Author

Topic: Ixcoin TODO - page 175. (Read 631736 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
May 10, 2014, 04:04:31 PM
I am very happy to see something is really going on here Shocked

is there already a service planed on top? the 80 bytes need to be filled with something..

It's gonna be filled with pure Awesomeness [and my ego].

Just Kidding, my ego is way bigger than 80 Bytes. Ha!

But seriously, Friction has some great, creative ideas when he's actually trying so I'm not too worried.

Would you say it's a good time to buy now, before the counterparty protocol gets added?

The counter party protocol doesn't guarantee a higher price. People seem to think IXC is still dead or worthless so in doubt a code upgrade will fix that. I'm waiting for the price to go lower but I've been saying for a year it's a great time to buy.

Therefore, buy at your own risk. I think the price will drop before it goes higher.

And diversify.

Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
May 10, 2014, 03:12:22 PM

Okay,  I'll work on the CounterParty port.

This is much welcomed news!

However, as far as I have understood, you are planning to implement the Counterparty protocol such that the "native currency" (XCP) is replaced by IXC. This is of course rather cool, but AFAIK this also posses some technical challenges (or choices to be made to say the least), and I think it would be nice if you could let the community to review, or have a word to say about these (as these decisions have a long lasting effect).

Let me give an example: how do you plan to implement escrow for IXC (in orders, bets etc.)? XCP is simply a protocol currency, so in the original Counterparty it's simple to do, but IXC is a blockchain currency so the same does not work (as miners need to accept each transaction). So if I want to give 5 IXC for a particular asset, what happens to my IXC while a match is looked for? If a match is found, how those 5 IXC is moved to the previous asset owner?

I don't think Counterparty is has escrow capability.

Escrow capability is can already be enabled with the latest version of IXC through the use of multi-signatures.

I will of course have to evaluate the specs first to understand how indeed it will be made 'native'.

legendary
May 10, 2014, 03:04:51 PM

When mastercoin was proposed and launched, market participation was smaller, not many people trusted the project, so the value shot up like a rocket as people who watched started to want and then buy because they missed the boat.

A similar thing happened to NXT

Alot of people saw these gains so when counterparty was proposed people salivated to jump on-board and make profit. An interesting thing to note was that this project was more publicized and market participation was much larger so those that really wanted it, got in initially. IE: all the main speculators got in on it from the get go. This mostly left a group of people that now needed to be convinced they wanted xcp. Compare this to mastercoin and NXT where the idea had not been validated so not many invested because of the risk. Once the idea became more valid the risk became less and so the watchers immediately wanted it, thus raising prices.

I'd imagine Etherium will be similar, everyone will jump onboard initially, unless of course they sell out too quick and the public still wants it. (MaidSafe will be interesting to watch)

But on to IbeX counterparty  (The Goat, LOL) (The third incarnation of the bitcoin metacoin)

Ix has fallen off the radar for the most part. Since not many yet are watching this, and there is no IPO style extra coin for these features, expect the price to shoot up as people realized this one snuck in under their nose and decide to start buying once the features get complete. And at $.05 expect much profits when it inevitably goes to $1.00  and BEYOND THE MOON----INTERGALACTIC GOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there surprisingly is no IPO, IXC already IPO'ed 3 years ago!   
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
May 10, 2014, 05:59:36 AM

is there already a service planed on top? the 80 bytes need to be filled with something..

But seriously, Friction has some great, creative ideas when he's actually trying so I'm not too worried.

Would you say it's a good time to buy now, before the counterparty protocol gets added?
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
May 10, 2014, 05:00:21 AM

Okay,  I'll work on the CounterParty port.

This is much welcomed news!

However, as far as I have understood, you are planning to implement the Counterparty protocol such that the "native currency" (XCP) is replaced by IXC. This is of course rather cool, but AFAIK this also posses some technical challenges (or choices to be made to say the least), and I think it would be nice if you could let the community to review, or have a word to say about these (as these decisions have a long lasting effect).

Let me give an example: how do you plan to implement escrow for IXC (in orders, bets etc.)? XCP is simply a protocol currency, so in the original Counterparty it's simple to do, but IXC is a blockchain currency so the same does not work (as miners need to accept each transaction). So if I want to give 5 IXC for a particular asset, what happens to my IXC while a match is looked for? If a match is found, how those 5 IXC is moved to the previous asset owner?
Activity: 204
Merit: 250
May 10, 2014, 04:11:17 AM

Well obviously is should be an IbeX

Two ibex with horns locked to form an X. 
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
May 10, 2014, 03:07:25 AM
i have to say , this is really cool

Are we still taking nominations for the IXC foundation or are other matters more pressing at the moment?

I think Vlad can give us an updated picture of the situation.

Maybe something like this. Vlad, enlighten us.

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 10, 2014, 02:48:35 AM

Well, if the Anagram, Thomas Nasakioto, really means something [and I'm not just crazy] I just decided to buy up all the major ThomasNasakioto domains.

If iXcoin does have its day [hopefully soon] it would suck to have these domains in the wrong hands.

I'm not saying my hands are the "right hands" but at least they're mine. 

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 09, 2014, 10:44:27 PM
ANYTHING Bitcoin can do, iXcoin can do *cheaper*

BRILLIANT!

That's the Friction I remember!

Counter party is coming to ixcoin?

Of course.

Haven't I said all along that the best code, innovations and features would come to iXcoin so there's no need to focus on features or to dismiss iXcoin for lack of features?

Now everyone will see just how easy it is to make a good coin the absolute best.  With Counter Party, iXcoin will literally be better than Bitcoin.  Bitcoin will be slow to move and add the necessary features.

iXcoin is a cheetah while Bitcoin is a bloated turtle with image problems.  Haha!
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 09, 2014, 10:39:22 PM

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
May 09, 2014, 08:42:50 PM

BRILLIANT!

Counter party is coming to ixcoin?
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 09, 2014, 08:34:48 PM

BRILLIANT!

legendary
May 09, 2014, 07:43:24 PM
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 09, 2014, 07:33:11 PM

Well, ladi da, look at that, a "real coin" dev from a coin with features has come down to our crappy dead coin thread.  Haha!

This is truly a first - I'm used to getting banned, for speaking out, by real coin devs and their threads.

Welcome, CounterPartyCoin dev!

I wanna thank you for your innovation and the time you put into developing CounterPartyCoin.

CryptoWorld is that much better due to good innovation.  

Thanks and thank you for visiting us.  We plan to integrate Counter Party into iXcoin.  You'll get to witness it in action with an ultra secure network - something Bitcoin will not give you given its miles of red tape, bad actors and indecisive, agenda driven [centralized] Foundation Board.

This is very much a win win situation, given Bitcoin has put the kaibash on aiding any alt-coins.  Don't feel bad, it's for pure competitive reasons, as Bitcoin is now centralized and controlled by powerful special interest money, they can clearly see that Bitcoin will soon become obsolete given the open source nature of this industry so they seek to contain [and build] a competitive advantage by stifling innovation.

Little do they know that they're shooting themselves in the foot and that iXcoin was created to compete [head on] with Bitcoin and ANYTHING Bitcoin can do, iXcoin can do better.

Activity: 390
Merit: 254
Counterparty Developer
May 09, 2014, 05:49:26 PM
This is Friction after three weeks working in front of his computer screen trying to make counterparty work smoothly.  Cheesy. Just kidding

I know the feeling...
Activity: 294
May 09, 2014, 05:28:15 PM

Ok. This is my choice.

I dunno the name.

I guess it's not been taken by any coin yet.

This is Friction after three weeks working in front of his computer screen trying to make counterparty work smoothly.  Cheesy. Just kidding

legendary
www.ixcoin.net
May 09, 2014, 04:40:03 PM
Hi,

I would like to start a small contest (just for fun).
Make the proposal for an animal representing iXcoin. Possibly not a dog.
Any idea? I got one but I just wait for yours.
Come on! A funny animal. Send the picture and let's connect it with IXC.
Maybe we could take away the boriness from this coin.

Interesting.

This could be fun.

Yeah, let's see where this goes.

Dog is taken by [ShitCoin] Doge so we'll have to come up with a different animal.  lol.

So then, here's my top choice [for obvious reasons].

The Rising Phoenix!

legendary
May 09, 2014, 04:38:19 PM
Hi,

Alright now that's something I can get in on.

1. Aardvark
2. Snark

and I'd nominate that mythical creature that only exists when you don't believe it exists but I can't remember the name.

Well obviously is should be an IbeX

Activity: 280
time
May 09, 2014, 04:23:22 PM
Hi,

Alright now that's something I can get in on.

1. Aardvark
2. Snark

and I'd nominate that mythical creature that only exists when you don't believe it exists but I can't remember the name.
legendary
May 09, 2014, 07:30:00 AM
The same 'filtered block' line (but different hash) in the last crash too. Perhaps something wrong with whatever filtered block handling is?

CMerkleBlock is used for filtered nodes. It holds a CBlockHeader. This is assigned in CMerkleBlock::CMerkleBlock using GetBlockHeader. This function doesn't copy the auxpow field. This is possibly why the null pointer accessing auxpow occurs. Possible fix:

Code:
diff --git a/src/main.h b/src/main.h
index bd21fe9..1221a88 100644
--- a/src/main.h
+++ b/src/main.h
@@ -1411,6 +1411,7 @@ public:
         block.nTime          = nTime;
         block.nBits          = nBits;
         block.nNonce         = nNonce;
+        block.auxpow         = auxpow;
         return block;
     }

I'll put this test in production and see what happens.

Thanks!  Keep us informed.
The pool got a filtered block request today and didn't crash. I think this confirms the fix works. I've done a pull request for it.

Excellent development!  Merged your pull request.  Thanks!
Jump to: