 'hard fork' this coin don't know how to code, don't have hash power to hijack the network , ect ect ect......

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 07:58:53 PM

You guys are so funny.  Stealing some coins, thinking you can offer a bounty in IXC worth more than a lunch?  It's dead, move on.  You bought a turd, it can't be polished.  Switch to BTC while it'll still pull a satoshi.

I really wanna kick this guy in his nuts but I can't - cause I know the meaning of his name [and he's on a different continent].
donator
Activity: 668
June 20, 2016, 07:15:16 PM

Community Fund Raiser:

Alright, this is CRUCIAL!

For 2 years I've tried to pull some top Bitcoin core devs to IX.  Of course they said no since they saw my ideas about Bitcoin having a design flaw as insane.  But now it's clear to everyone that I was correct and that SIDECHAINS are gonna play a major role in helping Bitcoin scale and innovate.

That said, I'm gonna try again and I feel like IX can get at least a few top devs from Bitcoin.

Problem is, these devs have something similar to stock options as part of their contracts.  They have Bitcoins locked in and so it's only fair to offer them IXcoin's as part of any employment package we offer them.

Therefore, I am doing a 50k IX fund raiser to help pay for some of the best devs in cryptoworld.  If I fail then obviously you'll get your IX back but failure sucks BAD so I fully expect to get through to these guys this time.

I lost everything in Cryptsy but I have been slowly buying some ixc back so allow me to start the fund with my donation of 15,777 IX. 

We can really do this - give what you can so we can do it together, as a community!

Regards,

Vlad

Donation address:  xj65Aseif8XggWnT36nhErjGFsTbysFoUR

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 05:13:15 PM

Community Fund Raiser:

Alright, this is CRUCIAL!

For 2 years I've tried to pull some top Bitcoin core devs to IX.  Of course they said no since they saw my ideas about Bitcoin having a design flaw as insane.  But now it's clear to everyone that I was correct and that SIDECHAINS are gonna play a major role in helping Bitcoin scale and innovate.

That said, I'm gonna try again and I feel like IX can get at least a few top devs from Bitcoin.

Problem is, these devs have something similar to stock options as part of their contracts.  They have Bitcoins locked in and so it's only fair to offer them IXcoin's as part of any employment package we offer them.

Therefore, I am doing a 50k IX fund raiser to help pay for some of the best devs in cryptoworld.  If I fail then obviously you'll get your IX back but failure sucks BAD so I fully expect to get through to these guys this time.

I lost everything in Cryptsy but I have been slowly buying some ixc back so allow me to start the fund with my donation of 15,777 IX. 

We can really do this - give what you can so we can do it together, as a community!

Regards,

Vlad

Donation address:  xj65Aseif8XggWnT36nhErjGFsTbysFoUR

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
June 20, 2016, 05:12:27 PM
I've sent 1 iX to faucet but doesn't show any confirms. Undecided

Edit: No problems guys. It actually did go through all the way. I'm happy now  Cheesy
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 03:14:24 PM

Anybody with a solid rep wanna volunteer to code this fork?

I'll work on getting the miners to reach "consensus".  We only do 100% consensus around here.  Smiley
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 02:43:01 PM

All things are possible!!!

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 02:26:35 PM
Check this out:

The ANN was made on august 10

The 9th there was no mined blocks.

Safely we can consider all the blocks up to 6050 as premine.

It looks like, apart a very few isolated cases looking more like tests, the premine is still there, untouched.

it means that backlisting the first 6050 blocks, we get rid of all the premine.

http://darkgamex.ch:2751/chain/ixcoin?count=6052&hi=6051

For some reason I always assumed Thomas never touched the premine but rather chose to pay out of pocket for bounties.  That's what I would have done to prove the premine wasn't a get rich scam.

But check this out:

Why blacklist anything which would set such a bad precedent.  Those coins belong to the community so can we figure out a way to put them into a massive mega-faucet? 
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 01:29:28 PM
Lol, ixcoin can't get an update passed by the miners, so a fork has zero chance in hell.

You could try burning your coins and start ixcoin 2.0

Maybe you can convince the majority of ixcoin holders to move ova, but again, you will need miners to support this new coin.

Also no one knows how many ixcoin have not been "lost"

Good luck!

iXcoin 2.0 isn't the best option - we would lose part of our original identity.

The miners will play ball - we just have to find the best solution so we don't create another, potentially bigger, problem. 
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
June 20, 2016, 01:08:33 PM
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar!

Wonderful idea.

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
June 20, 2016, 12:52:30 PM
Lol, ixcoin can't get an update passed by the miners, so a fork has zero chance in hell.

You could try burning your coins and start ixcoin 2.0

Maybe you can convince the majority of ixcoin holders to move ova, but again, you will need miners to support this new coin.

Also no one knows how many ixcoin have not been "lost"

Good luck!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 12:51:17 PM

What do you look to accomplish by doing this?

When I have talked to guys like Brock Pierce one major objection they had regarding iXcoin is the premine.  It's something that won't go away.  Personally I don't get it since many top coins have had massive premines and nobody has cared, but that's the way it is.

So I hope to remove the one hurdle [the premine] we still have which may prevent us from signing major partners or bringing in top talent.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 20, 2016, 12:48:18 PM

Question: are the unredeem coins really 'his'?

No, the premine, as outlined by Thomas himself, belongs to the community. 
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
June 20, 2016, 12:37:52 PM

And we do a hard fork like Eth?

Not sure a hard fork is needed but it definitely made me think of ETH and the backlash they're getting over there. 

I would prefer a better solution but one isn't coming to mind.  Anyone have a better suggestion? 

What do you look to accomplish by doing this?
Pages:
Jump to: