Pages:
Author

Topic: Jesus Is Lord - page 4. (Read 4106 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
May 30, 2014, 11:53:05 AM
This is a great way to let everyone know that Jesus died for our sins..........But at the same time mows my grass once a month.

If only this lord of yours ever existed, would have made the story more valid

Historians are actually quite certain the man did exist. The question of divinity is more an issue of personal belief.

Yeah? Historians also were certain that Stone Cold Steve Austin would win Wrestlemania 19, 20, 24, 27 and 29.

The man Jesus Christ did in fact exist. Whether or not he was divine is for each person to decide. Not sure what any of this has to do with any wrestling star but okay.

I'm going to also guess there was at least one person named Jesus Christ in the world. We're humans. We think of names like bottlecaps. I also agree with you on the divine entity part, and it's really nobodies power to decide who decides for them. I'm not really into that, and could care less if Jesus Christ was/is real or not. Pretty sure I'm going to limbo anyway.

I have always kind of thought that those that are the most certain about things are usually wrong. It kind of applies to atheists and theists alike.

What if the limbo people speak of is actually a limbo party complete with steel drums and Jamaican rum?

Then we all shall go to limbo naked, meaning we die streakers, and rub our selves on the holy steel drums.

On Topic:

Anyway, I think everybody has a different idea on the hellish environment, or what happens after we die. What I was trying to say is that I really could care less about neither, and if there's actually a 'hell' or 'limbo', then why should I try to do something else when I'm positive I'll go to 'hell' or 'limbo'? But what if hell isn't what a particular religion believes in, then, dunno. Really don't care.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
May 30, 2014, 11:06:34 AM
This is a great way to let everyone know that Jesus died for our sins..........But at the same time mows my grass once a month.

Historians are actually quite certain the man did exist. The question of divinity is more an issue of personal belief.

Yeah? Historians also were certain that Stone Cold Steve Austin would win Wrestlemania 19, 20, 24, 27 and 29.

The man Jesus Christ did in fact exist. Whether or not he was divine is for each person to decide. Not sure what any of this has to do with any wrestling star but okay.

I'm going to also guess there was at least one person named Jesus Christ in the world. We're humans. We think of names like bottlecaps. I also agree with you on the divine entity part, and it's really nobodies power to decide who decides for them. I'm not really into that, and could care less if Jesus Christ was/is real or not. Pretty sure I'm going to limbo anyway.

I have always kind of thought that those that are the most certain about things are usually wrong. It kind of applies to atheists and theists alike.

What if the limbo people speak of is actually a limbo party complete with steel drums and Jamaican rum?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
May 30, 2014, 02:20:09 AM

Activity: 627
Merit: 103
May 30, 2014, 02:15:20 AM
Yes jesus did exist. ive stated that he mowed my lawns. the lawns a well kept and i see that every 2 weeks. however if you are talking about a fuckwit who roamed around performing micky mouse acts then no. that did not.

divinity is a physiological condition.
May 30, 2014, 02:01:41 AM

May 30, 2014, 01:23:24 AM

Activity: 140
Merit: 110
bitcoinnaire
May 30, 2014, 01:21:53 AM

Jesus Christ is also King of Kings, and Lord of Lords  Smiley

It's interesting to see this kind of post on a message board (I think I'm hanging out on reddit too much). And I'm kind of happy to see it. I accepted him into my life a couple years back when I was going through some turmoil health and personal wise and I've never been happier. His desire and direction for my life may be a little out of wack at the moment but I trust there's a reason here's there.
May 30, 2014, 01:07:04 AM

May 30, 2014, 12:52:34 AM

Activity: 434
May 30, 2014, 12:50:19 AM
lorde is jesus.
May 30, 2014, 12:49:20 AM
If we forget the many that are not kind to non-believers, or believers in a different religion, because of religious reasons or that are even not kind to fellow believers for the same reasons. The Inquisition was used against people that (at least apparently) adopted the Christian faith.

That is the thing I despise about organized religion. People use it as an excuse for mistreating others that believe differently or not at all. The current "christian" church has forgotten that the "king of kings" explicitly instructs them that the most important commandment is to love one another.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence
May 29, 2014, 06:26:36 PM
If we forget the many that are not kind to non-believers, or believers in a different religion, because of religious reasons or that are even not kind to fellow believers for the same reasons. The Inquisition was used against people that (at least apparently) adopted the Christian faith.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
May 29, 2014, 04:53:40 PM
Personally I am not religious but I do believe that religion helps make the world a better place for many who are religious are kinder.
Here is a video you might be interested in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZqaeusdMTk
-T
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
May 28, 2014, 11:20:16 PM

Amen  Grin
I think he also took softball coaching  Tongue
legendary
May 28, 2014, 09:40:18 PM
Most Christian churches defend the Trinity, that the father, the son and the holy ghost are not exactly one and the same, but are part of God. But the Church argues that this is perfectly compatible with a monotheism.

Basically, Jesus on the Olive Garden and on the Cross wasn't exactly talking with him self, but something similar.

I guess ancient Greeks could argue that they also had a father, Zeus, and their sons and parents, all part of a divine family. That the difference was of grade, and not nature, and so that they too were basically monotheists, because they too had a father, a supreme God, he just had a bigger family. Thinks get a little more complicated, because Zeus had screw the Supreme God, Cronus, his father, to become supreme himself. But that is a detail.

Activity: 434
May 28, 2014, 09:19:48 PM
Would Jesus have loved Bitcoin ? And why ?

im sure you could dig into the bible and find some passage that would support the theory of jesus loving bitcoin. hell they use it to justify everything.
Activity: 378
May 28, 2014, 09:18:12 PM

why did he than talk about his father who rules the kingdom of the heavens?? just wondering...

Yes correct Jesus is the King of kings but he not thy father-, but remember only in speaking with Jesus you can reach his father.

You cant pray to god must Pray to Jesus and he is the messenger that will pass our problems to the Almighty lord
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
May 28, 2014, 07:17:43 PM
Daenerys Targaryen, the First of Her Name, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of Dragons.

She's also called Mother, Mysha, The Silver Queen, Silver Lady, Child of Three, Daughter of Death, Slayer of Lies, Bride of Fire, The Dragon Queen Breaker of Shackles and Chains.

Now, that's a proper title. Smiley
legendary
May 28, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
I wonder if we need God, the Pope (even if he seems a nice guy) or the inquisition to respect the golden rule (and I don't mean the one that says who has the gold make the rules).
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
May 28, 2014, 06:02:38 PM
When I first read the thread title I was wondering if there was trolling afoot. But yeah, I'm a lifelong Catholic and believe in the golden rule which we need more of here in the BTC community. Not the fast and loose crowd.
Pages:
Jump to: