Pages:
Author

Topic: Jaxx wallet restored from seed words - empty - page 2. (Read 452 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
I restored my Jaxx wallet with my 12 words.
The wallet came empty. All my ETH is lost
~snip~
... It's one of the reasons I refuse to use Exodus, it won't even show you the backup mnemonic until you have received coins!!?! Undecided

Aren't Jaxx and Exodus completely unrelated wallets ?
I thought Jaxx does allow exporting the seed. Even without having a balance stored there.

Either way.. Jaxx AND Exodus are both wallets which should NOT be advised to use. Both seem to be buggy and partly exploitable.

@OP:
The best bet would be to use any other compatible wallet. Jaxx follows BIP 32/39/44.
If you didn't change any settings upon creating the wallet (i.e. derivation path; i am not sure if you are even allowed to change that parameter there) your seed should create the same addresses / private keys.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
The wallet came empty. All my ETH is lost
Have you ever used those 12 words to restore your wallet before?

You wouldn't be the first person to try using their 12 words, only to discover that they are not the correct ones for the wallet they're currently using.

I'm not sure how people do it, but somehow they get 12 words, and then they create a new wallet that is actually using a different seed??!?

I always double check that a seed mnemonic recreates the correct addresses before committing coins to a wallet... It's one of the reasons I refuse to use Exodus, it won't even show you the backup mnemonic until you have received coins!!?! Undecided
Activity: 12
Merit: 1

PS. You can also restore it using other wallets that supports 12-word mnemonic phrase.

This is a good tip, I thought about this.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 647
I don't think your Eth was lost. Jaxx sometimes doesn't show the correct balance of the wallet, if you're sure with your 12 words seed (including the sequence) and there were no transactions that have been made, then your funds are there.

• Are you using the latest version of the wallet? If not, update it to version 1.3.18
  • If still not showing, try restoring your wallet on other jaxx platform (Mobile: Android/iPhone, Tablet/iPad, Chrome Extension)

If you want further assistance, then you should contact their support by:

PS. You can also restore it using other wallets that supports 12-word mnemonic phrase.
The transaction history was empty and the instructions did not work.
I have macbook so I am not able to delete my "app data" folders.
Ok, thanks! I'll try those and post here what happens.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Did you use the right derivation path when restoring?

Check that.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/63804/restore-wallet-from-jaxx-to-coinomi-eth-missing-but-btc-and-ltc-are-fine

I had a tiny amount of ETH on a Coinomi wallet that disappeared after a restoration. I really can't remember what I did now to find it again but ETH needed extra steps compared to BTC which just reappears. It took me quite a while to get it back.

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
Is it a completely 'fresh' wallet ?
Or do the addresses inside this wallet have a transaction history ?

You might want to uninstall jaxx, delete (or better: just rename) the jaxx folder inside the 'AppData' folder and reinstall it.
If its a synchronization issue, this should fix it.

But, Jaxx is known to be buggy and vulnerable. It is NOT recommended to use this wallet.
As soon as you are able to access your coins again, please move them to a safer wallet.

Hello.

The wallet came empty. All my ETH is lost.

WTD?

I have the backup media still ok and I still have my 12 words written down.

Pages:
Jump to: