Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 126. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
August 21, 2014, 05:01:48 PM
Where can I buy this coin?

and why is ixcoin.org not updated?

"Ixcoin maturity will be reached ~18 years before Bitcoin's. By mid-2013, the number of IXC and BTC will reach parity (for a brief moment). "

The best place to buy it is Cryptsy and CEX.io.  I would stay away from Vircurex.

Also, Bitcoin will not be mature for another ~100 years. That's a massive drawback.  The 18 year deal is when BTC will have ~99% of all its coins mined which most people just assume that's full maturity which from a block propagation point of view it is not, just like i0Coin right now is not fully mature.

iXcoin.org is not updated cause Thomas Nasakioto loves playing these childish games to further make iXcoin look like a ShitCoin so he and his buddies can keep buying it all up.

I expect all that to change by October when all the coins will be fully mined.

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
August 21, 2014, 04:52:30 PM
btw i dont have nothing against ixcoin in partciular- I know I sound harsh sometimes...

i just find it sad if good ppl hope for a sunken project to magically come back to life

why dont u invest in something that has a future ?  for u and ur families this will be much better !

much love,
~CfA~

What is the future?  Me buying your BTC from you at $600?

to be honest, Uhhh no... LOL

1. ur volume is definitely <100 BTC so very much insignificant
2. i couldnt care less if anyone buys my btc or not as i am rich in fiat, btc is a game for me
3. dream on little man!

~CfA~

1. this is not my coin.
2. It just seams like more than a game, since you keep probing Vlad.
3. For all you know, I could be a bigger man than you.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
August 21, 2014, 04:39:53 PM
Where can I buy this coin?

and why is ixcoin.org not updated?

"Ixcoin maturity will be reached ~18 years before Bitcoin's. By mid-2013, the number of IXC and BTC will reach parity (for a brief moment). "
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
August 21, 2014, 04:05:18 PM
btw i dont have nothing against ixcoin in partciular- I know I sound harsh sometimes...

i just find it sad if good ppl hope for a sunken project to magically come back to life

why dont u invest in something that has a future ?  for u and ur families this will be much better !

much love,
~CfA~

What is the future?  Me buying your BTC from you at $600?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
August 21, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

This is for coin holders still running Thomas's final client release back in '11...aka: ixcoin-0.3.24.3-win32

Today I got a clean download of the blockchain using that client, and transferred a small amount of coin into it, so it had one transaction.  Backed everything up and proceeded to attempt various upgrades to it.  To my dismay, both ahmed_bodi 9.2 & cinnamon_carter's 8 builds crashed after a short while, never in the same place & I've been looking at logs and tested it a couple of different ways, then decided it wasn't really that important, because when I tried FrictionlessCoin's executable, it worked flawlessly the first time and reindexed all the blocks from disk, right up until today with no problem.  You are left with nearly a 1GB of 'junk' files from the 'old days', but it worked.  Then I applied ahmed_bodi 9.2 executable to those files and it instantly popped up without any re-indexing on disk or any other download, the client was ready to go.  Wallet has the small amount of coin in it, tomorrow I'll do some more testing with sending/receiving, but everything looks good to go, and there is an upgrade path for those of you that haven't checked in for 2 or 3 years.  Credit to FrictionlessCoin for making this possible.

GR

If the new clients crashes using a block chain from an old client you can always just download the whole blockchain again, instead of reindexing.  Then you don't need to use the FrictionlessCoin client.  So it shouldn't be a show stopper.

Actually,  what needs to be verified is if you have a wallet from the old client,  will it work if you copy it to the new client?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 21, 2014, 02:55:03 PM

much love,
~CfA~

You try too hard to make typos and have grammatically incorrect and disorganized posts.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520
August 21, 2014, 10:59:17 AM

much love,
~CfA~
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 21, 2014, 10:11:37 AM

i wanna save this man so im considering sending him a heavy btc aid package

~CfA~

You're all talk and no action, brother!   Wink
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
August 21, 2014, 10:01:03 AM

This is for coin holders still running Thomas's final client release back in '11...aka: ixcoin-0.3.24.3-win32

Today I got a clean download of the blockchain using that client, and transferred a small amount of coin into it, so it had one transaction.  Backed everything up and proceeded to attempt various upgrades to it.  To my dismay, both ahmed_bodi 9.2 & cinnamon_carter's 8 builds crashed after a short while, never in the same place & I've been looking at logs and tested it a couple of different ways, then decided it wasn't really that important, because when I tried FrictionlessCoin's executable, it worked flawlessly the first time and reindexed all the blocks from disk, right up until today with no problem.  You are left with nearly a 1GB of 'junk' files from the 'old days', but it worked.  Then I applied ahmed_bodi 9.2 executable to those files and it instantly popped up without any re-indexing on disk or any other download, the client was ready to go.  Wallet has the small amount of coin in it, tomorrow I'll do some more testing with sending/receiving, but everything looks good to go, and there is an upgrade path for those of you that haven't checked in for 2 or 3 years.  Credit to FrictionlessCoin for making this possible.

GR

If the new clients crashes using a block chain from an old client you can always just download the whole blockchain again, instead of reindexing.  Then you don't need to use the FrictionlessCoin client.  So it shouldn't be a show stopper.

August 21, 2014, 09:09:52 AM
At some point wouldn't you get over it CfA?  Are you worried it won't fail?

nah, im worried about health status of Vlad2Vlad/SolomonRising cuz once its final and no-turn-back death kicks in bad things might happen to his heartsies and brainsies

i wanna save this man so im considering sending him a heavy btc aid package

~CfA~
legendary
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
August 21, 2014, 09:05:31 AM
is it dead yet? oh wait it was long ago ! LOL

~CfA~

At some point wouldn't you get over it CfA?  Are you worried it won't fail?
August 21, 2014, 08:47:26 AM
is it dead yet? oh wait it was long ago ! LOL

~CfA~
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 20, 2014, 06:10:47 PM

Interesting yes, I have no animosity to Ix, so there is no inflation or increase in tx fees planned? How will the coin keep hashing?

CEX.io in the mofo house.

[and sitting on our board of directors]

You're welcome!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
August 20, 2014, 11:34:40 AM
It looks like it's about 60 days to death.  Somewhere around 15th Oct?
Is a this 'death' hard coded? I haven't been following ix lately.
No, but it might as well be!  That's the experiment we're running.  Let's see.  Exciting isn't it?

Interesting yes, I have no animosity to Ix, so there is no inflation or increase in tx fees planned? How will the coin keep hashing?
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
August 20, 2014, 07:21:34 AM

Will do just that, thanks for the links cinnamon, I'm sure my understanding of those topics can & will be improved.

Update on my testing, I'll try very hard to be brief...

GR

Interesting,  my guess is that there is something different in the difficulty calculations in the ahmed_bodi executable.

Anyway, still waiting to see when the 9.2 executable gets into the ghash.io miners.... we only have about a month left to go.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 20, 2014, 01:32:21 AM
I went to block 21,000 and still found unredeemed blocks for iXCoin.  And they are very common at that level.

That's over 2 million coins - not all but quite a few were unredeemed which means that for over 3 years now that person or people who mined those coins have not even moved them.

Why and who would do that?  And if you look, you'll find some unredeemed blocks even up to the 5,000,000 coins blocks although at that point they're not as common due to the fact merge mining had started and many more miners came in.  That's as high as I looked so there could be even more unredeemed blocks than that.

To compare I looked at i0Coin - also a 3 year old coin but unlike iXcoin it was seen as a clean, fair coin with a "real" dev and no premine at the time of launch.  Surely, the people and devs mining this coin had long term plans, unlike the supposed scam iXCoin where the dev planned to just dump the premine, right?

WRONG!  I searched and searched and I could NOT find even ONE SINGLE UNREDEEMED block for i0Coin.

NOT ONE!

So riddle me that!  Who is holding potentially millions of iXCoin and has had the confidence and foresight to hold them for 3+ years without as much as moving them even once?

And just a FYI:  Satoshi's early mined Bitcoins are also unredeemed and have never been moved.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
August 20, 2014, 01:13:45 AM
ok sorry i misunderstood the question.

miners always determine if a tx will be processed based  on the 'fee' attatched to process it.....

now after all iX are mined out , those who control the hash power (I think that is cex io here probably 75%+ of the network of iX)
control what tx will be processed.

If a large scale upgrade is made to the 9.x platform where people can set the tx fees the person sending coins is running a risk if they try to send coins without a fee. Earlier versions of the clients 'set' the fee to minimums based on various things..... (which you can overivde if you know how and want to) 

I am going to take a guess here and state that there will be a minimum 'fee' posted or 'fee schedule' posted for sending iX when the network reaches this level of maturity.  Until someone says something we will not know.   

On a separate note:

For those who consider the premine of iX a big deal or a 'scam' or such I disagree in this case.....

Here are a few thoughts......

Normally I have a foul distaste for any premined coin at all , that is just my personal feeling.
No coin project I am the dev of has ever had a premined coin.

That being said I think you have to consider the number of coins in a premine vs. the total supply of coins at a given time.

A coin with a 1% premine that will take 100 years to mine out all the coins means that premine is a much larger percentage than a coin with a 3% premine and all coins will be mined out in one year.   

When these new scammers that launch 5 new x11 and x13 coins a week and say 3% premine sometimes the number of coins after several months is actually a much larger percentage because the supply of coins available vs. what was premined is small........

iX had a few thousand blocks premined which is really small compared to the fact that almost all iX that will ever be created from coin production exist now, a small percentage. Also I have read many of the original creators early posts here on the forum and he was looking to purchase iX from others for bitcoin. Clearly someone who has a 'premine' and is 'buying' does not fit the typical mold for a scam at all. 

Finally, I will not go into a lot of detail now but I have spent some time studying the blockchain of iX , in particular the first 15,000 blocks or so.......

Without revealing exact details of what I saw I will say that 'someone' out there is holding onto a massive amount of iX and it has never ever moved.(last time I checked a few weeks ago)  so..... unless that person got in a car accident and told no one about their plans or something happened to them (unlikely) the actual premine is NOTHING compared to the coins that have never been touched. 

All the answers are there if you know how to read an abe block crawler and what to look for...... check it out for yourself  don't take my word for it.

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
August 19, 2014, 11:00:46 PM
for those upgrading from an old wallet without level db support (before 8.x) I would just make a backup (always) of your wallet before trying 9.2

I have not had a chance to build it and try it yet , is on my list of things to do.....
Understand & thankyou, that is very short & simple advice for those upgrading the Ixcoin wallet.  I've been testing the different ways today & will report more below.  From what I can tell, the wallet.dat file can be copied into any of the different builds and works just fine.  No coins have ever been lost by me, always backup.

To the person asking for a button to return your coins to you after you hit the send button prior to a certain number of confirms , once the coins are actually 'sent' (nothing is actually sent other than information but we will stick with the analogy) it is a done deal. Period.

The entire code base of bitcoin is designed to prevent double spending !! (obviously iX and many other coins based on this too)

What you are asking for is contrary to the whole system.
That would be me, understand what your saying, was attempting to think out of the box, to that day in the near future, when Ixcoin no longer has any mined coins, only transaction fees.  Pretty sure the premise I was attempting to make, is not contrary to the whole system, if I'm wrong please help me to understand.  Imagine the transaction fee you offer while sending a payment is not excepted by any miner.  What then?  Your send will never get even 1 confirm.  What does a noob have to do in order to deal with this in todays environment?  I've a pretty good idea, but never actually had to contend with the problem, so yes I'm arguing that it is not a done deal when you click send, until a miner excepts it. 

There needs to be 'some' way out there for users to ascertain what fee will likely get a confirm, preferably before they click send, code needs to be in the client (somehow), either as a list before sending (based on current tx fees offered by a group of miners) or how else will anyone ever send anything when suddenly the Tx fee jumps to 0.1 IXC or more?  A user is left with testing higher and higher fees, by manual trial and error, having long periods of waiting in between, and fixing files from backups...etc  Too painful to ever use.

It's not a double spend problem, its a try to spend once problem.

I suggest reading these two links about double spending to shine more light on what may be obvious to me and others who are more familiar with how bitcoin actually works but I realize a majority of people really don't know how it works..........

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/239bj1/doublespending_unconfirmed_transactions_is_a_lot/
http://codinginmysleep.com/bitcoin-attacks-in-plain-english/

Will do just that, thanks for the links cinnamon, I'm sure my understanding of those topics can & will be improved.

Update on my testing, I'll try very hard to be brief...

GR
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 19, 2014, 08:39:48 PM

Some of us know you are also Thomas, "oldminer".  Nice of you to show up again.

I think trust of -11 says it all really, about both you and your scam coin.

The impudence to believe you're in the same league as Satoshi is just staggering.

The guy [oldminer] has a GREEN +8 rating so I'm not sure your sight is any better than your logic.

Secondly, this is the 4th time I'm asking you this same question but it's obvious you haven't a clue.

Why would a scammer hold on to a large premine for over 3 years and STILL pay out, 3 years later, large bounties?

Cause if that's a scammer I'd like to be on more of his projects given few to no devs with premines this valuable have ever had a single coin left over 3 months later, let alone 3 years later.

I'll be waiting for your explanation which I know will not come.  I hope you at least get your eyesight looked at [while you wait for your logic to kick in].  Haha!

Cheers!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
August 19, 2014, 08:34:11 PM

I'm really surprised after all this time & after all you have done he is still sitting back doing nothing. The only conclusion I can draw is he sitting back on his premine & waiting for others to increase the price. But then Thomas always was passive from day one...

Hey, what do you make of it?  Why would someone who doesn't appear to care about a coin and actually abandoned it for nearly 2 years hold on to a premine [for over 3 years] worth a lot of Bitcoins and still pays out large bounties 3 years later?

Why???

Why would anyone do that while appearing to not care about what's supposedly nothing more than a copy and paste CrapCoin?

This Zebedee guy acts like he knows something but he can't even come up with a single plausible theory so I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this impossibility.

Cause the only thing I can think of is that he's either nuts or there is some sort of premeditated plan for IXC.  Cause nothing else makes sense - especially not the theory that he cares about IXC; that's clearly not possible.

Cheers!
Jump to: