Pages:
Author

Topic: Jihan Wu crashes the Bitcoin price - page 3. (Read 5228 times)

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
March 07, 2017, 09:18:30 AM
what UASF (realname HBS (hard bilateral split)) is offering is that nodes become political by rjecting blocks not based on rules. but based on which 'team' a block supports.

im laughing hard that even the "backward compatibility" promise is falling apart by actively blocking native blocks by blockstreamers.

three word: desperation to centralise

P.S
the exaggeration that antpool jihan is full on BU can be easily dismissed

456112    0x20000000    AntPool    Mined by AntPool xz0 5 XcS 
456097    0x20000000    AntPool    Mined by AntPool usa4 #Y*J X'f*
456094    0x20000000    AntPool    Mined by AntPool usa2 ' X#K
456089    0x20000000    AntPool    Mined by AntPool bj11 ` X%Y
456081    0x20000000    AntPool    Mined by AntPool bj11 ` X)x
456080    0x20000000    AntPool     Mined by AntPool usa2 ' X}
456065    0x20000000    AntPool    Mined by AntPool usa3 Ϩ X d\
456064    0x20000000    AntPool    Mined by AntPool xz0 5 Xk
456060    0x20000000    AntPool    |Mined by AntPool usa4 #Y*J X^!iJ
456057    0x20000000    AntPool    yMined by AntPool usa2 ' Xقc
456042    0x20000000    AntPool    jMined by AntPool usa3 Ϩ XҢ?Q
^ no sign of BU spport

456092    0x20000000    AntPool    #Mined by AntPool wy/EB1/AD6/ X w
456058    0x20000000    AntPool    z#Mined by AntPool bj8/EB1/AD6/) Xmm Wb456040    0x20000000    AntPool    h#Mined by AntPool bj8/EB1/AD6/) XmmmxR7]ª"{M9ť}-YC    
456039    0x20000000    AntPool    g#Mined by AntPool bj5/EB1/AD6/ Xnmm:d"QN5˞[J,g
^ sign of BU support

as you can see even inside "antpool" there is still indecision either way. so stop scrapping the bottom of the barrel, looking for fake doomsdays just as a excuse to create a create doomsday by allowing blockstream lovers to bilaterally split the network rather than work WITH network consensus
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
March 07, 2017, 09:14:52 AM
Right now nothing can be done as the segwit has gained around 30% support from the miners.

You're wrong

If non-Segwit blocks are not relayed at all, the 30% of miners that do make Segwit activating blocks becomes a larger proportion of the network automatically, as the non-Segwit miners effectively don't exist on the network, because they can't get their blocks on the chain.

Miners will soon either change their minds (some large pools like F2Pool have said they would support Segwit in the future anyway), or be put out of business mining nothing.

Problem solved. Let's do it, IMO
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2017, 09:09:16 AM
Damn very unfortunate . Guess it is time to sell mine

How much you selling?  Smiley

Cool
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 401
March 07, 2017, 09:06:14 AM
Damn very unfortunate . Guess it is time to sell mine
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
March 07, 2017, 08:54:07 AM
Mining mogul Jihan Wu single-handedly crashes the Bitcoin price by supporting BUcoin.

Dumb low IQ Roger Vermin and the rest of delusional BUcoiners celebrate that Antpool mined some BUcoin blocks. Just hours later, the price crashes into oblivion.

The Powers That Be failed to hack bitcoin, but they might as well kill it by good ol "divide and conquer".

Good job, Jihan, now you'll soon be emperor of a worthless token.

another very questionable topic from this user full of false information.
i am not getting in the middle of the BU vs Segwit shit but as far as price is concerned the FUD that people like you spread is causing the drop. whales dump then they spread FUD and idiots start selling afterwards. nothing to see here that is new.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
March 07, 2017, 08:48:29 AM
Wu have been supporting BU from the start and now the crash in price create a panic among the users. Now once again a sudden increase in circulation happens causing delay in transaction confirmation with the increased traffic on the selling. Right now nothing can be done as the segwit has gained around 30% support from the miners.

"Officially" getting Antpool definitely scores for BU, but if it has been always clear communicated positions this rage-dump should be short tempered and short lasting in result. Markets allready back on a rise again.
Hashrate did not even react.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 532
Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting
March 07, 2017, 08:34:10 AM
Wu have been supporting BU from the start and now the crash in price create a panic among the users. Now once again a sudden increase in circulation happens causing delay in transaction confirmation with the increased traffic on the selling. Right now nothing can be done as the segwit has gained around 30% support from the miners.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
March 07, 2017, 08:28:26 AM
Mining mogul Jihan Wu single-handedly crashes the Bitcoin price by supporting BUcoin.

Dumb low IQ Roger Vermin and the rest of delusional BUcoiners celebrate that Antpool mined some BUcoin blocks. Just hours later, the price crashes into oblivion.

The Powers That Be failed to hack bitcoin, but they might as well kill it by good ol "divide and conquer".

I`m pretty sure that most of the miners don`t care about bitcoin,they care only about their profits.
If they can make more profits with some shitty altcoin,i`m sure that they would leave bitcoin immediately.
The "divide and conquer" strategy won`t work against bitcoin.

Why blame miners alone?even we the bitcoin users are more concerned about its price.
What reason do you have to justify mass storing or holding of bitcoin?
We need services and goods that can be bought with bitcoin, jobs that are paid with bitcoin but volatile price of bitcoin prevent its growth.
legendary
Activity: 1162
March 07, 2017, 08:26:30 AM
Into oblivion?

Less than $100, I've seen worse.

We lost the ATH and BTC being higher than gold, but not a total collapse because they are in sight
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:23:17 AM
Don't cry kiklo Grin

It's time to create the SegWilful client Smiley

BTC could drop to 1 Penny, would not faze me.

Bet you can't say that.

Cool

FYI:
Moved the Bulk of my funds to US $, right after Trump got elected.   Smiley
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:22:13 AM
Note that BU big blockers have started to palpably shit themselves about my suggestion.

I suggest we do it, Jihan Who can go into the paperweight business instead

You are a Dumb Ass,

Segwit has less than 30% , they can't do shit and your lying ass knows it.

Cool

legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:21:53 AM
Don't cry kiklo Grin

It's time to create the SegWilful client Smiley
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:20:09 AM
If anyone Bothers to look at the Markets the Sell Off is happening across Multiple Coins, not only BTC

The 1 Constant is the Other market is the CNY pairing, so the Chinese are cashing out of almost everything.
Except if you look at the LTC/CNY Markets, the Chinese are buying up LTC.

Coordinated sell off attack from the looks of it.  Wink

Cool
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:17:22 AM
Note that BU big blockers have started to palpably shit themselves about my suggestion.

I suggest we do it, Jihan Who can go into the paperweight business instead
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:15:11 AM
I still don't understand UASF, since the node count can be easily gamed. What else can be done?

Run a custom Bitcoin client that refuses to relay blocks that don't support Segwit.

Not playing with these people, I would be perfectly happy to kill Antminer, Antpool and any others who want to treat the activation mechanism as a political tool.

WAKE UP
it was blockstream that bypassed user consent by going soft!!!
now they want super hard bilateral.
again avoiding safe hard consensus which is what the general community want
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:13:09 AM
I still don't understand UASF, since the node count can be easily gamed. What else can be done?

Run a custom Bitcoin client that refuses to relay blocks that don't support Segwit.

Not playing with these people, I would be perfectly happy to kill Antminer, Antpool and any others who want to treat the activation mechanism as a political tool.
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:08:19 AM
UASF is a hard BILATERAL SPLIT
there is no real thing of "user activated soft fork", thats just buzzwording games

in short
soft=pools only
hard= NODES then pools
save repeating myself:
below these umbrella terms is what could happen.. in both hard and soft it can either continue as one chain. or bilateral split
softfork: consensus - >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: small 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: controversial - >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: long big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced and dead
softfork: bilateral split - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

hardfork: consensus - >94% nodes, then >94% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: 5% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: controversial - >50% nodes, then >50% pools no banning/ignoring of minority. result: big% orphan drama then one chain. minority unsynced / dead
hardfork: bilateral split - intentionally ignoring/banning opposing rules and not including them. result: 2 chains

yep even in a pool only vote, bilateral splits can happen.

do not take one "teams" fake rhetoric of softs best case scenario and hards worse case scenario.. as thats just the 'brush it under the carpet' gameplay

real funny thing is blockstream know Soft consensus failed them
but instead of doing the next best thing. a hard CONSENSUS.. they are wanting to jump straight to the thing they prtended going soft would avoid.. going for hard bilateral split.

shows how desperate they are..

just remember one thing. segwit RULES do not fix the network.
people can just avoid using segwit priv/pub keys and continue using native priv/pub keys and still do sigop quadratic spamming and malleation. even if segwit was activated as a soft consensus, soft bilateral, hard consensus hard bilateral.

in short segwit is an empty gesture that will never meet its promise.

the desperate moves by blockstream to go full 'wetard' and jump straight to hard bilateral rather then give in and do what the community want(hard consensus).
and the desperation of gmaxwell to beg the community to go bilateral.
What you are describing is what I and others call a bilateral hardfork-- where both sides reject the other.

I tried to convince the authors of BIP101 to make their proposal bilateral by requiring the sign bit be set in the version in their blocks (existing nodes require it to be unset). Sadly, the proposals authors were aggressively against this.

The ethereum hardfork was bilateral, probably the only thing they did right--
along with his sheep script readers desparately trying to make it sound like its not blockstream that want bilateral splits... reveals that blockstream want be be centralist controllers rathr then going hard consensus and just being on the same playing field as non blockstream implementations
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
March 07, 2017, 08:05:42 AM

Wow bitcoin price really did go down. I just opened my bitcointalk.org account and I had come by into this topic then after reading I checked my wallet address and the equivalent in dollars. It has dropped down by almost 40 dollars. Hope bitcoins price will increase again and hope those bad news will stop coming in. But 40 dollars is not that huge and so there is no need to panic.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
March 07, 2017, 08:05:22 AM

I`m pretty sure that most of the miners don`t care about bitcoin,they care only about their profits.
If they can make more profits with some shitty altcoin,i`m sure that they would leave bitcoin immediately.
The "divide and conquer" strategy won`t work against bitcoin.

Proof-of-work: miners' interests are not aligned with interests of users. They are two different groups of people.

Proof-of-stake: users hold tokens and secure the network with the staking power of tokens. They are the same people.
legendary
March 07, 2017, 08:04:29 AM

You Poor little Segwit Shrill,

The Fact BTU is going to finish off the last of segwit too much for you.

Go get some therapy and grow up.  Cheesy

Cool

FYI:
BTC Price is still above $1200 , so I don't know why you are crying like a little bitch.
More Fake Propaganda from you segwit whiners.
Pages:
Jump to: