Pages:
Author

Topic: Jesus Is Lord - page 2. (Read 4106 times)

legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
June 27, 2014, 07:34:23 PM
As is consensual (there were some heretics that said there were two different gods, the Jewish God was a different one, like Marcion of Sinope), the Christian God is Yahweh, the Jewish God, since Christians adopted the Jewish prophets and holy books. Christianity initially was a Jewish sect.

By the way, the islamic Quran also accepts the Jewish prophets and Jesus as a prophet, saying I'm the God that sent them, including Jesus (but not as a son of God).

But Yahweh initially was just a God in the middle of others. Most Jews, even during David times (about 1000 BC) and after, kept praying to other Gods of the Canaanites (Semitic people comprising the Phoenicians, the Jews and some other peoples of the Levant).

There is controversy, but Yahweh has been identified with EL, the supreme God of the Canaanites, that had one or two wifes and an extensive number of sons (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)#Hebrew_Bible). Or, initially, with one of his sons: sometimes, Baal (the confusion was easy, because Baal means Lord; clearly, later, the Torah fights this identification, by ridiculing Baal), sometimes Hadad, sometimes a different son. In some of the Jewish holy books, we can still find several traces of this evolution, with references to a council of the Gods presided by EL/Yahweh (see, a summary in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Council#Hebrew).

Well, the Greeks were influenced by the Phoenicians and copied their Gods, with different names. El was Uranus, the father of all Gods (or sometimes Cronus, since some mythology says El was not the original God, but rather Elioun), that was deposed by his son, Cronus. Cronus was deposed by Zeus. The Romans used the same Gods (Caelus as Uranus; Saturn as Cronus and Jupiter as Zeus).

So, are the believers on the three main religions praying to Uranus (Caelus) or even to Cronus (Saturn)?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
June 26, 2014, 09:45:42 AM

Jesus Christ is also King of Kings, and Lord of Lords  Smiley

JTF from LOL forums?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
June 26, 2014, 09:01:33 AM
Jesus came back from the dead and was seen by many people.
Jesus went with the clouds.
Jesus has been lifted up, high above all the angels of heaven,
and is now seated at the right hand of God.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/349/104/00d.jpg
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
June 26, 2014, 03:11:33 AM
If we forget the many that are not kind to non-believers, or believers in a different religion, because of religious reasons or that are even not kind to fellow believers for the same reasons. The Inquisition was used against people that (at least apparently) adopted the Christian faith.

That is the thing I despise about organized religion. People use it as an excuse for mistreating others that believe differently or not at all. The current "christian" church has forgotten that the "king of kings" explicitly instructs them that the most important commandment is to love one another.

Maybe what you are referring to, is if/when people force their wills against the wills of other people,

or force their interpretations or doctrines, against your own interpretations or doctrines?

Well, its not just religious persons who might do that, and we are troubled by this in many areas of our lives,
or in various stages or situations, events or occurrences in our lives.
In general, Gods word is clear though, that Gods people are being persecuted on the earth.
jesus is not the king of kings nor the lord of the lords... he was a messenger/teacher... the spirit he inhabited in his last years was a rather high ranking spirit but not the lord of lords or king of kings... only one holds the key to the golden throne..

Jesus came back from the dead and was seen by many people.
Jesus went with the clouds.
Jesus has been lifted up, high above all the angels of heaven,
and is now seated at the right hand of God.

Jesus is King of Kings, and Lord of Lords
i respect your faith and your believe... but again jesus is not the king of kings or the lord of lords... you seem to mix up jesus with god/creator/architect who is the king of kings or the lord of the lords... jesus did spread the word of god for this he was rewarded
Activity: 658
June 26, 2014, 02:58:10 AM
no mention of The Flying Spaghetti Monster as the true lord and savior...

“Let us sing praise to the Flying Spaghetti Monster, for He is a loving God. Of His might and dominion, there is no compare; of His mercy and deliciousness, there is no equal. No other god can challenge Him; in the taste test, He is invincible. Through His pasta, He has blessed us with everlasting life, and holy is His Name. For He is the Flying Spaghetti Monster: the One, True, and Most High God, creator of man and midgit, giver of pasta, giver of sauce, from age to holy age; not created He was, but ever He lives, through the glory of spaghetti, now and forever. R'Amen.”
Activity: 588
June 26, 2014, 02:31:51 AM
If we forget the many that are not kind to non-believers, or believers in a different religion, because of religious reasons or that are even not kind to fellow believers for the same reasons. The Inquisition was used against people that (at least apparently) adopted the Christian faith.

That is the thing I despise about organized religion. People use it as an excuse for mistreating others that believe differently or not at all. The current "christian" church has forgotten that the "king of kings" explicitly instructs them that the most important commandment is to love one another.

Maybe what you are referring to, is if/when people force their wills against the wills of other people,

or force their interpretations or doctrines, against your own interpretations or doctrines?

Well, its not just religious persons who might do that, and we are troubled by this in many areas of our lives,
or in various stages or situations, events or occurrences in our lives.
In general, Gods word is clear though, that Gods people are being persecuted on the earth.
jesus is not the king of kings nor the lord of the lords... he was a messenger/teacher... the spirit he inhabited in his last years was a rather high ranking spirit but not the lord of lords or king of kings... only one holds the key to the golden throne..
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
June 06, 2014, 12:33:06 PM

What do you think of the movie "Zeitgeist"?  (Youtube it)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
June 05, 2014, 03:35:34 PM

.. Are you on the League of Legend forums...
legendary
June 05, 2014, 03:33:12 PM
Its fascinating to think about the first contacts of those distant cousins and to know that the Neanderthal and in Asian, the Denisovans, and certainly (the local descendents of) the homo erectus, still live in our genes. Who knows, how many other ancient species were absorbed my modern humans.

It's interesting to think that our ancestors were evolving, but didn't have a clue about it. Thanks from the long perspective, we could figure that out after thousands, even millions of years.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
June 05, 2014, 03:16:54 PM
If those were sacred statues, I doubt they would be used just to signal if a place was "cro-magnon" or neanderthal.
Probably, that was important, especially if we accept the belligerent hypotheses about the relations between the two species (or branches of the same, since they could have descendents), but they were so different in appearance that they could be easily identified...

Even if they were not sacred, these statues could be too much important to just leave them in the open of a cave as a symbol of modern humans. In that way, they could be easily stolen.

But, who knows, you might be right.
Very good points. It bumms me out that we may never know. But it sure is fun to think about. What an adventure they had, meeting other types of humans. Crazy stuff.
legendary
June 04, 2014, 04:53:03 PM
If those were sacred statues, I doubt they would be used just to signal if a place was "cro-magnon" or neanderthal.
Probably, that was important, especially if we accept the belligerent hypotheses about the relations between the two species (or branches of the same, since they could have descendents), but they were so different in appearance that they could be easily identified...

Even if they were not sacred, these statues could be too much important to just leave them in the open of a cave as a symbol of modern humans. In that way, they could be easily stolen.

But, who knows, you might be right.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
June 04, 2014, 04:01:07 PM
If the criteria of lordship is antiquity, then this lady might be the one (24,000 BC):

Those "Venus figures" are so compelling. I obsessed over them for a time and visited as many of them as I could find in museums. I know most scholars interpret them as icons of some long lost religion, but I wonder about another possibility.  What if they were used to identify you as being a Homo sapien sapien?

If you plot out where and when these were found you will see that they begin to occur in places where modern humans and neanderthals overlap. Neanderthals did not seem to make art of any kind and may have been unable to think in an abstract fashion. They looked a lot like us and even lived in a similar way to other ice age hominids, but they were different. For example they seem to have grown shockingly fast, reaching maturity in about eight years.

Perhaps modern humans wore these or kept them in their caves as a way of identifying themselves to other modern humans. Both species were in competition for the same caves and game. Wondering into the wrong cave might lead to a deadly fight. Seeing the Venus woman let's you know that this is a H. S. Sapien cave and clear of H. Neanderthals. Just a theory I have. But I have no specific evidence to support it.

I wish I knew what these are. The only facts that we really have are the age (37000 years ago to 12000), that they are of women who are likely pregnant, they seem to have been worn (many have loops or places to tie them like a pendant), and they often are depicted wearing a net or head covering of some sort.   
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
June 04, 2014, 03:20:00 PM
"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Romans 10:9

"Yeah well, Dangle finally got promoted, I guess. My grandma used to say, "Some turds float to the top and some sink to the bottom, but at the end they all get flushed." Junior Reno 9:11
legendary
June 04, 2014, 03:22:30 PM
Actually, there is still a debate inside of the church if Paul in that epistle was indeed saying what he seems to be saying.

If salvation is a necessary result of believing or if it depends on good deeds.

Because if it's just a question of believing, it was a cheap price. Even hitler could be saved, if he believed (that is matter of another debate) and, at least, repented in 30 April 1945 (Paul doesn't demand that explicitly, but lets assume at least that he would demand that of hitler).
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
June 04, 2014, 03:09:12 PM
"If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."
Romans 10:9
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
June 03, 2014, 08:45:16 PM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 03, 2014, 04:55:56 PM
Yes, even in the XVI-XVII centuries, curvy women were the model. We can see that in so many paintings, like from Botticelli, Rubens, etc.

But this lady is clearly above that.

can we really say until how fat it was attractive?

the fatter you were the richer you were considered
perhaps even more attractive, we can't tell
times change

we used to burn gay people now we have sex with them
legendary
June 02, 2014, 08:00:37 PM
Yes, even in the XVI-XVII centuries, curvy women were the model. We can see that in so many paintings, like from Botticelli, Rubens, etc.

But this lady is clearly above that.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 02, 2014, 04:46:54 PM
Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons.

She's also called Mother, Mysha, The Silver Queen, Silver Lady, Child of Three, Daughter of Death, Slayer of Lies, Bride of Fire, The Dragon Queen Breaker of Shackles and Chains.

Now, that's a proper title. Smiley

Most Christian churches defend the Trinity, that the father, the son and the holy ghost are not exactly one and the same, but are part of God. But the Church argues that this is perfectly compatible with a monotheism.

Basically, Jesus on the Olive Garden and on the Cross wasn't exactly talking with him self, but something similar.

I guess ancient Greeks could argue that they also had a father, Zeus, and their sons and parents, all part of a divine family. That the difference was of grade, and not nature, and so that they too were basically monotheists, because they too had a father, a supreme God, he just had a bigger family. Thinks get a little more complicated, because Zeus had screw the Supreme God, Cronus, his father, to become supreme himself. But that is a detail.

yeah, but the main charachters from the bible don't appear in the same time as the ones in Greek mythology do Cheesy

lorde is jesus.

you mean lord-ah? Cheesy

@manyshizzles
Jesus did exist, now if he was divine is matter of controversy

Yes, I guess if she was a powerful goddess she could at least make herself look better.

But, perhaps, it was the artists from the paleolithic that didn't make justice to her.

in the past fat women were considered hot
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Kia ora!
June 01, 2014, 05:11:25 PM
Coin Miners prayer:
Dear lord Jesus, can you please drop the mining difficulty so my 2.8 GH/s Icefury can get back in the game, aamyn...

Jesus reply: mofo, go to the holyland and get your dumb arse a Spondooley SP30....
Pages:
Jump to: