Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 156. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
June 03, 2014, 11:28:16 AM
May I ask why the 80-Bytes limit?

The Bitcoin protocol was designed to engulf the whole world, to be a planetary coin, and iXcoin is identical.

Things [like transaction size/block size limits] can be easily raised so we should do that as well with this new update and not wait on bitcoin.  The hardware will be there, this technology is not a simple accident, it has come at the right time and it was designed to handle anything.

Whatever makes iXcoin faster, easier to use and more flexible on a mass scale.

@Jamaer,

Now I see (better) your proposal.  IXC is independent of the meta coin, it is the meta coin which will need IXC to function.  Therefore, IXC will be the value which is what we're after.

The meta coin then simply acts like an enabler.  Enabling special features to be used by iXcoin holders.  Like a bolt-on feature.  Interesting.

Also, is this still the best way assuming we can get the pools to update?  Cause when we were discussing this before we were looking for the best way to not include the pools.

I am for this proposal unless someone comes up with a better one.

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
June 03, 2014, 10:29:30 AM
We've already agreed that we prefer Counterparty to use IXC instead of a metacoin, but without being able to excrow IXC then trading will be slower (taking mulitple confirmations) and betting won't be possible.   Plus, it would be very easy for one of the Counterparty assets to become the preferred metacoin over IXC, especially if a Counterparty asset can perform the functions faster.

I still don't understand what's the problem with a metacoin (or an asset becoming the prefered metacoin). Those coins are not new altcoins in the sense that they are independent from IXC. Instead, they are are fully dependent on IXC, but IXC is independent on any Counterparty defined asset/coin. There is no way they can "dilute IXC", only (possibly) add value to IXC (through the increased use of IXC, i.e. transaction fees). Those coins are directly traded with IXC in the network, and since you can not even use those coins/assets without owning some IXC (for fees), it makes little sense even to set up a third party exchange (say for metacoin <-> bitcoin). In other words, those interested in Counterparty features will first need to get some IXC.

Before answering, does anyone know if each Counterparty order, trade or bet is contained in its own separate IXC transaction.  Or are multiple Counterparty events crammed into a single IXC transaction?  I assume only one event per IXC transaction since we only have 80 bytes in the OP_RETURN. 

Each operation is on a separate Transaction output.  I don't think Counterparty is aware of Bitcoin transaction boundaries. 
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
June 03, 2014, 10:15:53 AM
We've already agreed that we prefer Counterparty to use IXC instead of a metacoin, but without being able to excrow IXC then trading will be slower (taking mulitple confirmations) and betting won't be possible.   Plus, it would be very easy for one of the Counterparty assets to become the preferred metacoin over IXC, especially if a Counterparty asset can perform the functions faster.

I still don't understand what's the problem with a metacoin (or an asset becoming the prefered metacoin). Those coins are not new altcoins in the sense that they are independent from IXC. Instead, they are are fully dependent on IXC, but IXC is independent on any Counterparty defined asset/coin. There is no way they can "dilute IXC", only (possibly) add value to IXC (through the increased use of IXC, i.e. transaction fees). Those coins are directly traded with IXC in the network, and since you can not even use those coins/assets without owning some IXC (for fees), it makes little sense even to set up a third party exchange (say for metacoin <-> bitcoin). In other words, those interested in Counterparty features will first need to get some IXC.

Before answering, does anyone know if each Counterparty order, trade or bet is contained in its own separate IXC transaction.  Or are multiple Counterparty events crammed into a single IXC transaction?  I assume only one event per IXC transaction since we only have 80 bytes in the OP_RETURN. 
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
June 03, 2014, 07:56:34 AM

They are later unlocked and either left with the original owner or sent to a new owner depending on triggers from Counterparty. 

And that's the problem. In oder the network to decide where the coins should go, the network has to understand the Counterparty protocol. That is, the implementation has to be native. Or can you explain a method for an escrow without the network understanding/parsing the protocol?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 03, 2014, 06:58:50 AM
has any one notice that IXC went up after a certain even in this thread. Wink

There's a football coin now?

How's that possible, I own most sports coin domains, including footballcoin?

Looks like I need to get pissed one day and just launch everything I intended to launch last year.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 03, 2014, 06:55:16 AM

Not really.

What event?
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
June 03, 2014, 06:42:24 AM
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 03, 2014, 05:45:00 AM
looks like you're keeping how you found [Suspicious link removed] a secret for some reason. Cheesy Cheesy

Come again?

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 03, 2014, 03:59:32 AM
looks like you're keeping how you found [Suspicious link removed] a secret for some reason. Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
June 03, 2014, 12:50:10 AM

I've already talked to Jeffery and he said they have no issue updating to iXcoin's newest code.  But we have to make it count; release the best update possible.  Native escrow and whatever else will give us an edge against most other alts.

Anyone talking 'native escrow' is dreaming.   How the hell is that going to be implemented?  If you are talking multi-sig,  then that's already in 0.8.6, otherwise,  I have no idea what you folks are talking about.

We've already agreed that we prefer Counterparty to use IXC instead of a metacoin, but without being able to excrow IXC then trading will be slower (taking mulitple confirmations) and betting won't be possible.   Plus, it would be very easy for one of the Counterparty assets to become the preferred metacoin over IXC, especially if a Counterparty asset can perform the functions faster.  So it's best for the native IXC escrow to be there from the start.

As I see it an escrow transaction must be added to iXcoin, let's call it ESCROW-START.  It would be similar to a regular transaction except instead of actually moving coins to a new owner it just locks the coins in place in the block chain.   They are later unlocked and either left with the original owner or sent to a new owner depending on triggers from Counterparty.  Of course, you would also need an expiration on escrows to prevent IXC from being permenantly locked, and you need a cancel escrow feature in case orders are cancelled.  I assume most of the logic for escrow is already in Counterparty if you need a reference. 

You may also need a second new escrow transaction, call it ESCROW-END, or you may just add some extra code in the normal IXC transaction logic.  Either way, you need to finalize a transaction begun with ESCROW-START.  Both ESCROW-START and ESCROW-END need to understand Counterparty triggers to integrate IXC correctly into Counterparty.

For example, for a Counterparty trade IXC logic would look for Counterparty orders where IXC was involved.  Any time an order is placed an ESCROW-START transaction is also created, locking the IXC coins.  Then Counterparty trade executions would trigger the ESCROW-END transaction to finalize, sending the coins to their new owner.

Similarly for bets, IXC logic would look for Counterparty bets.  Any time a bet is placed an ESCROW-START transaction is created.  Then a Counterparty bet winner would trigger an ESCROW-END to finalize the transaction.

All the triggers for escrowing and finalizing would be comming from Counterparty.  In the furture, similar logic could be added to look for triggers from any other financial platform that we want to support natively. 

It's more work to add this native IXC escrow, but IXC will benefit because it will be used much more intensively by these financial platforms, which means more IXC transactions, more fees and happier miners.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 02, 2014, 06:00:11 PM
I really like when you friendly 'stab' each other: this community needs some fun sometimes.

I would like to see the board members have a complete evaluation and confrontation on this "1% inflation rate" before to emit a public verdict

You Friction mentioned "1 IXC coin created per block instead of the 96 coins".
If we consider a block every 10 minutes, it means 6*24= 144 new coins a day. Right?

If I am right it means 52560 new coins a year -> (52560/21000000)*100= 0,25% (first year, decreasing progressively while the total amount increase)
A 0,25% inflation probably will simply replace lost/dispersed coins.

Plus, the board as originally imagined made of 7 or 9 members is far from been completed. The decision should be taken by a complete board.

Last but not the least, the community should have a relevant part on this: a decentralised coin should collect a vast support on any decision. The foundation should simply find the way to accomplish what the users want, not the opposite. The board has the goal to coordinate the efforts, not to centralise decisions.

I agree we have to move fast. If any inflation will be added, it's simply fair to worn investors well in advance (not after oct 2014) and let them decide if it's the case to hold or get rid of iXcoins.

I like the idea to be like Bitcoin. I only wonder what Bitcoin community will be forced to do after +/-2033. Maybe iXcoin will have the role to prepare the road for Bitcoin. Well, it's quite normal to see twins helping each other.  Cheesy

Very well said.

I made my case and placed my vote.
legendary
June 02, 2014, 05:59:17 PM

I like the idea to be like Bitcoin. I only wonder what Bitcoin community will be forced to do after +/-2033.

It is completely unpredictable as to what the Bitcoin Foundation will do in 2033.   

To predict that they will support zero miner subsidy is pure speculation now.    Who knows what kind of technology will have evolved by 2033.  IXC simply does not have that luxury and likely any choice that will be made by 2014 will of course drastically be different from what they do in 2033.

In short, this notion about keeping identical with Bitcoin is completely false.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 02, 2014, 05:40:30 PM
No, no, you are not.

This coin has made tremendous progress [for an abandoned coin] long before you and Zebedee showed up "to help us out".

You and Zebedee have [thus far] been nothing more than a source of anxious FUD spinners.

You don't phase me and you're not gonna derail our plans and momentum with your fear-based bullshit.

Nice try, though.

It's not fear its common sense.  You have a developer who expresses little interest in your coin, calls it insane thinking and you a mad man.

? Something is wrong with this picture haha.

Anyways I'll drop back from time to time. best of luck.

Correction... I said I had some stake... just not a lot of stake.  

Yes,  Vlad is a mad man, but all this crypto stuff is crazy stuff anyway.

IXC actually is a coin that is very well positioned relative to all the other alt-coins out there.

It has an incredible hash rate, plus it is extremely well distributed.  Probably Vlad is the largest stake holder with about 2-3% of the coin.  

The fact that IXC market cap hasn't plunged significantly tells you that there are a lot of crazy stuff going on behind the scenes.

Amin, brother.

I'm so glad someone else sees all this cause sometimes I do feel like just giving up, like this is all just some crazy idea I should have never entertained.

So thanks for validating my madness.  Haha!
legendary
June 02, 2014, 05:34:14 PM
No, no, you are not.

This coin has made tremendous progress [for an abandoned coin] long before you and Zebedee showed up "to help us out".

You and Zebedee have [thus far] been nothing more than a source of anxious FUD spinners.

You don't phase me and you're not gonna derail our plans and momentum with your fear-based bullshit.

Nice try, though.

It's not fear its common sense.  You have a developer who expresses little interest in your coin, calls it insane thinking and you a mad man.

Correction... I said I had some stake... just not a lot of stake.  

Yes,  Vlad is a mad man, but all this crypto stuff is crazy stuff anyway.

IXC actually is a coin that is very well positioned relative to all the other alt-coins out there.

It has an incredible hash rate, plus it is extremely well distributed.  Probably Vlad is the largest stake holder with about 2-3% of the coin.  

The fact that IXC market cap hasn't plunged significantly tells you that there are a lot of crazy stuff going on behind the scenes.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 02, 2014, 05:32:53 PM
No, no, you are not.

Nice try, though.

Looking forward to your 5th alias.  lol.

Haha, don't make me post them all.  I try to be civil these days.

All mature and professional and shit.

Good luck to you, I'll do my best to serve the best interest of ALL.
Activity: 70
June 02, 2014, 05:26:37 PM
No, no, you are not.

Nice try, though.

It's not fear its common sense.  You have a developer who expresses little interest in your coin, calls it insane thinking and you a mad man.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 02, 2014, 05:04:20 PM
Me and zebedee are trying to help you out and see sense.  

No, no, you are not.

Nice try, though.

Activity: 70
June 02, 2014, 04:59:45 PM
Me and zebedee are trying to help you out and see sense.  I argue with everyone on this board, its FUN
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
June 02, 2014, 04:54:32 PM
That's exactly what I have been told.  If things change we will then change our strategy as well.

I have a feeling if iXcoin becomes a player, a coin with a future, other pools will update as well, to remain competitive and to get fees.

This is why it's crucial we release a very good update this time around.  Something incredibly useful and not just window dressing.

Other pools will follow the biggest pool, presuming there's something going on.

And it's not any more odd than 1 pool, barely 1 year old, controlling over 40% of Bitcoin.

We're very lucky to have CEX.io so let's make use of them for the best.
So, major decisions are based on feelings not economics or greed?  This is what you have been told?  Nothing in writing?

Other pools will no longer have any incentive to upgrade until IXC becomes a "player"

This is ludicrous thinking and dangerous.

Yes, forgive me, I'm gonna go to CEX.io and demand a written contract right now cause the guy with 100 IXC doesn't trust them.

And right after that I'm gonna go to the White House and demand they give me something in writing too.

Dude, are you kidding?

The sheer fact CEX.io has agreed to join our board and committed to mine IXC for free is a massive, ENORMOUS break for iXC.  But it's not good enough for you, you want me to start throwing my weight around, you know, cause I'm the iXcoin guy.  Haha!

Yeah, that's how you handle someone who's a million times your business stature.  Show them total distrust.

You obviously have fear and trust issues - indicative of someone who has a lying problem.  I don't.  I have no reason to not trust CEX, they have nothing to gain by falsely joining our board and lying to us - they've got MUCH MUCH bigger and better things to do.

In business, you sometimes have to trust your business partners, especially the ones holding the keys to your future.

And yes, feelings aka intuition is very often used in business and economics where developing and testing a theory is needed.  Sorry, I don't [yet] own a time-machine.

You sure are ablaze given you've got only 100 iXcoins at risk.  Man, I wish I'd only have $7.50 on the line.  

Cause you're acting like you spent 70+ Bitcoins [or something] on iXcoin.  But you're not a distrusting and dishonest person to exaggerate to such a massive degree, so I'll take your word for your 100 IXC investment and remain perplexed about your anger and hasty, emotional decision making.

I literally have my life savings at risk in iXcoin and I'm trying to do what's right for iXcoin [for the long run] and not just for myself.  For myself, I'd announce a massive PoS scheme, that's the biggest crypto trend right now and everyone is falling for it:  "To bring in new investors and help secure the coin after terminal mining".

Haha - what shameless scammers.
legendary
June 02, 2014, 04:50:51 PM
I've got to admit,  it's alot of insane thinking.   But what the heck, let's see how this experiment pans out.   

I think because CEX.io is involved, this is indeed tremendous progress for IXC.

So this coin is run by a dictator mad man?

Edit:  This is my biggest worry, that this Counterparty update will either be majorly flawed or very mediocre.  Such an update would be a huge waste of time and make us look like idiots and that's a sure way to lose CEX.io.

Simplest answer then.  Dont do any updates and just hope for the best when subsidy runs out.

That makes more sense.

Yes, we got a mad man running the show.   Honestly,  I think an element of crazy is needed to differentiate this coin from the rest.

Jump to: